CIS Cup Semi-Final

Yoshi-1991

ok so the draw is tomorrow, and im guessing we get hit with rangers, but i dont see that as a problem, all 3 teams are beatable in my opinion, if you look at celtics defence, we can easy get in about them i would imagine, aberdeen i always see ourselves of the favs, and rangers, well they might have gubbed us recently but that only realy happens once a season and they used there token up and we are over due a good win against them. as for venue, i have to say the semi final against hearts at easter road was one of the best games i have been to for atmosphere, makes the top 3 i would say anyway so i wouldnt complain if it was there again, dundee is a bit of a treck away but if thats where it is then i wont complain as it makes a fair venue if we draw aberdeen, i know most folk would hope for another trip to the nation stadium but i got to say i would rather save that for the final, makes it that extra bit special. but whats everyone else's opinion?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

semi final

motherwell v celtic

rangers v aberdeen

final

motherwell v aberdeen

winners

MOTHERWELL :lol:

LIVE THE DREAM

Aye give us it. I was thinking the Old Firm semi so we only have to beat one of them. A tough task if we get say Celtic and beat them in the Semi to then go and beat Rangers in Glasgow too.

So I wouldn't be too upset with and Old Firm semi and us v Aberdeen - at Easter Road :P

If we get the old firm (Which We will) We'll play the game at Hampden, However if we get Aberdeen, We'll play at either Tynecastle, Easter Road or Tannadice.

Hoping for Aberdeen at Easter road since we won the last semi we played there :lol: 2-1 'Well Win

And...

...Celtic in the Final, they'll get their old firm Revenge and we'll Tip them in the final minute at Hampden. 1-0 'Well Win

Optimism is ALWAYS good.

Our best chance of getting into the final and even winning the cup is by getting Aberdeen in the semi's so I'll have that. I would fancy our chances against sellic but rangers will be a tougher task and facing them both at Hampden isn't something I fancy. So Aberdeen in the semi, sellic in the final and it will be a fine party in Motherwell!

Anyway, anyone know what time the draws at?

Hoping for Aberdeen at Easter road since we won the last semi we played there :lol: 2-1 'Well Win

Optimism is ALWAYS good.

[/qu

We won 3-2 .............................................

2up with minutes to go..................................

Then 2-2................................................

Then Fitzy scored the winner 3-2...............

And sill waiting on Fitzy.............................

COME ON SON PROVE US WRONG !!!!! (JAMBO SLAYER)

Personally I'm just pleased we're in the semis, with a big night to look forward to. Obviously I want Aberdeen at Easter Road, but its more likely we'll get one of the bigots at Hampden.

Bring it on!!!

The more I think about it, the more I think that if we get Celtic it's our best chance of winning the cup.

If we draw Rangers we're as good as out. I'm as optomistic as the next person, but we never ever beat them.

If we draw Aberdeen, we'd probably progress, but I can't see Celtic beating Rangers in the other semi meaning Rangers would beat us in the final.

If we draw Celtic, we'd have a decent chance of taking them. Rangers would be the favourites against Aberdeen, but I think I'm right in saying the Dons have a good record against them, and could maybe beat them, setting it up for a Motherwell vs Aberdeen final, which we're more than capable of winning.

I try to be optimistic as well but the chances of both Rangers and Celtic getting punted at the Semi Final stage is next to nothing. I just can't see a scenario where they draw each other either. Celtic are the weakest of the two but god knows what nick Rangers could be in come February if they are still in European competition. Celtic should also bolster that dodgy back line in January. Six and half a dozen at this point really.

Is the draw on Sky Sports News or a web stream?

Hampden is its either of the OF

Tynecastle would be preferred for atmosphere

Easter Road as best alternative

Probably Tannadice as Aberdeen have the larger support, 50 miles up the road and they would likely get more backsides on seats, full stadium looks better on telly.

I'll happily take who we get. They all have plusses and minuses.

Aberdeen certainly seems the most winnable option so you would reckon you would want them. But as Finlay has already said I really don't want to have to imagine how gut wrenching it could be to be within a game of the final, then lose to a non-Old Firm team.

Celtic, may be slightly weaker than Rangers but remember Lennon is still looking for that first trophy success and the CIS provides the next opportunity for that. By the time February comes around and if they happen to be trailing Rangers then suddenly the Diddy Cup becomes a whole lot more important to them and less likliehood of resting players.

Rangers don't have a huge squad and threw in some youngsters against Killie. Could that be something they might repeat in the Semi? Especially if they have made it into the next stage of the Champions League or dropped into the Europa League. Also with each passing game the law of averages grows ever stronger that we're gonna beat the fuckers. They do appear to have the strongest starting eleven at the moment though and ofcourse our record against them isn't flowing with victories is it.

On the flip side I hope and pretty much expect they are all saying I really want those fuckers from Fir Park, which I think will suit our mentality just nicely!!

Is the draw on Sky Sports News or a web stream?

Hampden is its either of the OF

Tynecastle would be preferred for atmosphere

Easter Road as best alternative

Probably Tannadice as Aberdeen have the larger support, 50 miles up the road and they would likely get more backsides on seats, full stadium looks better on telly.

Arguably is that not another failing of the competition, from a publicity point of view anyway, in that they'll likely only show one semi-final live?