Well V Accies

Kmcalpin

Just been quoted on Sportscene Results :O but Kenny Clark says sour grapes Ricky :doh:

Kenny Clark has suddenly becoming the great judge of all he surveys. Would not be surprised to see him pull up a chair alongside Simon Cowell in the X Factor tonight in between his analysis of the paddy-bas on Strictly.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt about that mate.

But, why do we not play players to their strenghts.

Sutton - up front

Gow - just behind the front players (l.h.s.)

Hard enough with a small squad and injuries, but, the formation never sounded like working and we never rejiged the formation with the substitutions.

Exactly...Paw broon has spent weeks playing Sutton in midfield.

Today playing a against a pub side, who all week have told the press, they were "Going to get in our faces" he plays Gow up front (Who has got as much threat in the air as a marmite twiglett but a nice touch with the ball at his feet)

It was crying out for Sutton to start (all being he did feck all once he came on), and some body with a bit of creativity in midfield(Gow)

Thomson today was a disgrace today no wonder our refs get a hard time:Time wasting/stealing 10 yards at throw ins etc etc went un punished.As for the penalty why no card ? Bad enough no red????????But why no yellow?????? Was it not a goal scoring opportunity?????

Again what the f@ck do we do at training all week ???? Delivery at corners/variation was shocking !!!!!

Why do we have to have the whole team in our own box when the opponents have a corner/free kick :doh::O:dash2:

Rant over

Gutted by the performance today, so here goes:-

1)Tom Hately - will never be a centre midfielder in a million years! So much better at right back. Pathetic attempt at a penalty kick. High time the centre forward started hitting these!

2)Saunders - disappointed with his slackness especially in the first half

3)Forbes - simply not go it

4) Lasley - badly missed!

5) Murphy - missed his pace and directness

6) Humphrey - Another good performance (really coming on!)

7) Blackman - A little too greedy on the ball but tried very hard.

:doh: Blackman and Gow - Really struggle to get on the end of cross balls with their head. Felt that if Gow powered the one header he won rather then knocked it down it would have went in.

9) The Team - Really struggling to score goals!!!!!!!!

Got to say it was a particularly bad performance from us, and we have have little to complain about, having missed the penalty, a chance to get back in the game and shape it in the time left.

Accies were shocking, but I've no doubt they played exactly as they were told, and we struggled to do anything constructive against them - give Hasselbank his due though, he took his goal well. As for their time wasting, it's frustrating as hell, but be honest, in their position, I'd do exactly the same. as the ref wasn't interested in moving the game on or nipping it in the bud :doh:

Gonna chill with a couple of beers and forget it ever happened :O

MON RA DOSSERS

It gives me no pleasure to say I correctly predicted the scores a few pages back but that was easily the worst performance and certainly the worst result of the season so far.

How much we missed Murphy and Lasley was very telling but the players we have should still be enough to beat a team that had only won 1 game in the previous 9, at home n'aw!!! We could've played all night and still not scored as our ability to play short crisp passing was (and frequently is) non existant! We played right into Accies centre halves hands by constantly punting long aimless balls down the middle and didn't even remotely match Accies in the effort and desire stakes.

Hateleys penalty was fucking pathetic. Possibly worse than the two that Jim Hamilton took and missed a few years back. I really want to get stuck into him for that penalty miss as it almost certainly cost us at least the point and the whole momentum of the game would've shifted. That said, like Forbes, I never want to see him hit another penalty again. However better players than Hateley have missed penalties but our conversion rate in the last couple of seasons is fucking appalling. At least when Richie Foran or Ged Brannan stepped up you could bank on a goal!!

Accies didn't even try to score after they did. Their time wasting, diving, moaning and man handling throughout was embarrassing. They used every trick, and by trick I mean cheat, and the ref let them away with it. The ref didn't punish them for their timewasting and should've sent off their man for the penalty. I'd like to think that Broon in jest will announce he is writing to the SFA for clarification over that decision!

I hope Broon and Knox boot their baws this week at that wasn't even nearly good enough. Not even fucking close.

