Hibs V Motherwell

ForthThistle

Where to start on todays game,

• Why change the line up, hateley is no more a midfielder than I am ?

• Given a soft penalty you would have thought the ref would be stronger about fouling afterwards but then it was Dougie "White Lie".

• Playing against a big defence why punt aimless high balls into the box when your wingers have been tearing the full backs apart ?

• Aww for fucks sake Craggs row Z your not ronaldo !

• Its ok to continually take foul throws, lead with your elbow into a jump, control the ball with your hand/arm, kick fuck out of the opposition, climb all over said opposition and put in as many dangerous tackles as you want but only if your Hibs and the ref is Billy Liar.

• Come away to fuck ref a blatant assault on the kepper is worthy of a red card, of course other players particularly his captain are going to get involved, Craggs did nothing worthy of a yellow card.

• Over 2 minutes into stoppage time before we change anything anf then 3 subs at once WTF ?

• Offside Offside it was never fucking offside !

Think that about covers it.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing game and result this afternoon. Got off to a flyer with the harsh penalty then hand Hibs the victory with shambolical defending. Time for Craigan to sit a few games out, partly to blame at the first goal and the less said about the second the better.

Thought we were going to get a goal before half time but that was not to be and in the second half we never looked like scoring. Can't really blame McDonald for losing but he was woeful, they could of had 3 red cards on another day. What was Brown playing not using the subs earlier? Gow was rank the whole game and should of been hooked at half time.

Why change it from Wednesday? Why return to the style of play that lost the corresponding fixture at FP earlier in the season?

Difficult one in hindsight. We win 2-1 today and Brown has played a masterstroke. Beat today, as we were, and the obvioius points get raised. It's a difficult one. For whatever reason Brown thought the team and formation we played against St Johnstone wouldn't do today. Whether he is correct or not we won't know.....but I do know that he got it wrong today.

We were the best team until Hibs scored. The penalty looked soft from my position. It was a certainly that Blackman would hit it. Was pretty confident he would put it away as well. When it went to 1-1 you could see the nerves in our team. Will need to see the goals again to pass better comment on them but for me their second goal shows the reason why we have had Craigan for 11 years. He will be solid as a rock for 10-12 games then he will make a a very easy mistake that has you shaking your head in disbelief. By halftime and at that point Hibs being 2-1 up, I thought they were the better side. Not by too much though.

In the second half I thought we were the best side, although as pointed out Brown didn't need to make a save. Didn't have to make many in the whole match either. Few odd decisions by the Ref (for and against us) and some really bad challenges by the Hibs players.

The substitue situation was embarrassing in my opinion. Gow should have been taken off earlier I think. Things weren't going well and we don't make any changes until the 88th minute. Again if Casagolda nets an equaliser in the 5th minute of injury time, Brown looks like a hero again. The way it did go down just looked poor. We were the best team in the second half but we didn't look like scoring. Changes should have been made no later than the 65th minute and they should have been staggered to being constant freshness to the team.

Not too often have I been annoyed by managerial decisons since Brown joined us but today I was.

Can't comment on the 'offside goal' nor can anyone in the Motherwell end at the game. Was too far away. People who have seen it on TV are saying it was two yards onside. That is very disappointing.

I am quite interested to see what Brown is going to do with Hateley when Lasley returns. For me our midfield was posted missing a good few times in the match.

Bad day at the office all round. Hearts and Inverness both winning was exactly what we didn't want. Killie are on a good run and are climbing the table and Dun Utd will always be there or thereabouts.

Hearts have Hamilton at Tynecastle next week. They should pick up three points. We really need to get results in our next two matches against St Mirren.......and Hearts. Not careful, a couple of bad results and we could see ourselves cut adrift from 3rd and bouncing about 5th/6th place. Not a bad position by any means but a big disapointment when you consider where we have been sitting in the table for the last few weeks.

Nervy at the back today and lacked any cohesion going forward.

Don't think you can get away with playing a 2 man midfield every week, particularly when the opposition are doubling up on our wide men.

Not a great day for the Ref, Craigan or Brown. Important spell coming up between now and Christmas that will more than likely shape our season.

Listening to Clyde 1 on the way home and Gordon Dalziel was wanking off about how good hibs were today, Riorden especially.

