CIS Cup Semi-Final

Yoshi-1991

A team just up from 1st division have avoided defeat at Greyskull...we have nothing to fear from the vile H*n

We will be playing a bunch of overpaid non entities,it's long long past time we beat them

Boxing day,then league cup semi victories would help make up for the 8 years of failure against Sir Weasel's numpties

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm concerned, this is the best possible draw.

Rangers are the toughest team by far still in the competition. If they were to put us out, I'd rather it be in a semi-final than a final. The 5-1 Final loss was heart-breaking.

If the miracle was to happen and we actually reached the final, we'd be facing either Aberdeen or Celtic and be going into it with a lot more confidence/expectation.

Rangers are the toughest team by far still in the competition. If they were to put us out, I'd rather it be in a semi-final than a final. The 5-1 Final loss was heart-breaking.

Can't say it was for me... we so completely failed to turn up that day that we didn't even offer enough of a performance to be upset about. I've barely given it a second thought since.

Can't say it was for me... we so completely failed to turn up that day that we didn't even offer enough of a performance to be upset about. I've barely given it a second thought since.

Kinda agree with this. If what happened to St Mirren in last season's final had happened to us I still think I would be rocking back and forth in a corner of Hampden.

i cannot believe some of the posters here have such a negative attitude. Iv never come across anything like it in my life. I honestly think they should keep that negative attitude to themselves because it spreads and puts doubt into the fans minds. That will eventually rub off on the players and that is the last thing we want.

Iv just read a few members posts/threads and you would think some people WANT the well to lose. Motherwell needs to grow as a club but these attitudes will help to hold the club back.

Looking at some posts though you would think that's what some so called supporters want.

But I'll still be there hoping for a different outcome because if by some miracle - and it would be a miracle IMO - we do manage to get the better of this lot at Hampden then it will be up there with the greatest results in our history and I won't want to miss it.

Well at least you're going this time, that's a plus. :)

i cannot believe some of the posters here have such a negative attitude. Iv never come across anything like it in my life. I honestly think they should keep that negative attitude to themselves because it spreads and puts doubt into the fans minds. That will eventually rub off on the players and that is the last thing we want.

Iv just read a few members posts/threads and you would think some people WANT the well to lose. Motherwell needs to grow as a club but these attitudes will help to hold the club back.

Looking at some posts though you would think that's what some so called supporters want.

Of course we don't want Motherwell to lose. We just have difficulty seeing them win this particular game. That is based on our SPL record and, even more importantly, cup record against them. Without looking it up, do you know when was the last time we beat Rangers in a cup tie?

Of course we don't want Motherwell to lose. We just have difficulty seeing them win this particular game. That is based on our SPL record and, even more importantly, cup record against them. Without looking it up, do you know when was the last time we beat Rangers in a cup tie?

Spot on.

Posters are decrying our record in games against the H*n...when did we last lose at Fir Park?Over 2 years ago?

Plus we scored 3 at Greyskull a few months ago

I dare say some folk will say playing at Hampden makes it even less likely we'll win

I wonder if we had drawn the other half of the Old Firm people would be adopting the same attitude....