Rangers V Motherwell 16/10/2010

postiejim

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just in from a few post match beers

i thought we played very well in the first half, kept possession well, good passing and movement, very patient play. sometimes motherwell play better football away from home as they don't have the home fans baying for them to get the ball up the park.

absolutely cracking goal, great break and move down the left, good ball in and a stroming header down and up into the roof of the net.

really hoped we would then get to 60 mins a goal up. smith must have given them a rocket at half time as they came out a different team and romped through our defence at ease.

and we just couldn't stop them, could have been a lot more for rangers.

thought jennings was good in the first half, humphreys looked semi dangerous although should have hit the byline more. craigan looked sluggish and sutton was even slower. can't play him in midfield with such a lack of pace.

So far over on P&B we're accused of anti-football and parking the bus ! Oh and several instances where an "h" is placed after the first letter of each word to imply som ekind of celtic connection, they really are a bunch of sad retards. Taking the bait like salmon though :lol::D

So far over on P&B we're accused of anti-football and parking the bus ! Oh and several instances where an "h" is placed after the first letter of each word to imply som ekind of celtic connection, they really are a bunch of sad retards. Taking the bait like salmon though :lol::D

is it rangers fans accusing us of parkin the bus and being anti football mate if it is you can only laugh :D

we clearly didn't come out in the second half thinking we could win the game. two of the hu.n goals looked maybe offside but we bottled it.

the serious business starts next week. if we can take 5 points from the next 3 league games and get through in the cup then we'll be on course for a cracking season. today was probably the least important game of the season, hopefully the positives add a bit of confidence and the bad parts are forgotten.

it was a good support and good atmosphere in the well end today. the polis and stewards seemed to have the right attitude, a million times better than at parkheid and probably better than we get at fir park.

Agreed

Realistically, you start each season chasing third. We are still third.

Spot On.

look we're all unhappy after that turnaround after thinking we would win the game but let's put it into perspective this is a Rangers side who have won every game this season except the game at old trafford which finished an excellent 0-0 draw.

Craig Brown got his tactics spot on but the problem? Rangers are a team good enough to play in the champions league these days with players we couldn't dream of having at fir park just now.

who just don't seem to let down their manager.

they get slated so often but they've won 2 titles in a row,picked up 4 points in this years champions league and have a record this season that reads (ALL competitions including champions league played 11 won 10 drawn 1 lost 0 and in my opinion Mcgregor,Bougherra Davis Weiss,Naismith,Jelavic and Kenny Miller could all excel in the English premier league while I fear we might struggle in the championship :lol: all be it two of them didn't feature today.

So let's not overreact just get behind the team and worry about the next game it's a decent start to the season,Iremember in july when many well fans thought they would be happy just to avoid relagation and yet we're in with a realistic chance of third when you consider how tight the table is outside the old-firm.

Oh dear I remember a similar performance cost Jim Gannon his jotters.

Howsabout we accept Rangers have ten times our income and are likely to hit us hard most times we play them. But on those occasions where we take something let's celebrate them for the unlikely occurences that they really are.

I was sat in the h*n end, sitting on my hands pishing myself for the first half, made better because I stuck money on the Black man to score the first goal.

Then we got ripped a new one. To be honest we didnt really do much wrong in the second half, Rangers markedly upped their performance. Davis's goal was an absolute belter and Wiess was a very good goal too. Sickening the way it happened but they are the champions, playing at home so you have to expect them to throw everything at you. At the end of the day even a point would have been a bonus away at Ibrox. Im not too disheartned. We played good stuff and even at 2-1 down we were still on the front foot looking to go at them. Playing like that against the non Old Firm teams we will have a good season.

:lol: Hardly, just hoping we keep our sense of realism a bit more than we did last season. Mon the Broon

Very true Matt.

watched the stream yesterday and we were value for money all the way until that inexplicable arse collapse. R*****s took advantage when the seen a chink in the armour after sneaking that goal straigh after the restart.

