Flag

chrissypmfc

It's becoming beyond a joke in the East Stand now. I tried to take the "Welcome to Motherwell" flag in last week and the stewards without giving any reason said it wasnt allowed but only for this game. Against United in the cup they were taking flags of young lads in the East Stand with 10 minutes to go. Ridiculous.

Dont know what instructions the East stand stewards had on Tuesday night but i saw them confiscating the beach ball FFS !!! :wallbash: Since the club outsourced the stewarding we seem to have nothing but Jobsworth fuds on duty. I have E-mailed fir Park about them, particularly after the Celtic league game, but i am still waiting for a reply :( .

Maybe we should be raising a complaint to the supporters trust and let them raise it with the club :doh:

Very interesting bit on the podcast there Andrew.

Flags are banned because of smokebombs basically; I can see the reasoning behind this but the club really should put a timeline on this. Since the statement on official website telling fans not to bring smoke bombs I dont believe there have been any? The club say its based on trust but how long does this have to go on for?

It is all about the smoke bombs being let off under the flags. That is it. Unfortunately SPL and SFA the Police have all been putting pressure on Motherwell to do something about the smoke bombs so to keep these people off the clubs back and the fans back they have band flags. Don't bring smoke bombs and the flags will be allowed back. I am sure the last thing the club want to do is to drive people away from Fir Park. Far from it. The more people that come to watch Motherwell the better the atmosphere will be.

Not one of the smoke bombs that was let off was let off under a flag. Not one.

Valid point. May I also add that there have been smoke bombs let off at Dundee United v Aberdeen, Aberdeen v Rangers, the recent Old Firm derby and many more games throughout Scotland this year. Not for one minute am I condoning the use of the smoke bombs as I know it is against stadium rules but clearly Motherwell are being victimised and it is punishing the innocent supporters who have not let of the smoke bombs. The smoke bomb issue seems to have been addressed, since the statement there have been none so what has this honestly got to do with flags?

Ok so the person or people who let them off did it in full few of the stewards cctv and the rest of the Well fans. Any way that is not the point. It seems that Motherwell have been made to do something about it. The flags being banned is probably just to show the SPl, SFA and the Police we have addressed the smokebomb issue. I would let flags back in for our next home game.

Ok so the person or people who let them off did it in full few of the stewards cctv and the rest of the Well fans. Any way that is not the point. It seems that Motherwell have been made to do something about it. The flags being banned is probably just to show the SPl, SFA and the Police we have addressed the smokebomb issue. I would let flags back in for our next home game.

Well no, searching fansas they come in was addressing the smoke bombs. Banning flags is addressing an issue regarding flags. However there did seem to be a couple flags in the Cooper on Saturday, the pre printed sort not hand made efforts.