Tartan Copper

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a wee look on P and B and the st mirren fans believe we'l beat them

infact everyone seems to think we'l beat them

2-1 st mirren then :ph34r:

all seriousness but think this game will have one goal in it more likely we'l win it after taking the lead thru humph then st mirren equalising from a corner then the well getting a goal last 10 mins coutesy of murph

After supporting this bunch for almost 50 years When all is weighed up and taken into account this has a home defeat written all over it!! How can it be anythign else. I have never been so convinced that a home defeat is on the cards. St Mirrens crappy record, us in third the teams below looking to drop points.........tell me this isn't a classic Motherwell blows it again scenario. No other option. Therfore my forecast is motherwell 5 St Mirren 0.

I have never been that right about anything so It must be wrong hence the forecast :-)

See what it does to your mind after all these years supporting the well.

Up the Well............any of you guys remember or ever hear the song by Coling Stuart ( I think )

if there are any copys of the record stillavaiable please seek them out and destroy them. Made Andy Stewarts records almost sound bearable.

After supporting this bunch for almost 50 years When all is weighed up and taken into account this has a home defeat written all over it!! How can it be anythign else. I have never been so convinced that a home defeat is on the cards. St Mirrens crappy record, us in third the teams below looking to drop points.........tell me this isn't a classic Motherwell blows it again scenario. No other option. Therfore my forecast is motherwell 5 St Mirren 0.

I have never been that right about anything so It must be wrong hence the forecast :-)

See what it does to your mind after all these years supporting the well.

Up the Well............any of you guys remember or ever hear the song by Coling Stuart ( I think )

if there are any copys of the record stillavaiable please seek them out and destroy them. Made Andy Stewarts records almost sound bearable.

The song is played at every home game in the moments before and as the team comes out for the first and second half!

OH dear! Really??? Haven't been much to Fir park since I moved to Texas in 1989 and I don't recall them playing it at Hampden in 1991.

Managed to make the odd game there over the years but suppose i must wander in after the players are out on the field. Last game I saw at fir park was probably Aberdeen on a wed night in Nov of 2005. If I remember correctly the east stand was still terracing?? If it had seats we weren't sitting.

But my wee grandson here (3) loves running around in his motherwell strip and randomly lets out a shout now and again of " C'mon Motherwell"

Poor memory or perhaps too much moonshine - East Stand has been seated since immediately after the 1991 cup win.

Spot on, last league game we stood in the Shed was the 3-0 victory over the Bunz in May 1991. However, we were given access to it when the team brought the cup back from Hampden.

hammell in for hately would be the only change i'd make

I'd put Hateley at right back and drop Saunders.

Nothing against Saunders though but he reminds me a lot of Paul Quinn in the early days, I think he's someone who needs to be nurtured a bit over 2 or 3 seasons rather than a Mark Reynolds who went straight into the first team and never left it.

I agree with the sentiment that this is the sort of game we need to win if we want to finish the season in our current position.

The although we are sitting 3rd the league table is still pretty tight at the moment, 3 points at this stage in the season could really help to define the whole season. Today is a real 6 pointer. A win puts us 9 points ahead of the teams at the bottom of the table, a lose would have St. Mirren only 3 points behind.