Rangers V Motherwell 16/10/2010

postiejim

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the highlights it looks to me that we over commited when we broke and our strikers were too far ahead of the midfield and we ended up having to go too long, didn't win the ball and were caught out of position. To make effectively the same mistake three times in four minutes is unbelievable. All that said from an attacking point of view all four of their goals were excellent.

When defenders stand off and allow players to run at them then invariably it will cost goals.

IMO we do this way too much I'd like to see us closing players down quickly and forcing them to make decisions. Still don't get enough tackles in.

Thats just my opinion though.

When defenders stand off and allow players to run at them then invariably it will cost goals.

IMO we do this way too much I'd like to see us closing players down quickly and forcing them to make decisions. Still don't get enough tackles in.

Seconded. Its not just our defence though - our central midfield sits far too deep at times and retreats into the penalty box. Even the full backs withdraw inside. I noticed against St Mirren that at one point we had all 11 players well inside our own box. i like to see us putting in tackles well outside of our own box.

Forgot to mention, saw no mention in the press today of the stadium wide rendition of the billy boys when they went 3-1 up. To be fair to them I haven't heard that at Ibrox for a few years now, but it was definatley back yesterday.

c***s!

The radio commentary was quick to praise them as "Glasgow Rangers Champions" rang round Ibrox - strangely silent when the non-football songs were being belted out though.

Same at Tannadice yesterday, not one minute gone and the IRA songs were in full evidence.

:evilgrin:

See folk that throw coins get them pointed out whenever possible they are fucking idiots. Av been hit/nearly hit by coins being thrown a few times at the football and it's a fucking disgrace,canny imagine how angry i'd be if i was there and any young kid etc with me got hit.The police and stewards just don't take it seriously enough in my opinion. Been hit with coins before at parkhead and in the govan at ibrox from a few teams. Goes on a lot more than people realise but needs to stop.

The radio commentary was quick to praise them as "Glasgow Rangers Champions" rang round Ibrox - strangely silent when the non-football songs were being belted out though.

Same at Tannadice yesterday, not one minute gone and the IRA songs were in full evidence.

:evilgrin:

The answer is simple - it's water cannons firing silage.

Sing football songs - you're sound as a pound.

Give us yer sectarian pish and you'll stink (more than you currently do) of 'cow's arse' for a month.

Give us yer sectarian pish and you'll stink (more than you currently do) of 'cow's arse' for a month.

Now I might even pay to see that myself. :evilgrin::woop::lol:

Dock 3 points and a fine for the club every time they 'entertain' the nation with that shite.

A fine every time they 'entertain' Europe with their songs.

The clubs themselves don't help when they actually play songs over the PA that they know fine well are bastardised to include sectarian lyrics.......

See folk that throw coins get them pointed out whenever possible they are fucking idiots. Av been hit/nearly hit by coins being thrown a few times at the football and it's a fucking disgrace,canny imagine how angry i'd be if i was there and any young kid etc with me got hit.The police and stewards just don't take it seriously enough in my opinion. Been hit with coins before at parkhead and in the govan at ibrox from a few teams. Goes on a lot more than people realise but needs to stop.

The problem is that the stewards need 2 people to see it so any charge could hold in a court. Same with the sectarianism and racism else if you goto the punter then it is deneyed straight away.

That was my first taste of a Motherwell game in The Pub, not getting the feed up and running till just before our goal was a bit disappointing, the feed stopping just as Murphy was about o cross for Blackman's goal was as bad, especially when the score came up on Sky Sports News before we saw it. Not great coverage but excellent atmosphere.