Next 5 Games

postiejim

Alright yesterdays match is now history so looking at the fixture list we have five games coming up that are going to set us up nicely if we do well in them .Three of our next four league games are at home Dundee Unt and Hamilton at home then were away to Inverness then home again [midweek fixture] to St Johnstone ,we also have our cup game against Dundee United again at firpark to look forward to. They are all win-able I suppose, but can we do it .

These are the teams we MUST take points from if we are seriuosly going to stay in the european places .

7 or 8 points from 12 is what I would be looking to take as a minimum out of these fixtures , although 12 would be even better !

I know several posters on here are totally un-fussed about the league cup , but I would disagree , and say that a wee jaunt to Hampden gives the whole club a massive lift .

Utd are definetly beatable , especially at FP , really looking forward to the next few weeks , bring it on !

Five wins is unlikely imo. Dun Utd are still a good team and I don't see us beating them twice. I'd take a draw on Saturday then a win in the Cup. Everyone will have their own ideas but a win on Saturday guarantees us three points and keeps a hold of 3rd for the time being. A win on Tuesday guarantees us a Cup Semi Final in January/February, something to look forward to after Xmas and the New Year, and a great chance of a game at Hampden. Although I would prefer Falkirk at Tynecastle!!

Beat Accies and St Johnstone at home and a draw in Inverness and that, imo, would be a fine set of results.

Five wins is unlikely imo. Dun Utd are still a good team and I don't see us beating them twice. I'd take a draw on Saturday then a win in the Cup. Everyone will have their own ideas but a win on Saturday guarantees us three points and keeps a hold of 3rd for the time being. A win on Tuesday guarantees us a Cup Semi Final in January/February, something to look forward to after Xmas and the New Year, and a great chance of a game at Hampden. Although I would prefer Falkirk at Tynecastle!!

Beat Accies and St Johnstone at home and a draw in Inverness and that, imo, would be a fine set of results.

I'd agree with that.

Five wins would be nice. 3rd place wrapped up and a trip to Hampden.

Don't think it would be possible to say that 3rd place was wrapped up before Christmas. One thing you should've learnt from Saturday is that there are 2 halfs to everything.

Billy Reid at the game last night. To be fair a lot if SPL clubs were represented at the game last night. My major concern for Saturday is the injuries to Murphy and Lasley. Hopefully won't keep them out for long. Fatigue will also hopefully not be an issue. Guys looked shattered at the end last night. Very winnable game on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...