Cis Cup Cash Windfall

Kmcalpin

Does anyone know how much we stand to make from reaching the semis? I believe that Steven Pressley said that Falkirk's failure to make it cost them around £250K?

There would be pooled gate money, programme/food sales, TV/Radio money and sponsors' money.

Anyway it'll have our Chief Executive rubbing her hands and rightly so. A badly needed cash windfall for us.

Radio Scotland also talked about up to £250k with the pooled gate money. Not sure if there would be more money if the Old Firm were kept apart - wouldn't have thought there would be too much in it. Hopefully the money will enable us to strengthen the squad in January or prevent us having to sell anyone (other than Reynolds). Can't see us getting Blackman as there would be no benefit to Blackman but hopefully we can sign up Gow and make contract offers to a few of those whose contracts are running out, like Jennings.

I thought the gate receipts for the semis got totalled up and split between the four teams?

It does I think that is what Dossertillidie is getting at. If the Old firm are kept apart each crowd will be around 20,000, an Old Firm semi final alone will have a crowd of 50,000, meaning a bigger pot to split.

It does I think that is what Dossertillidie is getting at. If the Old firm are kept apart each crowd will be around 20,000, an Old Firm semi final alone will have a crowd of 50,000, meaning a bigger pot to split.

42,000 were at our semi against Celtic in 2006 with our end almost filled and that was on wednesday night, so the pot might not be as small as you think.

42,000 were at our semi against Celtic in 2006 with our end almost filled and that was on wednesday night, so the pot might not be as small as you think.

Possibly but Rangers/St Johnstone 2010 semi final had 17,371.

The season before Rangers/Falkirk 24,507 and Celtic/Dundee Utd 19,258

You sure?

There was only around 4500 Motherwell fans there that night IIRC.

Maybe someone with a better memory than me can confirm but i don't remember ever being at Hampden without a healthy 'well support being there(excluding Queens Park obviously)

22595 was the attendance at our last League Cup Semi Final against Celtic at Hampden.

Tempting then to think with it being a Saturday or Sunday we'll get a whole lot more this time?

Not markedly going by the last time we played Rangers in the Scottish Cup Semi, where the crowd still didn't break 30,000. There were 29,352 at that one - and that would have been in weather conditions a wee bit more conducive to a bigger crowd.