Jamie Murphy

postiejim

:D

Magic especially the goal at Ibrox

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy GOAL Moorphey :woop:

Guess big Gloria might be an undercover football agent as well as all his other unreleased talents

me too fecking classic, they should play that over the PA at Fir Park every time he scores!!!!!!

I think that in Murphy and Humphrey we have two of the most exciting prospects in Scotland ,Ive taken a wee while to be won over by Humphrey but the improvement of both players this season is very evident .

Agreed Jim and I have to admit I was not impressed by Humps crossing at first but I think the coaches are working with him on his final ball. Was very direct on Sat and we might have picked up on Hearts lack of pace from their game at Falkirk in midweek.

I think that in Murphy and Humphrey we have two of the most exciting prospects in Scotland ,Ive taken a wee while to be won over by Humphrey but the improvement of both players this season is very evident .

Im kind of the opposite of you mate, when humphrey got a couple of chances last year he really impressed me!

But it's took Murphy a couple of seasons to really get my vote like he has done this season/ end of last season.

Both seem to be taking this season by storm!

Roll on another successful end to a half decent start to the season where hopefully we will end up the third force!

If Murphy continues to progress the way he is then he is destined for the big time.

Humphrey has been our best player this season so far.

100% agree on both counts. I thought last year that Humphrey had the tools to be a great player. This season he has come on in leaps and bounds.

Like others, I wasn't convinced by Murphy at first. But the second half of last season and the start of this season, he's looked to be really maturing. Close to McFadden status, only in that it's getting to the point where we should be wrapping him in cotton wool between games becuase he's that crucial to us...

Like others, I wasn't convinced by Murphy at first. But the second half of last season and the start of this season, he's looked to be really maturing.

I always thought he showed a lot of potential when he was coming on as a sub however seemed a bit light weight and was pushed off the ball far too easily. The exact same things I (and a lot of people) were saying about Darren Smith at the time. I know it's still early days in both players careers but it's strange how two players who showed about the same level of promise and style of play have gone in different directions.

I don't know if some of the older posters would agree with me but Jamie Murphy reminds me a lot of the great Vic Davidson :notworthy: (from the 'seventies side with Graham and Pettigrew in it) the way he glides across the ground and slaloms past opponents with the ball seemingly tied to the end of his boot.

I always thought he showed a lot of potential when he was coming on as a sub however seemed a bit light weight and was pushed off the ball far too easily. The exact same things I (and a lot of people) were saying about Darren Smith at the time. I know it's still early days in both players careers but it's strange how two players who showed about the same level of promise and style of play have gone in different directions.

Murphy for my money always looked well better than Smith, just all round better touch and agility. Smith had his own plus points but was an awkward looking player, Murphy much more composed looking.

I don't know if some of the older posters would agree with me but Jamie Murphy reminds me a lot of the great Vic Davidson :notworthy: (from the 'seventies side with Graham and Pettigrew in it) the way he glides across the ground and slaloms past opponents with the ball seemingly tied to the end of his boot.
I know what you mean - he does have some vic-ish qualities.