Inverurie - 28/1/09 - Postponed

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we play on Saturday then travel up to Inverurie and play on the Monday - is that fair?

Their pitch can't cope with this cold weather which is fair enough as its just a basic pitch with no under soil heating, but this can't continue can it?

There must be a cut off point when a new venue has to be used.

So we play on Saturday then travel up to Inverurie and play on the Monday - is that fair?

Their pitch can't cope with this cold weather which is fair enough as its just a basic pitch with no under soil heating, but this can't continue can it?

There must be a cut off point when a new venue has to be used.

I have said before, we are going to beat them. I am sure they wouldnt mind getting a run out at Fir Park, after all it gives them experience of playing infront of a large crowd on a SPL surface!

would that not mean more gate money for them as well? as it would still be a "home" tie???

I remember we were nearly faced with this dilema ourselves last year, there was talk about playin at broomfield ;)

Still if it meant getting the game to go ahead then I would have went with that, the longer things like this drag on the closer ye get to the next round.

While I fully appreciate there are only 7 days in a week, etc; if a game has to be cancelled because the pitch, which is North of Aberdeen, was frozen on a Saturday afternoon in January, it doesn’t take too much of a stretch of the imagination to guess it just might also be frozen on a Wednesday night in January and then the following fucking Monday. Instead of rigidly sticking to the rules process, could someone at the SFA not show a bit of forward thinking and…

Haud oan…

SFA…

Forward thinking…

Right, I see noo.

While I fully appreciate there are only 7 days in a week, etc; if a game has to be cancelled because the pitch, which is North of Aberdeen, was frozen on a Saturday afternoon in January, it doesn't take too much of a stretch of the imagination to guess it just might also be frozen on a Wednesday night in January and then the following fucking Monday. Instead of rigidly sticking to the rules process, could someone at the SFA not show a bit of forward thinking and…

Haud oan…

SFA…

Forward thinking…

Right, I see noo.

I understand yer point but what's the solution then?

They'd get slated for assuming the pitch will be frozen. An automatic move to Fir Park isn't really in the spirit of the game.

I guess this is another advert for summer football though.

Does anyone have any idea if the game doesent go ahead on monday when it will be next rescheduled to? I put in for a holiday tomorrow which i can cancel and then for tuesday wednesday and thursday next week. Now that it transpires its been scheduled for Monday its too late for a holiday so i'd be looking for a shift swap although i dont want to swap my monday shift to the wednesday for the game then to be moved to the wednesday if ye know what i mean? Anyone that knows an answer to this asap is a ledge in my eyes because i'm about to leave for work and dont know what to do.

Ta.

I guess this is another advert for summer football though.

Well maybe that’s the solution. Or maybe if the games must be played in the dead of winter and the home side’s from a lower league and can’t guarantee pitch protection, it should be moved to a ground which can.

I don’t have all the answers but when the game got called off and it was rearranged for an evening I saw this coming a mile off. It’s time we (and by we I mean the SFA/SPL/etc) realised it gets fucking chilly here in the winter and started to build some proper contingency into the plans.

An automatic move to Fir Park isn't really in the spirit of the game.

Might not be in the spirit of the game but it should be in the bloody rules - so you get two chance's at rescheduling and then it's played at Fir Park. No one can complain then because thats "the rules"...

Sorry 'bout this guys, feel kind of responsible for some reason.

Waited 106 years to play an SPL team and we could play two in a week now. :thumbup::ph34r:

Still want to know which muppet decided we couldnt play this last Wednesday. :thumbup:

Or the day after, it was fine then! <_< Why the powers at be gave it a week and a half is beyond me!!!

I feel for Locos really, I don't know if there will be the same home turnout (although I'm sure the 'buzz' will have faded anyway) but I can't see more than 50 odd 'Well fans getting up there if these call offs continue.

Shame really.

I feel for Locos really, I don't know if there will be the same home turnout (although I'm sure the 'buzz' will have faded anyway) but I can't see more than 50 odd 'Well fans getting up there if these call offs continue.

Shame really.

It is a fact that as the game is postponed (time and again) there will be a few that will unfortunatley miss out, but I suspect most of those who have tickets will try to make the game. Inverurie have never played an SPL side and we have not played a non league side in the Scottish Cup in my lifetime and for over 50 years. History in the making.

Another couple of cancellations though and I am sure a few will just ask for there money back. Although the weather is to blame, people cannot keep making change after change during the working week.