Well V Ddee Utd (x2)

Welldaft Mk1

Invariably the Q is when it come to double headers in cup and league.......if you could win one which one would you take.

Watched the United v Celtic game today and as much as the result was the right outcome DDee Utd put a lot into the game and held there own in periods of the match. They are capable of off days but have a strong solid team....a team which we have historically struggled with, with lots of height (Daly + Kenneth) and strength (Goodwillie, Gomis and Conway).

You can almost write the script next Saturday. We will start brightly and SHOULD be 3 or 4 goals to the good except it is either 0-0 or 1-0. DDee will come back into it in second half . This has happened in almost every home game this season and yesterday by the sounds of it. Games last 90 mins not 45.........

2 tough games ahead - would love to win them both. However I suspect we may win one and lose one. I would opt for the league and 3 points over a probable spanking at Hampden by either half of the bigots.

Discuss :lol:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

................Watched the United v Celtic game today..............

You didn't watch the Warriors game ? :P

A cup run is always nice to have, and a good league placing presents all sorts of Euro possibilities. A league defeat can be recovered, especially when it occurs in Oct, while a cup defeat is final.

As for an answer ? Don't have one, sorry :lol:

I am looking forward to Sat match, i feel we are more than capable of winning both matches, although last week was an eye opener, we more than matched them for long periods in the first half, if we can carry that forward to Dundee Utd, there is a good chance of 3 points and a trip to the next round in the Cup, the defence would of learnt some valuable lessons from last week on the training field, still feel the lads will be full of confidence. Prediction would be 3 - 1 The well.

Must back Murphy, Hateley, Humphrey for the goals.

Think positive.

No hat-trick for Humphrey? .... did he stand you up last week under the clock in Central Station, you standing there in your high-vis vest with a rose in the lapel. :angry:

Saturday - Draw, 2-2 - Penalty so Hateley and Gow

Wednesday - We'll just edge it after ET. Sutton getting the winner coming off the bench.

A potential European adventure four years on the trot or the chance of a game or two at Hampden...

I'd much prefer the three points personally.

Will gladly miss out on Hampden until May.

Actual bored of Europe. We won't get a better chance of progressing than that time in the summer there. That is it I'm afraid so I would much rather take our chances in a cup we have a shot at actually winning and have a few good days out to Hampden than choose points for more Euro games against European nobodies.

But it isn't a choice though.. :D

Actual bored of Europe. We won't get a better chance of progressing than that time in the summer there. That is it I'm afraid so I would much rather take our chances in a cup we have a shot at actually winning and have a few good days out to Hampden than choose points for more Euro games against European nobodies.

But it isn't a choice though.. :D

Agreed.

But it isn't a choice though.. ^_^

But we've progressed further each year we've been in it. and If we can enter at that early stage again this season , We'll do better.

But it isn't a choice though.. ^_^

Seriously?

Well that is one comment I never, ever thought I'd ever hear from a Motherwell fan.

I know it isn't a choice but i'd rather win both ^_^

and as for the fan saying he's bored of europe its motherwell football club we'e talking about here not one of the bigots, we have been lucky enough to see our team in europe the past 3 years in a row

Saturday 2-0 welll blackman and murphy

Tuesday: 1-1 blackman for us and well on pens ;)

We will win neither and it will be a mirror image of last season's double header against St.Mirren at exactly the same stage. We'll probably play pish and get a draw tomorrow before playing even worse on Tuesday night resulting in yet another dismal Fir Park cup showing.

We will win neither and it will be a mirror image of last season's double header against St.Mirren at exactly the same stage. We'll probably play pish and get a draw tomorrow before playing even worse on Tuesday night resulting in yet another dismal Fir Park cup showing.

Good to have you back mate!

Still chuckling at MJC'S post. ;) . He might not be far off mind you. We haven't really been playing all that well recently and i cant see us winning both of these games. A draw on sat and any kond of win on tuesday and i'll be delighted. But knowing Motherwell..... :lol:

But it isn't a choice though.. :lol:

100% agree...

Europe definitely has its advantages for the club. The chance to generate extra income and some incentive for potential new players to come on board. I'm sure it also has a positive effect on player development - it's always good to play against different styles.

The domestic fixtures, however, are our bread and butter and having seen us pick up the Scottish Cup already, I'd wouldn't mind seeing us pick up the League Cup too :lol:

Actual bored of Europe.

You're entitled to your view but I just don't get it Juan. Generations of Well fans no longer with us would have cut off their right arm for a chance to compete in Europe.

I suppose though, familiarity does breed contempt. Even followers of the big boys get bored - there's only so much excitement that can be gotten from winning the SPL, EPL or the Champions League frequently. Much of the decline in EPL attendances is due not just to money but to boredom - the novelty is wearing a bit thin.

I can sympathise a bit though I suppose. I was never a great fan of the EPL but for some time now I've groaned when Man Utd V Chelsea or Arsenal blights our screens. Same old same old.