Hibs V Motherwell

ForthThistle

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm actuallly a bit more confident about saturday with them winning than i would have been if they got beat.

we look good going forward and i think murphy and humphrey will cause their fullbacks serious problems. we owe them for the 3 points they stole on the first day of the season so i think the players will be well up for this.

Same team as Wed for me.

Hibs will take Huge heart from victory at Ibrox.

Blackman is on Fire and a brace from him will see us take a point 2-2.

Thoughts.

Hibs will get a boost from beating Rangers but they are still a Dodgy side, :doh: we look to be getting a bit of consitency at last, if all thet main players stay fit, ie Blackman, Murphy, Jennings, etc then we will do well. I am going for a 2-0 win to Motherwell ( Blackman & Murphy). Our away form has been good so we should go to Easter road with high hopes of a great result.

I was planning on going to Easter Road regardless of last nights scores. I still can't fathom how Hibs managed to beat anyone 1-0 let alone Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox!! Astonishing. That said, one swallow disnae make a summer and Hibs are still pish as far as I'm concerned.

I'll be hoping for a point from this to be honest.

Riordon suspended? Zemmama out? its usually those two that we can't deal with.

Same team as last night for me and I think we'll win 2-0 as their defence is really shaky.

only been to killie and brechin away this season can't wait to be behind the goals at the fitba again

We will certainly be facing a Hibs side full of confidence after last night's amazing result, although they may suffer from tiredness after what surely was a lung-busting effort. Like other folks on here I'm glad they got some sort of result before playing us, you know how it is when we face sides needing a result!

Team wise I wouldn't make any changes, even if Las is fit. No-one desrves to be left out after a 4-0 win!

Not sure how this one will go, Hibs will probably be favourites after last night, but our away record should ensure we're taken very seriously.

I'l go for a draw here, 1-1 probably.

If we play enything like we did last night then we should beat the Hibees no roblem - it won't be as easy as last night mind you. And now that Derek Adams has quit Ross county to be Calderwood's No. 2 a gubbing by us will be a nice way to welcome him into the big boys playground.

There was a bit in the Daily Record today from a member of the Motherwell Supporters Trust saying that if Colin Calderwood doesn't apologise in the next couple of days over his Phil O' Donnell comments then he'll get dogs abuse on Saturday.

I wonder if he'll react to it or not.

As for the game i am still more than confident after last night results and predict another away win. If Lasley is fit i would bring him back in for Fitzy and would consider Gow in for Sutton as he should feel he has a point to prove against his former club. 2-0 Blackman and Murphy. Mon the Well!

There was a bit in the Daily Record today from a member of the Motherwell Supporters Trust saying that if Colin Calderwood doesn't apologise in the next couple of days over his Phil O' Donnell comments then he'll get dogs abuse on Saturday.

I wonder if he'll react to it or not.

As for the game i am still more than confident after last night results and predict another away win. If Lasley is fit i would bring him back in for Fitzy and would consider Gow in for Sutton as he should feel he has a point to prove against his former club. 2-0 Blackman and Murphy. Mon the Well!

i saw that as well.

if anyone from the trust is on did they contact the press or were they approached by the record for a quote?

Hard fought but ultimately comfortable win, with a two goal cushion for the Well.

They'll come at us and will suit the counter attacking style. They'll have given it 110% at Ibrox, whereas we eased off in the 2nd half and rested a number of key players.

Humph and Blackman's moral must be sky high.

Calderwood apologises apparently.

Colin Calderwood has apologised for comments he made following the death of Motherwell captain Phil O’Donnell in 2007. The Hibs boss, who was manager at Nottingham Forest at the time, said that he did not see any need for a minute’s silence at the City Ground following O’Donnell’s untimely death.

Motherwell fans had called for Calderwood to say sorry before their team travel to Easter Road on Saturday. The manager took the opportunity to apologise and set the record straight at his press conference on Thursday.

"I sincerely apologise for any offence caused to Phil O’Donnell’s family,” Calderwood said.

“I don't want to look back in regret because my comments were made in a different context to how they were taken but I never intended it to cause offense and if it has then I apologise"

O’Donnell died at the age of 35, having collapsed while playing for Motherwell against Dundee United in December,2007. Many clubs across the UK marked the tragedy with a minute’s silence but Nottingham Forest did not pay tribute ahead of their match against Huddersfield.

Calderwood said at the time he did not think it was necessary, sparking anger amongst Motherwell fans.

“There was nothing from the Football League to us but I heard some talk of it just before kick-off,” he said.

"I didn't particularly want a tribute. Sometimes I don't think it's appropriate to have them for every tragedy that happens.Sometimes it needs to be a bit closer to home.

"The fact that it was a boy in Scotland, does that make it any different to a boy in Colombia?"

Hibs v Motherwell

All out attack, lets throw caution to the wind....are forward thinking players are on fire, why not have a real go at them.

Same team as last night/less than Sutton put GOW back in.

Sutton was ok last night but i think now GOW has had his bench warming stint that might highlight how pants it is being on the bench watching an in form team... GOW back Sutton out.

Role on Sat, prediction Hibs 0 Motherwell 3

Hibs are gonnay get a heroes welcome on Saturday are will be fired up. Lining up to be a great game and I don't think it will be as easy as some on here think. I wasn't too sure about going but last nights results have made it a relal appealing game. Hopefully we can take a decent crowd!

1-0 Blackman.

Could be a shrewd move by Adams, the Hibs board installed an ejector seat in their managers office and despite last nights result, Calderwood may only last a short while if he doesn't start to get results. Who else would step into the breech in the event of a sacking? I'm sure there are some at Easter Road who would give Adams the benefit of the doubt.

I was planning on going to Easter Road regardless of last nights scores. I still can't fathom how Hibs managed to beat anyone 1-0 let alone Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox!! Astonishing. That said, one swallow disnae make a summer and Hibs are still pish as far as I'm concerned.

I'll be hoping for a point from this to be honest.

Just when I thought you were going down a positive route :)

In saying that I know where you are coming from. Bit concerned by this one and was before their cracking win last night. A real shame that if we get a good draw on Saturday and Hearts beat St Johnstone (which is very likely) we will drop to fourth. Hearts beating Celtic was a very poor result for us in my opinion. I think Hibs will come good and will finish in the top 6 no worries.

2-2 draw on Saturday and fingers crossed those around us drop points as well.

Despite getting the result at Ibrox, I still fancy us to get a win at Easter Rd. The Hibs defence is brutal and I think Blackman, Murphy and Hunphrey could hand out another roasting. Disappointed to be missing this one especially as I'll be in Edinburgh all day, but opportunities to see the All Blacks are few and far between.