Well it makes a change from our fans saying the same thing. For years now our fans have gone about Hibs and how good they are. Perhaps now we've seen through them.

Similar thoughts to those already posted by a few.

Pre-match comments from Brown about not being scared to change a winning line up suggested changes were afoot. Could have seen Gow coming in for Sutty but moving Hateley back into midfield was a slight eye raiser.

Thought it was a soft penalty but well dispatched by Blackman. After so many misses over the last year nice to see that one going in.

We never really got a chance to settle on the lead unfortunately. Bit of luck involved with the deflection which just took it out of Randy's reach but by the same token we seemed to have a few opportunities to clear or at least break up the play prior to Riordan getting his shot in.

The second. That was just head-shaking material.

Good response from us after going behind. Unsure whether Gow was aiming for goal with that header or whether the failing was in nobody following in to knock it in, but either way was a good opportunity passed up. Nice lob from Murphy that wasn't far away and had McDonald not given Brown the benefit when he made an arse of a high ball right on half-time then Humph would have been left with a chance about four yards out.

Felt confident enough at that point that the situation could be sorted out and to be fair we dominated the second half. Perhaps the problem was that Hibs no longer needed to chase the game or be on the front foot as they simply sat back and took advantage of our old failings at being less effective when the onus is on to break down a defence.

Couldn't see the thinking behind the offside decision from the 'Well end, I think the majority saw the flag early and whilst the ball ended up in the net, there wasn't much made of it at the time.

The lack of changes was frustrating. There seemed to be a tweak to the formation but a freshness was being cried out for long before they eventually came.

Refereeing throughout varied from questionable to downright shocking.

All in all an opportunity lost I feel. Didn't see anything much today to suggest that Hibs are any better than us. Unfortunately today we just didn't quite cut it.

Take it everybody at the game saw the steward taking the ball aff the side of the heid, when he was walking behind the goal, when a Hibs shot went just over?

Stick on for the '3rd Eye' on Soccer AM.

Last minute of the game, a certain defeat looming, and even Randolph couldn't stop giggling.

Disappointing day at the office. They doubled up on Humphrey and also kept a guy two yards from him all the time which meant we had to play the perfect ball to get him. He kept getting against St Johnstone because we could find him with balls into acres of space. Murphy and Gow did reasonably well at being creative but they just could never quite get in.

Overall we contained Hibs reasonably well apart from a couple of defensive cock ups in the first half and whilst its annoying and frustrating these things happen to a lot better defenders than Craigan. Hateley and a disappointing game but apart from that the midfield did well enough. End of the day, on another day we'd have taken something possibly even won but luck deserted us and stupid errors arrived with us.

I have noticed that the previous games we have played at the weekend when the full team have played in midweek we haven't been as good (Celtic and Hamilton) and the same happened. I think we just don't have the players strong enough to cope with three games in eight days.

And as a by the by I thought Dougie McDonald was fine until about 25 minutes from the end when he seemed to lose it completely. But by my watch we played just shy of eight minutes of injury time. Their boy was down for eight minutes, Blackman for two, a couple of other shirt stoppages and five subs - we should have had another three or four minutes. Though to be fair I think our horse had long bolted by then. Also the late tackle on Reynolds looked remeniscent to the Ledley one from a distance yet they both got booked. Though all the tempestuousness came from Liam Miller whacking the ball into Blackman and McDonald and Calderwood both dealt with that accordingly.

Wasn't great today but neither were Hibs.

Suppose those are the kind of games we have been winning this season despite not playing well.

They had identified Blackman and Humphrey as the threats and dealt with them pretty well. Worringly we had no other creativity when those two were nullified.

As I briefly mentioned earlier, I actually saw the game today online and have not seen us all season.

I thought we played really good football the first half and were getting the break of the ball off the Hibs' defence most of the time. Blackman was outstanding and Hammel went for every ball midfield and on the wings.

We didn't play anywhere as well in the second half. Gow should have been off and the three substitutions were too late, albeit they stood for a good five minutes before they got on. The last 15 minutes Hibs got the break of the ball off our forwards and midfield. Randolph made a fantastic save when we were least expecting a strike.