2-1, 4-1, 6-1 disnae matter - sometimes it works and we get can sneak a draw - and these occasions should be celebrated as massive acievements - when it doesny work it can result in a hammering simple as that.

We shouldn't get hung up on it - it wasn't a 'disgrace' and I didn't think the drubbing last season was a 'disgrace' either.

We went there and tried to do the fuckers - that will always do for me. For 45 mins we looked absolutely in control of proceedings. Well done lads!

Bring on Utd.

2-1, 4-1, 6-1 disnae matter

it wasn't a 'disgrace' and I didn't think the drubbing last season was a 'disgrace' either.

Sorry I have to disagree, it does matter. To go from making them look like a very ordinary team in the first half to making ourselves like a wee diddy team in awe of the mighty Rangers makes me pig sick.

Opportunities to win at Ibrox are few and far between and yesterday was most definitely one of them. We did all the hard work and like always let ourselves down badly. I'm not saying Rangers don't deserve credit for coming back at us but the ease with which they steam rollered us is incredibly frustrating. If we had held out for even ten minutes into the second half you can bet the crowd would have been right on their backs and you never know what could have happened. Even if they still ended up winning at least it would have felt like we made them work for it!

I don't think the performance overall was a disgrace, far from it, but the way we seem to roll over when the big boys get up a bit of momentum against us is more than a tad worrying.

Ach I'm just disappointed is all, I thought yesterday was gonna be a good day!

Sorry I have to disagree, it does matter. To go from making them look like a very ordinary team in the first half to making ourselves like a wee diddy team in awe of the mighty Rangers makes me pig sick.

Opportunities to win at Ibrox are few and far between and yesterday was most definitely one of them. We did all the hard work and like always let ourselves down badly. I'm not saying Rangers don't deserve credit for coming back at us but the ease with which they steam rollered us is incredibly frustrating. If we had held out for even ten minutes into the second half you can bet the crowd would have been right on their backs and you never know what could have happened. Even if they still ended up winning at least it would have felt like we made them work for it!

I don't think the performance overall was a disgrace, far from it, but the way we seem to roll over when the big boys get up a bit of momentum against us is more than a tad worrying.

Ach I'm just disappointed is all, I thought yesterday was gonna be a good day!

I'd agree with that - However this shows that you totally agree with what I said really. You just wanted to vent a bit more. :lol:

Forgot to mention, saw no mention in the press today of the stadium wide rendition of the billy boys when they went 3-1 up. To be fair to them I haven't heard that at Ibrox for a few years now, but it was definatley back yesterday.

c***s!

it was quite funny though, there was a fair bit of mumbling around the bad bits. i don't understand why they didn't just rewrite without the bigotry, they used to make some noise when the full south stand was booming out the "hello, hello" bit.

i don't think our players handled the atmosphere every well when the 3 goals flew in, it was noisy as fuck for about 5 minutes and we seemed rattled by it. the hu.ns are a bunch of front running cretins though, they don't make a peep for most of the match then when they get a few goals they jump about like spazzies.

I've always said Rangers and Celtic are very easy teams to support for their 'fans'. 90% of the time things are going like a dream. It is during the other 10% that they show their true colours. Cannae take defeat and it is tantrum time if they look like they will drop any points. I mean a mass exidus on 80 minutes when your team is 4-1 up aftet being 1-0 down at halftime speaks volumes about them.

I genuinely believe that for a good percentage supporting either half of the OF it is the only 'glory' they have in their lives.

I want/like Motherwell to win every match they play, and while it's always great to get one over on the Auld Firm, in the current grand scheme of things a league defeat at Ibrox in mid October doesn't really matter. Most SPL teams will leave Ibrox with nothing this season, and I'd rather we take something from our bread and butter games .... which we are currently doing, and rather well.

It's done and dusted, we're still 3rd in the table and with a positive goal difference, so lets dust ourselves down and move on.

Mon the Well :lol: