• Jamie Murphy
    • Nick Blackman
    • John Sutton
    • Stevie Hammell
    • Ross Forbes
    • Alan Gow
    • Null Vote

No great performances.

Lasley and Jennings worked hard, Murphy took his goal but I'll give it to Humphrey, felt he was unlucky to get hooked unless he was still feeling the injury he got on the East stand wing.

Took his goal well, made a few good tackles and looked dangerous, still needs to improve his delivery though.

Jennings started the first half well, Humphrey had lots of the ball but did nothing with it - he really needs to get the ball in the box, good goal though.

Going for Craigan as he was solid when the rest of the team were losing it.

Two good goals, crazy penalty, no real outstanding player. Should have buried them in the first 20 minutes, they were awful and we should never have let them back into it.

Brown was content with a 1-0 win and resorted to 4-5-1 at half time. Really let them into it.

I went for null vote, but on reflection should have went for Murphy. Thought he was the only one looking like he could do something positive in the second half. Very poor performance overall though and over the moon we can still take the points when playing as piss poor as that.

went for jennings,1st half excellent spreading the ball well, tackling well, and some really good play at times, not quite as active the 2nd half but done his job more than the rest i felt blackman was poor and over the piece sutton and murphy were quiet, craigan an reynolds are noramlly excellent together but everytime we play against higdon they seem to be bullied.saunders done really well before the injury, and i just dont like hately at left back.That sounded negative but we dug the result out eventually and i think we were getting dragged down by them to their level in the 2nd half, rather than them playing well.

Humphrey's goal was a peach, good quick thinking to take advantage of the slip and touch to take it away from the closing defender. Can't help feeling that we could have taken advantage of Higden's booking after 10 minutes by trying to get him sent off. Hateley's free kick was nice too, I think the keeper got a hand to it so fair play to him. Game would have changed big time if wee got that however we didn't and has already been noted on this thread, the "we'll take the 1-0" 4-5-1 didn't work, like it against Aalesund. Jennings had some powerful runs from midfield and some quick 1-2's that sliced St. Mirren open.

Don't know if Craig gave them Vicodin at half-time when Red Bull was called for. Certainly the scare at the end of the first half demanded it. Still don't know why he insists on playing Blackman in a left midfield role when he is quite clearly a striker and Murphy has experience playing there.

2nd half was appalling, 2nd to every ball, Sutton pushed off the ball or just didn't challenge, Murphy didn't get into full flow until the last 5 minutes, Humphrey seemed lazy after his goal, Craigan stood out for me, despite that debacle where he passed it across the open goal mouth. Hateley still seems to have a few confidence issues, his play highlighted that we've missed Hammell firing in a good ball from the left. However as far as man of the match goes, I'd give it to Gow for his 15 minutes he won a penalty and timed his run before squaring it ...... If Carlsberg did contributions .......

Gow. We looked pathetic in the second half till he came on. Murphy was back to being the headless chicken today but finished well from Gow's sublime cross. First 20 we should have skelped them. Humphrey's goal was a peach.

Think we went flat when Humphrey and Murphy switched in the first half.

It's all about opinions...I thought Jennings was well off the pace today, especially in second half and was totally at fault for the 2nd goal as he had the opportunity to punt clear up the park, but a weak header straight to St's player and the ball was back in the middle and resultant goal Saints...

Despite a generally overall disappointing team performance, there were a few who put in a good shift. I thought Hump, Las and Jenno were very good, but my vote went to Murph for his pace, skill, movement, and of course the all important clinching goal.

Chris Humphrey for his goal, and he is playing pretty well throughout the game. Craigan was solid as usual. Also thought Hammell deserved a mention, and Lasley. Team seemed to lose it a bit in the second half but got there in the end to get the points.

From the BBC gossip column:

Motherwell's Chris Humphrey could be handed his first Scotland cap, even though he was born in Jamaica, as his mother was born in Scotland. (The Herald)