All in all an entertaining game which we should have got a point considering our goal was chopped off for offside even though I don't think it was. Would give Casagolda a chance and bench Gow the next game, just my opinion but whatever Brown and Knox do, I think they are doing an excellent job.

So far, so good, the roller-coaster continues....... :lol:

Laughing at all the people on here that got a semi when Hearts beat Celtic midweek. The fact that a Hearts win was the worst result possible for Motherwell was irrelevant as long as Celtic got beat all was good. Wonder if these people still have a semi now we've been pumped into 4th. :lol:

I like to see the mould firm get beat as much as the next man but ffs when a mould firm defeat is a bad result for Motherwell then it is NOT a good thing.

anyone else notice there was no where near enough time added on at the end?

the incident of the head knocks itself lasted more than 6 minutes - just a few seconds short of 7minutes to be fair. then there was another incident in the half where the physios were on which added another 2 minutes, then there are the substitutions.

should have been 10 minutes minimum.

Yep - by my reckoning we played 8 minutes. I reckoned we should have been looking at 11 minimum. But as the 4th Official never came out with a board then we have no idea what the balloon had decided and as the game was becoming increasingly ratty I think he maybe took a view was best to end it and keep 22 on the pitch. As a by the by all our creativity dried up at about 80 minutes and I think 3-1 was more likely than 2-2 by the end anyway.

Laughing at all the people on here that got a semi when Hearts beat Celtic midweek. The fact that a Hearts win was the worst result possible for Motherwell was irrelevant as long as Celtic got beat all was good. Wonder if these people still have a semi now we've been pumped into 4th. :lol:

I like to see the mould firm get beat as much as the next man but ffs when a mould firm defeat is a bad result for Motherwell then it is NOT a good thing.

:nod:

Laughing at all the people on here that got a semi when Hearts beat Celtic midweek. The fact that a Hearts win was the worst result possible for Motherwell was irrelevant as long as Celtic got beat all was good. Wonder if these people still have a semi now we've been pumped into 4th. :doh:

It's only November, long way to go before dropping into 4th place becomes that important.

While it's nice to see us sitting there best of the rest at any time the placings in May are what counts.

Very disapointing day all round. We were easily worth a point but a few factors contributed to not getting it.

Have we ever won a game where Hateley has started in midfield? He is not good enough to play there and was constantly being pulled all over the place. I would rather have played Fitzy there! I thought Saunders was atrocious at right back also. Craigan made a terrible mistake but generally is solid so slating him would be unfair. It probably was the single biggest factor in costing us a point though.

Paw should've made the changes much much earlier.

Dougie McDonald.....fuck me. I hate Neil Lennon so much it scares me but I'm possibly, just possibly starting to sympathise with him. Nobody in the 'Well end could comment with any certainty that the goal was offside, but if it turns it he was onside as a few folk are now suggesting then Paw should go aff his heid! A few match reports have also said the game became bad tempered! Aye, 'cos Hibs put in some shocking and needless tackles right at the end! First that odious wee wank Liam Miller boots the ball off Blackman when he's already on the ground. Randolph is then caught very late. So late the Craigan has a word with the Hibs player and both Craigan and Hibs player get booked!?!?! What the fuck!!! Then Reynolds gets caught very late indeed, it should've been a red. Reynolds has very strong words with the Hibs player as he gets up and both players are booked again!!! Unbelievable! Broon should be going off his head about these decisions. They were completely unacceptable.

Laughing at all the people on here that got a semi when Hearts beat Celtic midweek. The fact that a Hearts win was the worst result possible for Motherwell was irrelevant as long as Celtic got beat all was good. Wonder if these people still have a semi now we've been pumped into 4th. :doh:

Maybe it's an optimism thing. I'm always looking at who's above us in the league, don't give a fuck what happens below us because I always like to think we're strong enough to hold our position. Might not have happened this week but for the sake of Scottish football, Wednesday was great and we've plenty of time yet to regain 3rd place.

Dissapointed with the result yesterday but not too disheartened. The effort was there from everyone but a combination of hibs tactics nullifying blackman and humphrey, a few below par performances and some dodgy refereeing meant it just wasn't our day.

Totally agree with you. We should be wanting the Old Firm to win all their matches with the exception of us. Hearts winning against Celtic could be the difference between us finishing 3rd or 4th.