Hibs V Motherwell

ForthThistle

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else at the game think that whilst the new Stand is impressive it has taken something from the atmosphere of the place?

I just felt that had we not made a noise and generated a bit of singing then the hibs fans would've sat in almost silence for the whole game. Other than responding to us they had now't

watching on alba 6 minutes 50 seconds injury time got played which is actually less than their boy was down for.

add in trakys, blackman, liam miller's minute long sub and the two incidents and subbings in stoppage time and we should have been looking at 102 minutes.

brown should definitely complain about that. decisions are one thing, not getting 90 mins is another and mcdonald has done it before in the edinburgh derby to benefit hibs.

Disappointing day at the office. They doubled up on Humphrey and also kept a guy two yards from him all the time which meant we had to play the perfect ball to get him. He kept getting against St Johnstone because we could find him with balls into acres of space. Murphy and Gow did reasonably well at being creative but they just could never quite get in.

Overall we contained Hibs reasonably well apart from a couple of defensive cock ups in the first half and whilst its annoying and frustrating these things happen to a lot better defenders than Craigan. Hateley and a disappointing game but apart from that the midfield did well enough. End of the day, on another day we'd have taken something possibly even won but luck deserted us and stupid errors arrived with us.

I have noticed that the previous games we have played at the weekend when the full team have played in midweek we haven't been as good (Celtic and Hamilton) and the same happened. I think we just don't have the players strong enough to cope with three games in eight days.

And as a by the by I thought Dougie McDonald was fine until about 25 minutes from the end when he seemed to lose it completely. But by my watch we played just shy of eight minutes of injury time. Their boy was down for eight minutes, Blackman for two, a couple of other shirt stoppages and five subs - we should have had another three or four minutes. Though to be fair I think our horse had long bolted by then. Also the late tackle on Reynolds looked remeniscent to the Ledley one from a distance yet they both got booked. Though all the tempestuousness came from Liam Miller whacking the ball into Blackman and McDonald and Calderwood both dealt with that accordingly.

+1

Lets put it behind us and start thinking about St.Mirren next Saturday

Its not the first time a ref hasn't played enough stoppage time, surely its time to give that responsibility to an official timekeeper?

On the game I felt we were worth a point, and but for a very poor fifteen minutes after we took the lead we'd have had that.

I felt we took too long to make our subbies, and another negative is that we are the only team in the SPL this season to not take a solitary point after going behind. What is the reason for that? No plan B? It is something we need to address in my view.

Ach well, still fourth and doing alright. Fingers crossed for a win in Paisley next week.

Seen that Stephen Craigan has pulled out of the N.I. squad with a groin injury picked up at Easter Road.

Maybe the number of games is taking its toll. Had a blunder not too long ago against the Faroes as well if I remember correctly. Either way I do still hope he is fir for next Saturday.

Just got round to watching the highlights. Definite pen, and definitely onside. It's so much onside the linesman should hand in his resignation tomorrow. Funny how BBC again ignore the Hibernian assaults. Still, from the highlights, we were clearly the better team. I'd feel confident of a win this weekend coming.

Nonsense, the linesman's made a msitake, he hasn't done it on purpose! "he should resign tomorrow", are you Neil Lennon?!

Celtic fans say things like that, we're better than that. The linesman has fucked up. Aye it's cost us, but that's football.

Edit - just watched the highlights there, how does it show we were the better team?

Celtic fans say things like that, we're better than that. The linesman has fucked up. Aye it's cost us, but that's football.

In other words, we just accept shite officiating, eh?

Well, that's your choice, but you can't have a go at a manager or fans who go mental because they actually give a fuck.

Whilst i'll be the first to admit that Lennon and the Celtic fans have went over the top, it would be nice to see us display a little bit of that refusal to accept shite every now & then :)

Fair doos, but answer me this: Craig Brown does a Lennon, seeks clarification, goes off on one in the press etc, what good does it achieve? Whilst accepting it probably isn't the answer, kicking up a massive fuss most certainly isn't...

The answer is to not go off on one like Lennon does.

He does that because he's been in management for 10 minutes and hasn't got a clue.

What Brown does is raise the issue in an intelligent and constructive manner, as you would expect of someone of his stature.

What I don't think we do is simply resign ourselves to the fact that our top officials are the drizzling shits.

Will you still be willing to say "ah well, that's football" if it turns out that we miss out on the Europa League spot by a point?

That goal, which could have earned us a point, could prove invaluable come the end of the season.

Will you still be willing to say "ah well, that's football" if it turns out that we miss out on the Europa League spot by a point?

Yes, because you can bet your arse that whoever beat us to the place would have been on the wrong end of just as many diddy decisions over the course of the season.