No Money!

prideoflanarkshire

"Motherwell manager Craig Brown has confirmed that he won't be spending any money in the January transfer window. "

Anyone with any thoughts???

To be honest am a bit concerned about this comment, I know we have little, to no money to spend and not asking for us to spend a fortune, however, with 3rd place anyones, surely the board could try and free up so sort of cash.

We have gow and fitzy contracts ending in January, meaning we could loss 2 more players to an already thin squad.

I think we should be freeing up all money that will be generated by the semi-final game on bringing in new players.

Again, i dont think us fans ask the club to spend large sums of money and we understand the climate we live in, however, surely with the Euro games at the start of the season and a semi cup place there could be a little amount of money.

We have gow and fitzy contracts ending in January, meaning we could loss 2 more players to an already thin squad.

does Blackmans loan not also run out in january?

Not surprised in the slightest with the Craig Brown quote

things are very tight and are getting tighter, is crowd income down? is sponsorship income down?

Think we'll see a few clubs cutting again in January if not, then for sure in the Summer

and there seems like little that can be done to stop the downwards spiral in Scottish football ( we're Doomed! :P )

and? whoever said this was a new thing?

The only way we might have had even a tiny bit of transfer money to spend would've been if we'd made the group stages of the Europa League.

As always, loans and freebies for us. And it seems to have done us well the last few years.

Can't actually believe anyone is surprised by this! Seriously, I'm the most optimistic well fan there is but to think we'd spend any amount of money on a player is nuts! When did we last buy a player for any amount of money worth mentioning? Its been like this for years and we should be used to it.

Just looked into ma crystal ball and here's what's going to happen....Reynolds offski for 250 grand. Fitzpatrick and yes Forbes offski. Blackman and Gow staying for the season and one midfielder brought in and it wont be Brian Kerr whose pants. :) . Page and Hutchie breaking through also.

I hope we can manage to keep Blackman for the whole season. Allegedly Paw Broon's been pestering Big Sam about keeping him. Not so sure about Gow, I'll hold my judgement till he puts three past the Rangers on Boxing Day.

I'm sure with the amount of contacts that both CB and AK have, we could get one or two more cheeky loans :cheers:

Just hope that we manage to get money from helping big Mark move onto bigger and better in January...