Hibs V Motherwell

ForthThistle

I think that Browns approach is the right one. There were two big decisions in the game, one went for us, one against. The offside decision was tight and for all it is clear to see on a freeze frame at full pace it is possible to see how the linesman could get it wrong.

The one time that I feel Brown should have gone to town was on the Forbes goal against Rangers last season. That was an inexplicable decision and a case for crying foul. Ultimately it cost us 4th place in the league.

On the point of booking both players at flashpoints I think that is a SFA directive that gets the ref's off the hook. If in any doubt book them both. We see it time and time again.

Just to keep our perspective balanced however we have benifited from these offside decisions in the past. Was it last season at FP when Accies had a good move down the left called offside when it was a mile on?

For me the big test in terms of decisions is would you have got that at Ibrox or Parkhead? For me the penalty for all it was definetly a penalty was soft because Murphy would not have got it at Ibrox or Parkhead. We just have to be grateful when we get them and take the good with the bad.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does that because he's been in management for 10 minutes and hasn't got a clue.

No, he does it cos he very much HAS a clue. His constant badgering in the press of referees puts the pressure on them something awful. Next 50-50 decision that comes up you can bet the ref will be second-guessing himself and will give the benefit of the doubt Celtic's way. Most managers do it to some extent (a la "Oh, I hope we get a strong referee who will protect our foorballers and not be fooled by the other team's time-wasting" etc etc) but Lennon is taking it to an extreme cos that's the only way the classless ned knows how to behave.

Take it everybody at the game saw the steward taking the ball aff the side of the heid, when he was walking behind the goal, when a Hibs shot went just over?

Stick on for the '3rd Eye' on Soccer AM.

Last minute of the game, a certain defeat looming, and even Randolph couldn't stop giggling.

-_-