Harlaw Park

Special aka

the locos are gonna end up with a really shitty crowd for this game ;)

Thats the problem here. The more its cancelled the less will come - I can't see much past 100 punters going up there now.

They should just schedule the Saturday of the next round and then we can play St Mirren (if we win) on a week night.

And if it can't be played at Harlow then move it to a neutral ground that both fans can get to easily.

Simple!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats a bit harsh IMO. The covers, and most of the groundstaff, were borrowed from Aberdeen. As Aberden have a home game of their own to put on this week I'd imagine they would be keeping hold of all that this week to ensure they have their own house in order before making sure Inverurie are OK.

Only sounds harsh now but when I wrote this they had just announced that the pitch inspection would be at 9 or 10am TOMORROW. My point was everyone knows the situation with the pitch and the weather and I was pleasantly (not) surprised that within the hour the game was off.

Common sense to prevail was what I wanted and it happened ;)

Right folks, just to confirm ............ I travelled down to Inverurie this morning and the temp didn't get above -2, until early afternoon in Bridge of Don.

When I took this video :thumbup: (at 11am), there was no cover on the pitch other than over the south end goalmouth, (that's not to say that it had not been covered overnight), however would it really have protected it from such cold temperatures ?

Jack Frost visits Harlaw Park ....... Tuesday 20th Jan 2009

I sent txts to Gaag, BK, EoSMSC & Flow .......... (perhaps that's what brought the inspection forward).

I sent txts to Gaag, BK, EoSMSC & Flow .......... (perhaps that's what brought the inspection forward).

Think you must be texting my old number big man... Thought I sent you my 'new' (not really that new) one.

I will PM now just to be sure!

As I understand it, Motherwell asked the SFA to organise a pitch inspection yesterday, which happened some 31 hours ahead of kick off immediately after the only night of frost we've had. Today we're at between +1 and +3 in Inverurie at 8am but we couldnt possibly wait until the day of the match because the mighty MFC are involved.

Aberdeen asked for their covers to be lifted on Saturday because of the gales over the weekend, and now need them themselves.

As I understand it, Motherwell asked the SFA to organise a pitch inspection yesterday, which happened some 31 hours ahead of kick off immediately after the only night of frost we've had. Today we're at between +1 and +3 in Inverurie at 8am but we couldnt possibly wait until the day of the match because the mighty MFC are involved.

Aberdeen asked for their covers to be lifted on Saturday because of the gales over the weekend, and now need them themselves.

Spot on there Andy.

So who called it off ? Have Motherwell been given new powers or was it an SFA referee ?

I know it's only one Inverurie fan complaining but if his club share the same view they only have themselves to blame. Either they agreed to the postponment in view of the forecast or rolled over and allowed Motherwell to bully them , dont think the ref couldve called it off so far in advance without the consent of both clubs ?

I don't see anything wrong in the club asking for an early inspection - that seems entirely reasonable - after that its down to the referee and if he's found himself influenced by a representative from MFC not present and about 3.5hrs down the road - then frankly he shouldn't be a referee.

I'm sure if the referee had any notion that the pitch was playable he would have called for a further early inspection this morning.

But what's done is done and we now look to Monday. Again at the mercy of the ever changing BBC forecast but its showing predicted temperatures of 3C for day, 6C for Thursday, 3C for Friday, 6C for Saturday and a positively tropical 7C for Sunday. From Friday onwards its showing 2C for during the night.

Hopefuly if we get similar temperatures for Monday then fingers crossed!

Sorry, spitting blood up here at the moment. :whistling:

First we couldnt rearrange the game for the first Wednesday as Motherwell FC wanted more time to redistribute your ticket allocation (allegedly), then Motherwell FC ask the SFA (again, allegedly) to send a local ref to inspect the pitch 31 hours ahead of the game. And now its a great day for football if a little chilly.

All for a game that you could win 4-0 if you sent your U15 team up. To be honest, I'd be happy if Locos just scratched now, but we'd be banned. Fingers crossed the game goes ahead on Monday and we can get this waste of a game over.

Sorry, spitting blood up here at the moment. :whistling:

Folk from down here who are already pushing it at work by asking for two half days or two days holiday and are having to go in and fuck about their bosses by changing them at a days notice again wont be too happy either.

Luckily the likes of Burn_Broomfield have enough money to cover any charges from the bus company or he wouldnt be too happy

You have seen the vids and pictures of the park also.

There is no way that park is now ready for football.

I've only seen stuff from 24 hours ago. You think it's still like that now? It was +1 to +3 degrees at 8am in Inverurie today. Yes, the pitch may not be ready for football. Or it may be, I dont know.

IMO the pitch inspection should have taken place at 2pm today and if that upsets away fans then sorry but thats what happens when you let mickey mouse clubs into the cup. :whistling: