Harlaw Park

Special aka

I don't know, but surely Wednesday morning would be enough time since most are setting off around 1/2pm? Actually, when are the team going up?

Or when you have to travel Tuesday night in order to come from England as per usual.

So, a Tuesday pitch inspection would be much preferable.

Hopefully they give us indication when the inspection will actually be beforehand.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With all due respect to the guys that are travelling from further afield

any Tuesday pitch inspection would only be prelimenary if forecasts are favourable

a Wednesday inspection is more than likely going to be required even if on the Tuesday they declared it fit for purpose.

from what I can see Wednesday could be a fine clear day so providing the pitch isn't icebound I'd hope they give it until at least Wednesday lunchtime or it may never be on!

Yeah, totally understandable, Brazilian.

I think, speaking on behalf of the people with that bit further to travel, I would much prefer an inspection on the Tuesday they can tell me at that point if it has the potential to go ahead.

If they say on Tues, aye there is a good chance this will go ahead, I am sure we will be happy to travel (as planned), but if they never bothered to check until Wed and then cancelled the game when they could have done that the night before and made people believe that there was an actual hope of the game going ahead would be poor.

All we want is a check on Tues to inform people of the chances of it going ahead, and then they can have a further one on at 9am in the morning.

Just don't want to waste the 3 days annual leave that I have taken for this game..

I am sure others in the same boat, even the people from Motherwell that have taken just the one day off..

It's days holiday that people can't afford to lose..

Agreed DC'd but you'll be well aware that anything said on the Tuesday will be very vague unless the pitch is perfect and the overnight forecast is very good.

But I agree if its looking doubtful it would be nice if on the Tuesday they announced that. Unfortunately if there is even a slight chance it'll be on they will just announce another inspection after all Locos have a fair amount of their seasons income sitting on this game and wouldn't want to risk another batch of tickets being returned too soon

Short of making the decision at k/o time you will never get it spot on all of the time. Obviously the earlier the pitch inspection is the more conjecture there is but that has to be weighed against the fans travelling. But with the next round on Feb 7th, with all due respect, the SFA will be reluctant to call it off on Tuesday unless there is no chance it is going ahead.

Like Gaag says, does anyone know if those covers are down because if they got them down right after playing at the weekend then there is a fair chance this will go ahead. But, it is not going to be much above freezing after Monday and those clear skys predicted for Tues/Wed will result in a real nasty frost.

Problem is that the pitch might pass an inspection on Tuesday or even Wed moring but that pitch is only going to get more frozen as the day goes gon.

Very hard to predict this one - we need news from someone up there!!!

They have a reserve game scheduled at home to Buckie tonight, so we'll see how that goes, maybe they'll scrap it to keep the pitch covered?

Would playing on it and then putting the covers back down not help :blush:

Anybody???????????

I aint that far away and it has been heavy rain all night and this morning

They were playing away at Forres mate, no idea how their pitch is doing, an update from Andy J would be lovely!

Yesterday wasnt as cold as forecast, and today we've got rain/sleet showers but nothing too bad at all. No negative temps yet. The ground isnt covered at the moment and it would be ok for a game this evening, no probs.

The weather's far better than the first game was so I very much doubt there will be an early call off. I dont think there's any need for an inspection just now at all so if it does get called off it'll be Weds afternoon I'd have thought.

So far so good.

By the way, Please Be Gentle With Us.