Reynolds Being Lined Up By Bari

Welldel

According to the Express, Bari are lining up a move for Mark with a bid in the region of £250k.

Would be a well deserved move in my opinion and one in the eye for the people here who slate him at every turn.

Would also make him an automatic pick for Scotland.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/206431...or-winter-swoop

this could be a bit of a dilemma for us. if january comes and we're still in the fight for third and in a semi would we want to sell? i'd say no but at the same time you wouldn't want to stand in the way of mark getting this type of move.

i don't think we'd have gotten a draw away to aalesund with hutch/page/saunders playing in place of reynolds so keeping him rather than selling him has already benefited us a bit.

That's always the dilemma, but CB has to ask himself between now and January:

1. Will Hutchison, Page or Saunders (noooo!!) be able to step in and fill his shoes?

or

2. If the deal is being agreed now, can we find a replacement before he goes?

If the answer to either of these questions is yes, take the money and run! Although, in saying that, I always find it hard to picture Scottish players moving abroad so I'll believe it when I see it.

this could be a bit of a dilemma for us. if january comes and we're still in the fight for third and in a semi would we want to sell? i'd say no but at the same time you wouldn't want to stand in the way of mark getting this type of move.

i don't think we'd have gotten a draw away to aalesund with hutch/page/saunders playing in place of reynolds so keeping him rather than selling him has already benefited us a bit.

If we get any sort of semi-respectable offer in January we need to let Marky move on. I think Bari would be a great move for Mark apart from the constant exposure to the Italian sun. Surely if he starts playing regularly in Italy he would be the automatic replacement for Weir in the Scotland squad.

Pity we'll only get peanuts for him.

Definitely, unless PSV or someone else enters a bidding war for him, otherwise the option is punt him or get bugger all. Let's not rule out a pre-contract agreement for a higher weekly wedge, granted Reynolds has stated he wanted to get as much as possible for Well but let's not ignore the lack of morals and greed of an agent.

If the Algerian Salim Lazreg who is listed as a defender that was touted last week is a definite then it would appear that either Page, Hutchison or Saunders will move into Reynolds role come August for good. Hateley may play right back otherwise I can't see him holding down a regular first team start unless Lasley or Jenno are injured.

I'm sure we'll sell himif we get a respectable offer. I think the club has stated in the past that they make it clear to all young players when signing contracts that they won't stand in the way of them furthering their careers as long as we're treated fairly as well. To muck Reynolds about would only discourage other players from committing their futures to us.

Prefer him to go to Bari than down south to the Championship. More Scots should do it. Not sure why keepers and defenders don't look at somewhere like Italy to improve their game, as some of the best coaches are in Italy.

Surely though the key factor there though is that its up the Italian clubs to actually decide if they actually want to sign Scottish players, rather than the players deciding they fancy a bit of a stab at Serie A or B.

But I do agree in principle that there are benefits to be had for Scots fortunate enough to have the opportunity to immerse themselves in a different football environment on the continent.

Aye it does help, but I mean at all ages. I'm sure there are plenty of Serie B (even bigger Serie C) clubs that would take a shopt at lower end SPL/Division 1 players if the players themselves asked their agent to see if there was a possibility of a move.

I think Scottish players take the fancy and see the English leagues as an easy way out of Scotland instead of looking further a field. Hell if Jamie Stevenson can sign a contract with Mallorca on the basis of a few tricks and skills on a beach then I'm sure other players could win some sort of deal.

I guess, like Jamie Stevenson (where is he now?) though it's getting over home sickness I guess too.

The only Scottish players i know playing in mainland Europe is Ikechi Anya of Celta Vigo

But he played in the lower leagues of England then went to the glenn hoddle academy, it's seemed to work wonders for him i just wish more Scottish players would take the gamble it will help improve their game.

I hope Mark gets his move, he deserves it

The talk of homesickness is laugable imo. These players should get with the real World and stop being fuckin' wee wummin, it's not as if they are doing it for free. The lack of ambition from Scottish players in terms of moving abroad to improve as players and improve their lifestyles is my biggest bug bear of the modern Scottish footballer. They are too worried they might miss the "stardom" in Faith in Edinburgh, Fat Sams in Dundee, Five in Aberdeen or Bamboo in Glasgow that they get from scutters.

The talk of homesickness is laugable imo. These players should get with the real World and stop being fuckin' wee wummin, it's not as if they are doing it for free. The lack of ambition from Scottish players in terms of moving abroad to improve as players and improve their lifestyles is my biggest bug bear of the modern Scottish footballer.
You and me both. The past few years it has been embarrassing to see some players unable to settle even in England. With one or two exceptions, there are far too many that are just happy to make a comfortable living and unwilling to take the next step in their careers to improve themselves. Look what Paul Lambert achieved when he went to Germany. Not only did it raise his game technically, he came back with a Champions League Winner's Medal.