Craig Brown Enters The 'atmosphere At Fir Park' Debate

Steve Diggle

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get the thousands of fans bouncing then think of getting the flares in.

Thats a mission in itself, Cant even get motherwell fans joining in songs these days let alone bouncing. Football is dead, anything that made football remotely attractive is gone and the powers at be are making sure it stands that way.

Thats a mission in itself, Cant even get motherwell fans joining in songs these days let alone bouncing. Football is dead, anything that made football remotely attractive is gone and the powers at be are making sure it stands that way.
Is watching it not 'remotely attractive'?

So many people on here talk about gettin behind the team, lack of support and so on. Week in week out folk are also on here moaning about different songs, or whats gone on that week. If ye dont like us trying to get behind the team and show our support then by all means do it yourself. Feel free to make up your own songs or chants or what not. But what good does it do the team when you sit there every week not getting behind the team and then moaning when you hear or see something you dont like.

The difference is, we see things we dont like and act upon it. We see too many people moanin and groanin about the factors that are turning people away from football. All were trying to do is liven the atmosphere up, Whats wrong with creating new songs, new chants, new ways to create the atmosphere and get behind the team. If half the people on this board put their energy into joining in with the songs and chants instead of coming on here week after week moaning, then we wouldnt have 4/5 threads about atmosphere or getting behind the team.

Is watching it not 'remotely attractive'?

Being in the fortunate position of living a few 000 miles away and not being able to make games perhaps leaves yourself out of touch with how shite it is in an SPL ground attending a SPL match. Though being surrounded by Americans 24/7-365 is much more of a Hell on Earth than the occasional visit to Paisley...

But what good does it do the team when you sit there every week not getting behind the team and then moaning when you hear or see something you dont like.

We've qualified for Europe three years on the trot and are currently sitting 3rd in the SPL. Seems to me like it's actually doing the team a fair bit of good :unsure:

the one at dundee united was class.. if i remember correctly there was two let off in the toilets too which completly discoloured the toilets

But at the end of day am kinda glad the club has finally said something about it as since the one at new douglas park which i may or may not know anything about fuck all has been done about the smoke canisters that have went off at every game since. It was starting to look like the club didn't care even though they said they prided themselves in being a family club

boyle.jpg

Is this the reason Mr Boyle decided to spend a fair whack of the second half in with the fans?

You were clearly just trying to swatch the texts of the burd in front of you, and coincidentally snapped John Boyle at the same time.

I don't agree, when I'm watching a game of football and suddenly seeing smoke coming from the crowd Bradford is the first time that goes through my mind.

you might not see a link but I do

also if your so bored watch the game you feel you need to let a smoke bomb then may be you should just get a new hobby

Agree with Delboy, when there's smoke there's fire. No need for people to put others at risk at a football match over a silly flare.

Encouraging a good atmosphere is a must, but singing songs that no one else knows if totally pointless and a bit gay.

Question: how are folk meant to get songs out there if not by singing them?

e.g the recently popular version of he's only on loan, kicked of with a car load on the way to an away game