Well V Ddee Utd (x2)

Welldaft Mk1

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought that was a great win and thoroughly deserved. I can't believe people thought Gow was poor and disappointing to hear him taking abuse!! I thought him and Blackman were excellent together and worked well. Sure it didn't always come off for Gow but you can see he is a very clever player. Murphy played very well too and although we definately missed Lasley initially, I thought Hateley settled in superbly, got stuck in and contributed postively to the result. Which I was a bit surprised at, albeit pleasantly! Just a pity we couldn't have taken a few more of our chances and really get it up them. (Although I don't really have anything agsinst Utd)

Getting Blackman and Gow signed up till the end of the season must be a priority for us after yesterday, but I'm sure Paw and Archie know that and are on the case.

Regarding the lineman.....that was hilarious and I don't think I've ever seen that before. He made a very poor decision which the entire stadium reacted to and then the East Stand rose like a riled mexican wave as he ran up the line!! Magic! He paused in the one place for a bit too long near where I sit and he was hit with both barrells (and rightly so!) about the corner decision and then turned and snapped at the steward (who was just a young girl) that she shouldn't be letting the crowd shout at him like that! Loads of folk heard him and not surprisingly this just made it worse! I wasn't even really that riled, but what an opportunity to stick it to an official!! It may actually have worked as I remember getting quite a lot of 50/50 calls after that! Whether because he realised that he had made a mistake with the corner, or maybe because he shat it from the east Stand.

Hope we can follow that on to Tuesday as I wasn't impressed with Utd at all.

I'm looking forward to Tuesday night. Sadly, I wasn't at the game yesterday because of work.

Amazed at the varying opinions of Gow. I was looking forward to seeing him in a 'well shirt and hope that we see the best of him before his contracts up.

Would love a win on Tuesday for a wee trip to Hampden...

Come on ye Well!

Thought that was a great win and thoroughly deserved. I can't believe people thought Gow was poor and disappointing to hear him taking abuse!!
I was only listening to commentary yesterday and it sounded like Gow was doing well. Unfortunately, however, it doesn't surprise me that he was taking abuse. As long as I have been going to Fir Park, there has been a fairly significant section of support that has been of the mindset that you need to be box-to-box and tackling like Psycho to be of any value. Guys like McLair and McAllister used to take similar pelters quite regularly.

Yep hope Lasley's fit for tuesday as he and Jennings are fab in midfield and i like Hately at right back and the excellent Stevie Hammell(are you watching Craig Levein)at left back supporting Gow Humpries and Blackman. Yes this could be a fab season for us. :rolleyes: . Im gonna do a rendition of the Hills are alive now. :lol: .

Jamie Murphy had the ball in the utd box surrounded by four utd defenders and gow was just standing 20 yards away making no effort to help,after that he seemed to get a bit of stick but maybe if there was a little atmosphere in the ground you woudn't hear the odd shout.

A good fighting team prformance and a win against a team we are known to struggle against and some folk on here still want to slag off our own team.

Lasley going off was a big change for the team as he was playing with enthusiasm and skill.

Gow did well to hold the ball up and find space when left up front on his own.

Humphrey is electric and his crossing is improving but decision making could be better.

Murphy can hold the ball and beat men well

Everyone gave 100% IMO and a repeat on Tuesday would be welcome

MON THE 'WELL

Great result all round, Lasley showed how much of a contribution he was making when he left the park. It took us ages to get back into the game after that, however we should have been 3-0 up by the time of his foul if we had more ruthless finishing.

Jamie Murphy again looked a world beater in the first half and went on an around the world trip in the 2nd.

Blackman really impressed too and his strong powerful runs were contrasted with neat footwork which was highlighted when he left Kenneth/Dillon looking like a schoolboy.

Let's not forget the track record of a certain Lukas Jutkiewicz when we look at Gow, yes he looked lethargic in places and made the wrong decisions with respect to passing or retaining the ball a few times however that will come with time. The things that you don't get over time is touch and skill, both of which I seen glimpses of yesterday. I live in hope that by the end of November he will be as highly regarded.

Humphrey, again his pace was such a factor, should be encouraged to test the keeper more often from 20+ yards. Crossing still needs work, inclined to go for Hateley on corners but understand his pace is required if there is a counter attack. For the second time at FP this season I witnessed him looking goosed from 65 minutes onward, first noticed it when he was holding his head during a Utd corner or throw deep in our half. After that he jogged gingerly, he looked in pain and a number of people around me were calling on Brown to sub him.

