Well V Ddee Utd (x2)

Welldaft Mk1

humphrey covers a massive amount of ground over the course of a game, sprinting that fast is going to take it out you. i think he also has a problem with leg cramps as he walks with a limp quite a lot and i've him cutting about in compression tights quite a few times.

Well Done Steelboy... i think your right mate, he has suffered in the past from cramps, we never used him enough in the first half, the second half he must of put in at least 5 lung busting runs.

He worked hard, and got his reward, 3 points for the team.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minority of what? 46% of people thought he was our best player yesterday, there is no link to them also thinking he should remain on the park regardless of his physical condition.

Pish. Going on that assumption then leaving Craigan on the bench would have resulted in a 1-0 win. Well were able to score and win games before Humphrey found his purple patch.

I am really not sure what you want from this lad, if he plays well you look at his negatives, its really unbelievable, you were prob jumping just as high as all the rest of us when he crossed for the winner..... If you had your way he would of already been in the bloody shower. Give the lad a break, if i needed to put money on anyone finding fault with his performance i would of secured my money by now. Ladywelltoi sometimes your wrong, but agreed he looked fatigued but no more than anyone else did.

Four or Five man Of the match performances, and still he cant cross, cant shoot, cant last more than 60mins, cant tackle, cant head, cant pass, has no technique. Come on LADYWELL. Have a look at the clues. Oh and by the way he Cant be Scottish either, so that rules out any chance of him ever playing for Scotland, but i tell you what when he does you will be the first person i call! But of course he is not good enough for Scotland is he..........

Just watched the BBC highlights. Commentator (sorry don't know his name) stated matter of factly that scouts were at the game to watch Murphy. Just as well he signed that 3 year deal in the summer. If you want him it is going to cost ye! :lol:

the same highlights that couldn't even have the right crests ? :lol:5112031674_e7f8ea113f.jpg

I thought Alan Clarkson Jutkiewicz Fitzpatrick Moutaouakil Forbes . . . sorry Gow had some nice touches and will improve with a run in the team.

Coulny believe my eyes at the penalty incident and it actually looks crazier in the highlights. What the fuck happened in the big yon's heid at that moment? :lol:

Over the 90 minutes we were the more comfortable. Apart from Daly’s excellent bicycle kick and the ‘nalty they didn’t have a decent attempt at goal. We on the other hand must have got well into double figures in terms of chances.

I though Blackman and Humphrey were superb throughout the whole game and gave their defence all sorts of problems. One thing about Humphrey is I feel his corners are a bit hit and miss. I would prefer to see Hateley deliver the corners as I feel he is much more dangerous.

Murphy and Gow I felt worked well up front and Gow just seemed to be trying too hard. He had some excellent touches and I think once he gets a bit of match sharpness back he will be a great player for us. Think about it this way he has not had 90 minutes of game time for us yet, but has had a hand in three of our goals. Not bad at all.

If scouts were there to watch Murphey then they will be going back with glowing reports. His movement on the ball is sometimes stunning.

Defence-wise – apart from the from the usual lapses in concentration from Reynolds and the usual howler from Craigan we were pretty solid and Hammell has become Mr Consistency. As for the Saunders v Hateley at right back. I would say that Hateley shades it just, but it’s a decent position for us to be in having to good right backs at the club just now.

Oh and Lasley was immense until he went off.

Also remember this is a Dundee Utd side who hadn't lost away (apart from the OF) for 18 months.

But of course he is not good enough for Scotland is he..........

At present no, having blistering pace doesn't guarantee a blue jersey in my eyes. I also tend to advocate that you should have more than a tenuous/removed tie to being available for selection. You have to have other feathers to your footballing bow to be an Internationalist and at present I don't think he has them. I do think in time he will as he has came on leaps and bounds from where he was 6 months ago.

There's not much he can do to improve his pace which is the major part of his game, its inherited and he's won the genetic lottery on that one. His touch, skill and decision making can be learned and worked on and to be fair, the other side to his game has improved over the past few weeks.

Long and short is you don't understand how to conduct a debate, it involves reading what the other person has written, if it doesn't tie in with what you do then don't spit the dummy and type your reply when the red mist sets in. Also it helps if you read things in context, get all the facts before compiling your response. I'm being objective and being even handed, which is different from you seeing no wrong in the guy and fawning over his every move.

You seem oblivious to the fact I do actually rate Humphrey, I wasn't wanting him subbed on Saturday because he was poor, it was because I value him and would prefer to have him play in as many games as possible. Continuing to play when labouring doesn't tend to ensure longevity and consistency in being in the starting eleven. If its a constant/minor cramping problem that comes up all the time in training and is manageable then I understand why Brown kept him on the park as he would have been aware of it in advance.

the same highlights that couldn't even have the right crests ? :)5112031674_e7f8ea113f.jpg

Missed that! :D

Bloody Accies as well! :lol:

I thought Alan Clarkson Jutkiewicz Fitzpatrick Moutaouakil Forbes . . . sorry Gow had some nice touches and will improve with a run in the team.

Coulny believe my eyes at the penalty incident and it actually looks crazier in the highlights. What the fuck happened in the big yon's heid at that moment? :lol:

Coupon oan :P

Same team for me assuming lasley is fit

we haven't won anything for nearly 20 years and I still get nightmares about the last final. We actually have a decent chance at winning this year. Get off your high horses and get up for this.

Mon the 'Well

--------------------Randolph----------------------

Hateley-------Saunders-----Reynolds------Hammell

--------------Jennings------Fitzpatrick------------

Humphrey-------------Gow-------------Murphy

-------------------Blackman-----------------------

Feel that Craigan could do with a rest after 3 poor performances in his last 3 games for club and country. If Lasley isn't 100% fit i wouldn't risk him as the league is far more important than tonights game. I am not a Fitzpatrick fan but am sure he'll do a better job than Forbes.

United are nowhere near the team they were last season as they showed on Saturday and we should beat them again fairly comfortably. 2-0 Murphy and Blackman with the goals.

That's a good call Bingo. Humph for a fair bit of the second half on Saturday could have perhaps done with this game being a day later.

Will be a tough tie, even against a poor United side at the weekend it was tough. Would love another trip to Hampden though and I think we certainly have enough to make it.

2-1 again!

I'd like to see a few carefully considered personnel changes tonight.

There are a few boys that have run themselves ragged in a busy season to date could be doing with a breather.

Not the time to do it imo. If it needs to be done do it against the Accies on Saturday. Bit concerned about tonight. I am sure of the fact that if we do beat them again we will need Extra Time to do it. Just can't see us doing United (who were impressive against Celtic last week) twice in four days.

Motherwell 3 Dun Utd 2 AET.