Maros Klimpl

beesher

If ever I've seen Motherwell crying out for a player, it's this guy. He is an absolute rock and he is a rarity in Scottish football, the ball can drop to him inside our own box and he'll dae a nae bother and chest it down, squaring it kindly to PQ.

I enjoyed myself the day and I think we should make every attempt to secure his services. And by that I mean tell Malcolm his services are no longer required.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye get him on a permanant contract if possible. Since his move to midfield and Craigans return to the defence we have looked solid.

Not sure what his position is with the Danish side, but hopefully we can do somekind of deal. He certainly seems to be enjoying his time at Motherwell from his manner on the pitch.

Not sure what his position is with the Danish side, but hopefully we can do somekind of deal. He certainly seems to be enjoying his time at Motherwell from his manner on the pitch.

From what i remember they were quite keen to push through a permanent deal rather than the loan option.

From what i remember they were quite keen to push through a permanent deal rather than the loan option.

Be nice to sort that deal now just in case he stunning for the next 3 months and then we can't afford him as I'm sure yer Hearts and Hibs will be sniffin around as well - I'd definetly be willing to take the gamble and sign him now!

Again, like the Europe issue, folks need to calm down.

I've only seen Klimpl twice, once he was shakey, the other time he put in a reasonable performance.

It's entirely possible he's played great in all the games I've not seen but let's judge this guy when he's played 20 - 25 games at the end of the season instead of 6 or 7 now.

FC Midtjylland paid £480,000 (£'s not Euros) for him in July 2007 which is a fair whack for a club of that size in that league and it looks like they have him on a minimum 3 year deal with a 2 year extension so I can't see us getting him for nowt and I expect they will be looking for at least £350k to recoup some of that cash.

Strange thing is he has only played on average about 25 games every season, so do they have a very short season out there or is he injury prone?

Well it looks very unlikly that we can afford him on a permanant deal then.

Seems strange that a Danish side would pay so much for a player only to then ship him out on loan.

If he does well for the rest of the season then you would think that they would take him back in a flash.

What I can only assume was a below par Man city were largely played off the park by them home and away, I not sure how Midtjylland contrived to lose that tie. Possibly nerves up against big name opposition at putting them away but certainly for most part held their own very well.

Ha Quality

I'm so glad we have Klimpl at least til summer.

I need yon worshippy smiley

Indeed. From day 1 he had that sort of 'cult' potential I reckoned. Without getting carried away.. but his manner on the park after a win/goal coupled by his take-no-shit attitude and calm fitbaw is always the ingredients for a ledge..

If Mad Maros keeps up his current form then I'd be delighted to keep him here on a permanent deal, but that all depends on the wages he'd want and the fee that his club would demand. They may just want him off the wage bill and would accept a lower fee so who knows.

Fc Midjylland are skint tho, thats the reason they wanted to push thro a deal rather than a loan, They did pay a good amount for him and he is on a good wage, but they are struggling financially and want to get him off the wage bill, that to me sounds like they wont be too hard to deal with, but his wages could be a stumbling block if we go for a permanent deal!