Jack 'n' Victors Stats

dosser

Few other interesting stats:

- 19 points from 11 games (first round of fixtures) constitutes our best ever start to a SPL campaign (i.e. 1998 onwards). Our previous highest was 18 after 11 games! It's also our best start for 16 years (1994/95) although we've won more games this season (6 from 11) than then (5 from 11).

- Craig's overall win % record of 51.21% is the highest of any Motherwell manager for almost thirty years. Only Davie Hay's one year in Div 1 (1981/82) is better - 26 wins from 46 competitive games - 56.52%! I've not done the checks but a win % in the 50+ must make Craig one of the best Post War, if not ever?!!

Few other interesting stats:

- 19 points from 11 games (first round of fixtures) constitutes our best ever start to a SPL campaign (i.e. 1998 onwards). Our previous highest was 18 after 11 games! It's also our best start for 16 years (1994/95) although we've won more games this season (6 from 11) than then (5 from 11).

- Craig's overall win % record of 51.21% is the highest of any Motherwell manager for almost thirty years. Only Davie Hay's one year in Div 1 (1984) is better - 24 wins from 45 competitive games - 53.3%! I've not done the checks but a win % in the 50+ must make Craig one of the best Post War, if not ever?!!

Canny argue with that. :thumbup:

Without wanting to take the topic off on a tangent, it just shows that winning games doesn't neccessarily bring the crowds back.

Was it not Tommy McLean that was the manager in 1984, With David Hay manager in 1981, where he won 26 games in 38 (from memory he wasn't manager for the first game or in the league cup).

You are quite correct Cambo, accidentally listed the wrong year which should've been 81/82 as you’ve said…

Davie H's record for that season was superb but I suppose you could argue that Brown is managing it in the top leagues therefore, a slightly better achievement!

You are quite correct Cambo, accidentally listed the wrong year which should've been 81/82 as you’ve said…

Davie H's record for that season was superb but I suppose you could argue that Brown is managing it in the top leagues therefore, a slightly better achievement!

Are your percentages not out too. I'm sure Davie Hay took over after we were knocked out of the League cup and after the first league game (which we lost), out with the league he lost one Scottish Cup game (at Tannadice?). So he recorded 26 wins from 39 games or 66.67%.

It's a long time ago and my member may be hazy but that's my recollection.

Interesting reading, compare these figures with a table I saw earlier this week (Possibly on Monday night's Sportscene?) showing the records of the last 4 Aberdeen managers, obviously focusing on McGhee's record. I think his was around the 28% mark.

McGhee has the worst record in Aberdeen's history apparently.......as well as overseeing the Club's biggest defeat in their 107 year history. Now that is a legacy.

The record that Brown and Knox have is fantastic and they deserve all the credit going.

I think Hay was in charge the first game of the season. I seem to remember we lost to Killie away, and he joked that he hated that experience so much we went on a long tear unbeaten.

I remember that game away at Killie and Joe Carson scoring an own goal.

Came away from the game thinking we'd struggle.

What a season we had! <_>

I think Hay was in charge the first game of the season. I seem to remember we lost to Killie away, and he joked that he hated that experience so much we went on a long tear unbeaten.

I seem to recall Hay taking over for the final League Cup game, Dundee Utd maybe? Think we got a draw as well but not 100% on that

McGhee has the worst record in Aberdeen's history apparently.......as well as overseeing the Club's biggest defeat in their 107 year history. Now that is a legacy.

Be fair to McGhee, right now Alex Miller has the worst record in Aberdeen's history. Not saying McGhee won't eventually take the unwanted crown though!

Be fair to McGhee, right now Alex Miller has the worst record in Aberdeen's history. Not saying McGhee won't eventually take the unwanted crown though!

I was sure I heard on Radio Scotland (Richard Gordon) recently that McGhee now has that dubious honour. Could be wrong though.