Jennings had a tough job and played against probably the 3rd best midfield in the league. Did well considering.

Craigan's penalty, what was he thinking, other than that he covered for Reynolds when he made a few dodgy decisions and mistimed attempts.

I'm in a minority now but I still believe that I witnessed Hateley playing at his best in midfield. Granted this was under Gannon under a different philosophy, tactics and formation. We may need him in midfield next season if Jennings goes because there is nobody else in the squad that can step into a central midfield role.

Yep hope Lasley's fit for tuesday as he and Jennings are fab in midfield and i like Hately at right back and the excellent Stevie Hammell(are you watching Craig Levein)at left back supporting Gow Humpries and Blackman. Yes this could be a fab season for us. :huh: . Im gonna do a rendition of the Hills are alive now. :O .

Saying "fab" is gay. That is all.

I would doubt if Keith Lasley will be fit, although I hope so. In my view he was having his best game of the season to date. Up until now he has been lasting for the first halves and then seems to drop out of games in the second halves. Maybe he's not 100% fit or is carrying an injury?

Tom Hately in my view is better in midfield and I thought he was one of our best performers yesterday.

Tom Hately in my view is better in midfield and I thought he was one of our best performers yesterday.

Got to disagree with that. He played much better in the first half at right back before he went into midfield, IMO.

By the time he got to the tunnel he was walking fine. His substitution was definitely a precautionary measure.

More concerned with Humphrey, that's two games now where he has been labouring with 30 minutes to go and Brown hasn't hooked him, not as if we were short of cover on the bench.

Got to disagree with that. He played much better in the first half at right back before he went into midfield, IMO.

Indeed. As much as I rate Saunders I always have a bit more confidence about the team when Hateley is at RB and not CM. Hateley-Craigan-Saunders-Hammell first choice back four imo when the inevitable happens.

Brown said after the game he should be okay for Tuesday, they took him off at the first sight of any problem....

Cracking news.

By the time he got to the tunnel he was walking fine. His substitution was definitely a precautionary measure.

More concerned with Humphrey, that's two games now where he has been labouring with 30 minutes to go and Brown hasn't hooked him, not as if we were short of cover on the bench.

humphrey covers a massive amount of ground over the course of a game, sprinting that fast is going to take it out you. i think he also has a problem with leg cramps as he walks with a limp quite a lot and i've him cutting about in compression tights quite a few times.

i was quite frustrated with gow, his first touch was outstanding but he squandered possesion quite a lot. he needs to be told to look after the ball more.

it was a superb result and performance, we just need to make it a double on tuesday now as having a semi final to look forward to will give everyone a boost. as quite a few folk have pointed out the next couple of months are massive opportunity for us to make this a special season.

Humphrey will always looked goosed after 60 minutes, he runs three times faster than everyone else, if you had taken him off after 60 minutes you would of ended up a one one draw. He always shows signs of fatigue, like most others. Even after eighty minutes flat out he will still beat every left back in this league for pace. Let Mr Brown decide when he is knackered, 46% of the votes would suggest your in the minority.

The whole front line worked well, GOW was good, Blackman, was good, Murphy was good, Hateley was good, Jennings was good, Even Lasley before his injury. The team we had Sat was the best we have sent out in weeks, give all the lads credit they gave 100% and if they never showed signs of fatigue thats when you have problems.

On a development point we still lack in our ability to distribute from the back four, leave the defence splitting passes to the midfield Craggs! Craggs is a leader and he commands his back four, not a passer or a creater. Well done Humphrey on man of the match, and do you know what mate, even with sleep deprevation with your new born, you done us all proud on Saturday and me for one will forgive you on looking TIRED.

Let Mr Brown decide when he is knackered, 46% of the votes would suggest your in the minority.

Minority of what? 46% of people thought he was our best player yesterday, there is no link to them also thinking he should remain on the park regardless of his physical condition.

if you had taken him off after 60 minutes you would of ended up a one one draw

Pish. Going on that assumption then leaving Craigan on the bench would have resulted in a 1-0 win. Well were able to score and win games before Humphrey found his purple patch.

Well done Humphrey on man of the match, and do you know what mate, even with sleep deprevation with your new born, you done us all proud on Saturday and me for one will forgive you on looking TIRED.

Seriously, do you want £50 so you can get a room at the Moorings and have your way with him you sycophant?