All Standing Sections In Spl Grounds

Fraz1886

This year St Mirren And Celtic have been allocated standing sections in a "All Seating'' ground. Surely Motherwell can go on and contribute to something like this after years of getting hassle of stewards and police to sit down and sing and nobodys allowed to stand! So if St Mirren can do it in there new modern all seater ground iam sure we could definetly do it in the east stand or a couple of sections in the east!!

http://www.saintmirren.tv/articles/2010092...2233570_2161218

a standing area would be a good idea but i doubt if any of the boys that do the majority of the singing approached the club right now about a standing area you'd get a very positive response.

i don't give a fuck about smoke bombs but the polis don't like anyone getting one over them and the more smoke bombs that go off the more likely it is that we as a support and that group in general will be cracked down on.

i don't give a fuck about smoke bombs but the polis don't like anyone getting one over them and the more smoke bombs that go off the more likely it is that we as a support and that group in general will be cracked down on.

who mentioned smoke bombs lol ?

i think if you were to go the club and ask them for a standing area the topic of smoke bombs would be raised pretty quickly.

i would also guess that the celtic and st mirren ultras would have to agree to a few terms and conditions before they were granted their areas and if they break them they lose it.

The group at St Mirren's smaller than the folk having a go at Fir Park. Motherwell only have to tell the stewards to turn a blind eye to standing in certain areas of the ground. It would be a good idea imo,gives the supporters, the stewards and the police an easier time.

Is it not the match commander who would have to say this? Sure it's been mentioned before that one of the problems is the differing approach of the match commander(s) each home fixture - some are happy to leave people standing while others insist that they sit down.

I'm all for it but it's not just a case of turning a blind eye, there has to be a change in the law so every fan at every ground is treated the same.

If you read st mirrens article, it isnt just a case of standing for the sake of it. Its more a case of you stand to sing. Its more like a singing section rather than a standing.

Is it not the match commander who would have to say this? Sure it's been mentioned before that one of the problems is the differing approach of the match commander(s) each home fixture - some are happy to leave people standing while others insist that they sit down.

Would it not have to be the match commander AND the operations manager for the stewards?

I have said for ages, the reason spl grounds are dead and quiet is that it is all seating.

Surely in todays world measures can be taken to allow a standing section to be rolled out at fir park safely.

People who want to stand then stand in this section, people whom dont want to stand can happily sit elsewhere in the stadium.

I personally feel this would generate more noise.

To go off course a bit, what is the opinion of bringing back pints at the football? surely over a period of 90mins you can only at most drink 4 or 5 beers which would hardly see someone legless. I just think if the english can still sell beer why cant we when for one we has less people to monitor at the grounds.

To go off course a bit, what is the opinion of bringing back pints at the football? surely over a period of 90mins you can only at most drink 4 or 5 beers which would hardly see someone legless. I just think if the english can still sell beer why cant we when for one we has less people to monitor at the grounds.

Was discussed on the boards not that long ago, and the consensus IIRC was "no thanks". There are too many eejits who can't handle one or two beers, let alone five, without making an arse of themselves and pissing off those around them.

Was discussed on the boards not that long ago, and the consensus IIRC was "no thanks". There are too many eejits who can't handle one or two beers, let alone five, without making an arse of themselves and pissing off those around them.

But whats the difference to the same 'eejits' drinking in the pub all the way up to 2.55pm and then going into the game?

Recieved this email earlier...

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you today on behalf of Scottish football fans for the reintroduction of standing at SPL matches which is a facebook group(Link at the bottom of the email) which supports the introduction of safe standing at football games in the SPL which current has over 1500 members. Currently the SPL is suffering from poor attendances, high ticket prices and poor atmospheres at games and this is why we believe that the SPL should follow the same course of action as the German Bundersliga which has created cheaper tickets for fans larger attendance and a better atmosphere at games solving the above problems as was stated. We are contacting all supporters clubs/trusts in the country to gain more support for our campaign and we are formally asking you to endorse our campaign and help bring real change to game.

Yours,

Lachlan Bruce

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?g...6484&ref=ts

Fill your boots.

I'm in for a reduction to Germany level prices (that we've seen in the past) but only if Motherwell fans sign a contract that they won't mind going down to the level of Haverdfordwest etc. As it would mean Part-Time, Semi-pro Football (apart from Rangers and Celtic).

Why do people compare our prices to other nations but not take into all the other things about the nation. Like the fan bases are there, the TV Revenue is huge compared to ours, Sponsorship - what we got paid by JAXX you'd lucky to get a slot in one of the Stadiums never mind be main sponsor at someone like Gladbach etc. etc.

I'm in for a reduction to Germany level prices (that we've seen in the past) but only if Motherwell fans sign a contract that they won't mind going down to the level of Haverdfordwest etc. As it would mean Part-Time, Semi-pro Football (apart from Rangers and Celtic).

Why do people compare our prices to other nations but not take into all the other things about the nation. Like the fan bases are there, the TV Revenue is huge compared to ours, Sponsorship - what we got paid by JAXX you'd lucky to get a slot in one of the Stadiums never mind be main sponsor at someone like Gladbach etc. etc.

You think we've always been chasing Europe likes? Supporting Motherwell means you take what you get, we might go down that road pretty soon for all we know and that's at current prices.

Admission is too high in this country, full fucking stop, stop making ridiculous comparisons to suit your argument then accuse other folk of doing the same.