CIS Cup Semi-Final

Yoshi-1991

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am glad we got Rangers ,the last time we beat them in a one off cup game was back in the early 60,s at Ibrox 5-2 I think .I was only a nipper back then and never saw the game but I think Ive been at almost every cup game against them since, from the 2-2 game at firpark and the 4-2 defeat in the replay at Ibrox in the early 70,s up to the present day. I long for the day when I finally see us knock them out a cup .

Am fucking sick of this. They are kept apart again. The sponsors get the possible final they want. Will be beat Rangers no. Will Aberdeen beat Celtic no. Sorry but neither are good enough on the day and recent results have shown that. Anyway looking forward with optimism along with the other 5500 of us cause the fucking rest wont come out the closit till we get to the final. Honest assesment from the heed.

Bottom line is this - if you want to win a cup - you need to be prepared to put all yer opponents to the sword.

We seen in the first half the other week what can be done. With the right mental attitude and a couple of group sessions watchin the 91 DVD - anything is possible.

Into these gets!

so we got rangers!!!! we have a very able goalie in darren randolph, the management will have the team well up for a cup game at hampden, anything can happen. with all the pessimistic views so far it,s just as well we,re not the team, eh. hampden glory, here we come :P

The Draw for the Fourth Round of The Co-operative Insurance Cup took place at Hampden Park this afternoon (in a darkened room away from any cameras).

The draw is as follows:-

•Aberdeen -vs- Celtic

•Rangers -vs- Motherwell

Dates for ties: Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th January 2011

In the event of a draw after normal time, extra time of 30 minutes (i.e. 15 minutes each way) will take place and thereafter, if necessary, Kicks from the Penalty Mark will be taken in accordance with the Rules laid down by the International Football Association Board.

The Draw for the Fourth Round of The Co-operative Insurance Cup took place at Hampden Park this afternoon (in a darkened room away from any cameras).

The draw is as follows:-

•Aberdeen -vs- Celtic

•Rangers -vs- Motherwell

Dates for ties: Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th January 2011

In the event of a draw after normal time, extra time of 30 minutes (i.e. 15 minutes each way) will take place and thereafter, if necessary, Kicks from the Penalty Mark will be taken in accordance with the Rules laid down by the International Football Association Board.

You forgot to add Rangers / Celtic will get a dodgy penalty after x minutes

We need to seriously raise our belief level and between us and the club get a positive mindset together as we head towards this.

If we go expecting a drubbing. Guess whit we'll no be that upset if it happens. If we convey to the playing side of the club that we're heading to this game 'expecting' this. Then guess whit? If we go a goal down the mindset will be "a fuck it nobody expected us to win this"

This is our time to do this! It's Craig Brown's time to do this. It's our time to go in there and finally get something against this mob. I dunno about you but I'm fed up with these bastards robbing us or in the Final a few years back - us not turning up.

Lets everybody associated with the club go and fuckin do this!

It's really lucky that there's still the chance of a showpiece Old Firm final just when they're looking for a new sponsor for the tournament. The draw couldn't have worked out any better if it had been fixed.

Lets hope we stuff Rangers and I'd take equal pleasure from beating Celtic or Aberdeen in the final.

Bottom line is this - if you want to win a cup - you need to be prepared to put all yer opponents to the sword.

We seen in the first half the other week what can be done. With the right mental attitude and a couple of group sessions watchin the 91 DVD - anything is possible.

Into these gets!

That's the sensible view and the best way to look at it of course. If we want to win anything, we need to beat the 'best' and the 'best' in this case are obviously going to be Rangers firstly and then in all probablity Celtic.

It's just our record against Rangers in particular, especially in Glasgow, is so dreadful that the very thought of going there to play them just sends a feeling of resignation running through me and I'd guess many other 'Well fans. If we don't beat them at Fir Park on Boxing Day, then we'll be going into this one having not got the better of them for over eight years and there is this feeling that we could play this game at Dalziel Park, with Rangers being forced to play with only five players, all from their under-18 squad and us starting with a two goal lead and we still wouldn't be able to win.

But, dare I say it, records are there to be broken and one day we will once again beat them. Who knows with Motherwell though?

Fuck it, think how good this could be if we beat Rangers at Hampden, bring them on!!

Just glad its at Hampden cause its 5 minutes walk from ma flat, knew we would get one of them just unfortunate we have got the stronger of the 2 (in my opinion).

We need to seriously raise our belief level and between us and the club get a positive mindset together as we head towards this.

If we go expecting a drubbing. Guess whit we'll no be that upset if it happens. If we convey to the playing side of the club that we're heading to this game 'expecting' this. Then guess whit? If we go a goal down the mindset will be "a fuck it nobody expected us to win this"

This is our time to do this! It's Craig Brown's time to do this. It's our time to go in there and finally get something against this mob. I dunno about you but I'm fed up with these bastards robbing us or in the Final a few years back - us not turning up.

Lets everybody associated with the club go and fuckin do this!

Agree 100% it's about time we pumped this mob, bring it on :P

I'm just glad we got back to Hampden. I expect to get beat by whoever we play when we get there. That's not to say that I won't be there singing my heart out roaring them on on the actual night.

I'll be going in the posh seats also. Too many idiots come out the woodwork for these games. same with Nancy and Odense.

Pretty gutted with the draw.

If we had drawn Celtic we would have had an outside chance. Sadly Rangers are streets ahead of everyone else in Scotland. Even if they don't perform particularly well on the day, they always churn out a result.

When the time comes round though we will all believe. Particulary if Murphy and Humphry are on a hot streak.