Disgraceful performance, probably the worst we've seen under Brown. From the first kick of the ball you could sense it was going to be a bad day. Accies looked a lot hungrier in the first 15 minutes until they got their goal then just parked the bus for the remainder of the match. They're a bunch of cheating time wasting c***s, Canning especially for being hit by the ball on the chest towards the end then goes down holding his face, knob.

Hateleys penalty was dire, Forbes was pathetic as usual and Gow is a complete waste of space on that showing offered absolutely fuck all. Showed some decent touches against United last Saturday but his last 2 outings have been woeful, get him to fuck in January. Why did Brown not change it earlier? Forbes and Gow should of been hooked at half time.

That has to be one of the most frustrating performances in recent season.

Accies are dirty timewasting bastards and yet another inept performance from an official. How Cerny and the guy(if someone knows the name please do tell) who gave away the penalty got away without a yellow card today I'll never know. McLaughlin aswell, took at least 30-40 seconds to take a throw in for fuck sake. I'm positive we were denied a stonewall penalty in the second half from a Gow header-although he shouldve buried it-anybody else think so? Even at that the linesman was in perfect position to see it!

But all in all you cant even blame them for the shite we served today. Corners, free kicks, even a fuckin penalty and we couldnt do a thing with them. Accies were shite but fair play to Hasselbaink who scored a peach of a goal. I'll probably get slagged here but I thought Forbes shouldve hit the penalty. When he picked up the ball I said he should take it, knowing our luck he wouldve missed it aswell.

It was definately one of those days when you have to bite the bullet and try to move on. Its a hard one to take though.

Roll on New Year and show these bastards who the true Pride of Lanarkshire is.

CMON THE WELL!!!

bad results are never far away when you support the 'well. But when you hear Craigan say there is no feeling of edge in the club about an up comming derby game, then is it any suprise that our players failed to turn up today. It would seem Hamilton were up for it, but we were not! The mentality is all wrong, and especially for a derby game. Don't we use the sports psychologist any more? As it's only confidence that seperates all teams outwith the old firm.

It seems our teams approach and setup is not suited for home games, where we are expected to take the game to the opposition.

As for penalties, it takes bottle to take one, and even more bottle to step up and take another once you've missed previously. The guys just need to practice and practice on ALL there set pieces.

We wern't that bad today. Problem was we do well against teams who let us play football. Accies don't let teams play. Forbes never had a bad game, too good for his own good I'd say. Ambitious balls that team mates don't quite read are frustrating but if they'd come off we'd all b wanking over them. Also Gow is not a centre forward and pinging long balls at him oly serve to get the idiots on here annoyed.

We wern't that bad today. Problem was we do well against teams who let us play football. Accies don't let teams play. Forbes never had a bad game, too good for his own good I'd say. Ambitious balls that team mates don't quite read are frustrating but if they'd come off we'd all b wanking over them. Also Gow is not a centre forward and pinging long balls at him oly serve to get the idiots on here annoyed.

Are you for real? it was crap and we were devoid of ideas on how to break down their well organised defence.I find it amazing how you can watch an inept performance like that and use it to call people idiots for being frustrated at losing a derby match in that manner.

Didn't make it to the game today so I can't say much (well, anything!) about the match but I suspected the midweek game would take its toll on the players.

Usually when there is a 'high' a 'low' follows immediately after but if we were to win two of the last three games this is the one I would have chosen to lose.

Cannae be bothered analysing that. SHITE referee ruined an already SHITE game. Can't believe we pay money to watch a team of hackers shove us off the ball, get a cheap goal and cheat their way through the next 70 minutes as we punt ball after ball upfield. About a quarter of the game must've been spent watching Thomas Cerny take goal kicks, absolutely raging at the performance today (motherwell and the referee). Still third though so not all bad.

Are you for real? it was crap and we were devoid of ideas on how to break down their well organised defence.I find it amazing how you can watch an inept performance like that and use it to call people idiots for being frustrated at losing a derby match in that manner.

