Motherwell V St Mirren Sat 02/10/2010

Tartan Copper

Football's all ifs and buts though Stevie - or swings and roundabouts (or whatever cliché you like)...

We perhaps didn't play as well as we can against Killie and took all three points. Similarly, we weren't brilliant against St Johnstone and beat them fairly comfortably.

There's no doubt about it, we should have beaten both Hibs and Aberdeen and you are right to say CB has himself said that.

But, all in all, 13 points and third is a pretty fair assessment of how well we've done so far this term.

I think what others are saying is that to have 13 points, and to be in 3rd place, when there are teams below us with five times the football budget and two or three times the home support is an excellent achievement so far and credit is due to both the management team and the playing staff...

Long may it continue... :evilgrin:

I agree with that and understand what they (others) are saying.

My point isn't that we have a divine Real Madrid style right to win. What I've been trying to say is that even taking into account our meagre resources. If we had changed our playing style re Hibs, for instance, from punting the ball high and aimlessley up the middle for Bamba to mop up with his big foreheid. And played a more direct and cutting game - The 'threadbare XI' we threw out would have cuffed them.

I understand perfectly where we stand in the food chain, always have done, always will do - but I'm not lambasting my team or being hyper critical, if all I'm pointing out that if we done things differently I believe we could achieve even more.

Our threadbare squad could quite asily be sitting 3 off the OF!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic