Clarkson wants third-place finish

Gaag

its gona be way too close this season, 3rd is dream land. Look at the run hearts and hibs are on and Dundee utd are looking strog aswell. on current form i don't think we're one of the teams pushing for the europa cup pleace. Mibby scottish cup will be our main hope, but can't see another 3rd place finish, as for top 6, Hibs, hearts, aberdeen and dundee utd are all looking good compared to our recent form and we've lost to 2 of them recently. :rolleyes:

Am usualy wrong though and i hope i am !

There are way worse teams in the league than us! or at least i pray there are!

At least if we went into the first division we wouldn't need to have the regular ongoing ticket price threads!

Certainly but the fact is there are 2 teams in the league that are only 2/3 points below us.

we have a run of winnable games coming up and if we were to have any chance of finishing third or fourth then we must win these games which were capable of.who knows what team hearts will have in january if they sell there best players.hibs and dundee utd will be challenging for the european places but we can still catch them.top six would be a good achievement considering we havny played well for much of the season

We're only 4 points off 5th (I think) so it's not as far gone as some seem to think. The league is really tight at the moment, although Hearts and United have opened up a decent gap in for the time being. Hearts aren't playing great but are grinding out results. I think United will be the team to catch as they're playing consistently well at the moment.

No chance of third place, but glad Clarky feels it's a possibility.

They way we're playing just now, it's going to be nothing other than a relegation battle this season.

However, 9 points out of the next 12 should see us at least pushing for the top 6.

To finish top 3 I think we'd need to beat both United and FHW home and away in the remaining matches, along with getting a rather impressive run together ourselves. Fourth might be a better target, although even that'd be a tall order. Top six has to be the aim, and getting to Hampden at the end of May.

Its doable. If we stop throwing away daft points. The January transfer window could be the making and breaking of the season. Robertson could easily leave United, Hibs are on a decent run but are easily capable of being truly dreadful, Hearts will probably implode, Aberdeen are at the whims of Jimmy Calderwood's weekly player bingo. The league won't be won or lost over christmas, its a long game.

I think its good that Clarky at least has aspirations of a 3rd place finish but I would say another top half finish is more of a realistic target for us now.

Perhaps significant that around this time last year we were putting together the kind of run that Dundee Utd and Hearts are currently doing now.

We had a half-decent spell that took us up to 3rd without playing particularly well and for me if challenging for 3rd was going to be our level this season we really needed to push on after those back-to-back Old Firm games.

At that point we were heading into the run of games that could have put us on our way and dented the like top six challengers. Instead we've lost three on the bounce and gone completely the other way and now have some must win games coming up in the very near future to make sure we're safe rather than concerning ourselves with 3rd place finishes.

Ach, who knows, a wee win on Monday night, maybe even a jammy win at that could spark the confidence. Follow it up with a win at Hamilton and a decent signing or two next month and we might all be feeling a bit more positive as the team start to climb. Then again the Killie game could be off.........