Motherwell V St Mirren Sat 02/10/2010

Tartan Copper

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heart tells me,keep the same team, 3-0 for Well, Humph,Murph + Blackman

Head tells me ,St Midden bottom of the Table on a horrid run, therefore, the biggest banker away win of the weekend! doesnt matter who we play or how many players we use, we will lose as its the Motherwell way. Seen it too many times EVERY season for as long as I can remember, St Midden 2-0, some striker who hasnt scored in 2 years will score both :doh:

This is the kind of game we should be looking to win. On the flip this this is the kind of game St Mirren should at least be looking to take a point from. If they have any ambition on staying up that is.

Not sure about tbe team to be honest. I was AMAZED Brown played Hateley at LB against Hearts. I'm just not comfortable with him playing there. If Hammell is fit I'd give Hateley a spot on the bench this week. If he isn't I'd play Saunders in centre with Craigan, Reynolds at LB and Hateley in his best position at RB.

Going to be positive and go for a 3-1 win for Motherwell.

This games worrying me bit, mostly due to past experiences with St Midden and the fact we are sitting 3rd at the moment. Hopefully the lads are fired up and can go out and get our first 3 points at Fir Park but just feel this might be a possible banana skin and I'm usually optimistic with Motherwell.

These type of games are the ones we traditionally struggle in, and it could be the same on Saturday. They will just get stuck in and make it awkward for us, and the face that they're playing so poorly and are bottom of the SPL just adds to that. As we have still to record our first SPL home win too, I can understand the slight negativity here.

However we have been doing okay and must go into the game with confidence. The only change I'd make would be to re-introduce Hammell to the line-up if fit.

Any win would do, so I'll say 2-1 to us but a nervy one.

These type of games are the ones we traditionally struggle in, and it could be the same on Saturday. They will just get stuck in and make it awkward for us, and the face that they're playing so poorly and are bottom of the SPL just adds to that. As we have still to record our first SPL home win too, I can understand the slight negativity here.

That's why I'm positive. If the league table was the same (us third, them bottom) but it was our home record that got us there, then I would be very pessimistic but tbh our home form is just as bad as their away form - ok we've collected 1 more point but still.

3-0. Murphy, Blackman and Sutton.

hammell back in for saunders if he is available. st mirren aren't just rubbish they seem to be in full crisis mode already, if score early we should score a few.

in season 07/08 when we finished third we took 29 of our 60 points of the bottom 4 teams. if we are to have a really good season this year we have to rack up the wins against midden, ict, accies, st j and killie.

it'll be interesting to see how McCluskey performs considering he was a trialist for us in the bounce game and impressed. Compared with Gow, who on paper is a better player with more pedigree and hopefully now getting close to match fit.

I reckon it may be a turged affair, this has 'coupon buster' all over it, however I'll go for a narrow victory.

I would consider starting Gow ahead of Sutton as i'm expecting St Mirren to park the bus and look for a draw. He would give us a lot more creativity than Sutton and that could be the key to unlocking their defence. If we are struggling to create anything early on i hope the long ball isn't resorted to as more than likely it won't work.

We should win this one, i am going for a 3-0 victory. Blackman, Murphy and Humphrey to score.

Head tells me ,St Midden bottom of the Table on a horrid run, therefore, the biggest banker away win of the weekend! doesnt matter who we play or how many players we use, we will lose as its the Motherwell way. Seen it too many times EVERY season for as long as I can remember, St Midden 2-0, some striker who hasnt scored in 2 years will score both

This.

Although I'll be fucking raging even more so than usual if it comes to pass and the great win at Tynecastle will count for nothing.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to miss this one. Got a bit of a family emergency up north so heading up after work tomorrow. Gutted.

Think we might actually do better against them now that Gus is away. He always knew how to play against us so it will be interesting to see how his successor gets on.

In saying that, I think we'll get our first home win of the season on Saturday, 3-0.

hammell in for hately would be the only change i'd make

seen a few people mention that saints are our bogey team but im sure thats only for the cup. I thought we have a decent record against them in the league.

I think we will go 1 up pretty early and hopefully get a 2nd before half time and finally finish a team off at home.

up the well