+1

Cannae be bothered analysing that. SHITE referee ruined an already SHITE game. Can't believe we pay money to watch a team of hackers shove us off the ball, get a cheap goal and cheat their way through the next 70 minutes as we punt ball after ball upfield. About a quarter of the game must've been spent watching Thomas Cerny take goal kicks, absolutely raging at the performance today (motherwell and the referee). Still third though so not all bad.

Probably not by this time tomorrow though.

Can't see Killie taking anything at Tynecastle, so think we'll be pumped into 4th.

Probably not by this time tomorrow though.

Can't see Killie taking anything at Tynecastle, so think we'll be pumped into 4th.

With it all to play for against Caley Thistle next week. And with a performance like today we'll lose heavily.

.................... But when you hear Craigan say there is no feeling of edge in the club about an up comming derby game..................

Playing Accies has, for me, never had the edge of a Derby game. For them it may be different as we are the big boys of Lanarkshire, but they are and have always been, mickey-mouse IMHO.

What they bring to FP today ? 300 at a push ! They are a 2nd Div outfit having a wee run in the SPL.

Can't really have a major pop at the players as we are still 3rd after all.

BUT!!! totally devoid of ideas when our usual game doesn't work. We were outmuscled the whole game and to keep playing high balls up to that defense when we couldn't win a header all day was fuckin torture. Sick of watching Motherwell teams getting bossed around the park no plan B and not enough ability or strength to break down that type of teams. We've such a small squad any injury to any of our first team players totally fucks us up.

Felt like there was only about 15 - 20 of actual football in the second half between time wasting and diving taking up the rest of the time. Ref totally ruined the game not clamping down on the time wasting and diving early on, how that wasn't a sending off fo the penalty I'll never know.

A lot of bad performances but Hately better start pulling his socks up as he has been utter shite for weeks, couldn't even redeem himself by doing just one thing right and score the fuckin penalty.

Oh and Ross Forbes, nothing personal but he is a total imposter as a football player, why any manager would give him the chance to play first team football I'll never know. Apart for a couple of excellent goals in Europe and at St J (a long long time ago) he has done sweet fuck all and we are a man down when he plays. I guess that he is meant to be in the team for his delivery - even that is fuckin shite so no real reason to have him on the pitch at all.

John Sutton, Jim O'Brien, Ross Forbes, Jamie Murphy, and Tom Hateley have all missed penalties for us since the start of last season. Forbes has missed two. That is from my memory anyway.

That is disgraceful imo. Truly disgraceful. Consider the fact Aberdeen have had 7 penalties this season and Paul Hartley has scored the lot. Hartley is accomplished no doubt but that is a stat that pisses all over our own.

Cerny has possibly the best record in the SPL for saving penalties. He is tremendous at it. Saving it is one thing though. Saving it and catching it? :unsure:

How the defender (I couldn't tell who it was) never got sent off let alone a yellow card is a mystery and is easily the worst decision I have seen at FP since Forbes' goal against Rangers was falsely called offside last season.

I fully expect Blackman to be our next penalty taker. I also fully expect him to score. Strikers should hit penalties except on occasions when you have a Hartley in your team.

Accies were dirty, slow, time wasting, aggresors........and they knew how to beat us. Injury is preventing Hateley getting his 'turn' on the bench. Forbes as well, at this time, is unable to replace Lasley.

A very hard defeat and one that shows our frailties. If we hope to finish 3rd these are the games you need to win. As has been said Accies won't beat too many teams when they are away from home so it is 3 points dropped for sure. We had two main injuries but still should have had a team that could beat them. Midweek game affect us? Not sure but again I would hope not.

Games like today help plant the seed that we are unable to beat Rangers in a League Cup Semi Final imo. We have a massive game next Saturday against an Inverness team that had a very good result at Ibrox. Not beaten on the road in a league match in nearly a year and a half. Wow!

Regardless a point up there wouldn't be a bad result.

Accies are the embodiement of everything which is wrong with Scottish football. Dougie Imrie is a chunt. I'm sure they had one man in the box for one of their corners. Disgraceful team. We were pish mind, no imagination, not enough determination at all. AND whats more, no pies come half time in the east!! :unsure: Awful game.