Inverurie - 28/1/09 - Postponed

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'd want to make as much money as possible, so switching to Fir Park, getting free rent of the ground and a much larger gate would make all the sense in the world.

I doubt if they'd get free rent Neil and why should they. Normally speaking in such games the "income", including season ticket monies (if applicable), is split 3 ways. A third is deducted for costs, including ground expenses, policing etc and the remainder is then divided in two. If MFC didn't charge ground rent then it would be looking at a substantial financial loss for the game.

I think they'll have another couple of bashes at Harlaw Park.

It's down to the clubs whether they agree to switch it. After 3 attempts MFC (& ILFC) can then start to suggest alternatives. But I think if they agree they can have another couple of attempts at staging it in Inverurie if that's what they want.

Is that not what happens?

See, in other leagues in Europe, Germany for example, they put all teams - and I mean ALL teams- in the 1st Round. Usually by the 3rd round you have most Amateurteams gone, which is mostly October/November.

Even if they would play all December/January they hardly would have these kind of problems.

Apart from this stupid replay rule! 1 Game, Overtime, penalties and over!

I hate Cup competitions in Scotland and England.

The Loco's will have another 4 opportunities to play it at Harlaw Park before the 7th Feb in my reckoning.

Are they not supposed to try for each Monday & Wednesday until it's decided? So two windows next week, two the week after and then it'll fall to 7th Feb weekend. Which would A. really scupper my plans for going to the burns night in Motherwell and B. mean a delay in the St. Mirren V us or Inverurie match.

As much as it would be a better experience for everyone if we played in Inverurie on a saturday then had St Mirren here during the week, it would not be in the slightest bit convenient for me. Like the poster above, I have a very flexible work, but not a flexible girlfriend (oohh err) so the only date I could not make would be saturday, February 7th. Sods law no doubt will dictate that's when it will be played, and if that's the case then so be it.

Frazzle

See, in other leagues in Europe, Germany for example, they put all teams - and I mean ALL teams- in the 1st Round. Usually by the 3rd round you have most Amateurteams gone, which is mostly October/November.

Even if they would play all December/January they hardly would have these kind of problems.

Apart from this stupid replay rule! 1 Game, Overtime, penalties and over!

I hate Cup competitions in Scotland and England.

Obviously a cultural thing but relays are part of our cup history and wouldn't change that for anything.

I know that its been a bit of a hassle and that folk have been inconvenienced, but I'm still looking forward to visiting Harlaw Park, its what the romance of the cup is all about, and as another poster said, they shouldn't be denied their big day (or night) against us.

And at Fir Park i would think, is it not 3 strikes then they change the venue??

No such rule exists, Inverurie v Vale of Leithen was played at the fourth attempt.

I think they'd want to make as much money as possible, so switching to Fir Park, getting free rent of the ground and a much larger gate would make all the sense in the world.

Any switch of venue, would not involve the tie being played at Fir Park.

If a ground is unfit to host a tie, the nearest ground of a similar capacity is used.