Young Edward

wunderwell

I used to do some work in and about Fir Park and had to wait after games with Edward as people left through the tunnel. He was always very pleasant to everyone and seemed like just the person you'd want to have at the door greeting people. Does it matter that he is a "masonic Rangers fan" ?

Does anyone have any info in regards to a Young Edward who deals in hospitality front door?

And any idea why we have a masonic Rangers fan on the door?

Dont expect to be greeted inside Fir Park with a masonic handshake.

Idiot. :whistling:

The point is not what he his but he conducted himself very badly at the recent Motherwell v Celtic game and would make me think twice re hospitality again for this game. It was a mixed crowd with jovial banter. Now this guy needs to not bring his beliefs when shaking our hands when he gets in. It is downright embarrasing for a guy at the door in hospitality to do this. Especially given the game it was a poor decision in my opinion. I hate being tarred as a team that Celtic fans perceive as being Mini Rangers, without masonic handshakes at the door. He enlightened our crowd that his favourite game was Skippy Sunday. You cant do this at hospitality bottom line, thats another x amount of income down the drain.

The point is not what he his but he conducted himself very badly at the recent Motherwell v Celtic game...

I hate being tarred as a team that Celtic fans perceive as being Mini Rangers, without masonic handshakes at the door. He enlightened our crowd that his favourite game was Skippy Sunday. You cant do this at hospitality bottom line, thats another x amount of income down the drain.

How do you know it was a masonic handshake? Personally I wouldn't know the difference between a normal handshake and a masonic one.

Skippy Sunday was also one of my favourite games and can see no reason why one of our employees shouldn't say so. If this is deemed conducting yourself badly there is something far wrong with society. As long as he isn't being rude and is only making polite conversation I don't see the problem. I have many Celtic supporting mates who agree that the Skippy Sunday game was indeed a cracking match that was full of drama and excitement. Despite the result, they at least admitted it was an exciting end to the season.

Does anyone have any info in regards to a Young Edward who deals in hospitality front door? And any idea why we have a masonic Rangers fan on the door? Dont expect to be greeted inside Fir Park with a masonic handshake.

Well unless you are a member of the craft, how do you know it was a 'masonic' handshake? It's a secret (just like when they play the Eastern Star at footy and nobody knows the score) no? Where's the offence? That lot, not many granted, are allowed in if they have something to offer... Could do with more on the rota, just to attract some debatable referee decisions in our favour!

Up the goat walkers!

I give up, trust me when I say it was done to antagonise people, who he suspected of being Celtic fans. Within 1 minute at a Motherwell v Celtic game, he had said

A) He was a loyal Rangers fan

B) His favourite game was Skippy Sunday, not from any Motherwell pleasure but clearly from a Rangers and anti-Celtic viewpoint

C) He had clearly demonstrated a handshake that we interpreted as being masonic.

The point is if your on the door of hospitality you don't rile people you dont know. These guys reciprocate the same favour for us at Celtic and we haven't had anything like this happen to us. It is a bit embarrasing, maybe I am not explaining it well but it had to be seen to be believed. Didn't seem like Fir Park I was going into seemed like Govan.

Anyway nuff said.

Ah so you don't know it was Masonic - just a guess - seems reasonable (NOT). He might even be a member of one of the Loyal Orders - Oh dear might it really have been an 'Orange' handshake - heaven forbid.

The point is that unless your a member of either of these organisations its unlikely you would know the handshake if it slapped you in the face. Why has it taken so long for this to surface. Did your guests really wait this long to be offended? He waited 'one minute' to antagonise your guests, yet you waited nearly 5 weeks after the event to publicly address this. Have you brought this to the attention of the Club Officials?

I smell shite.