Darren Randolph

LadywellToi

For me he's been a revelation and been outstanding between the sticks, I can see why the Charlton fans were so unhappy to see him go. Plus we have him on a 3 year deal

I also think he is more assured than last years fans favourite. He seems more composed and less likely to have an "Amoruso" crazy moment once in every three games.

Outstanding performances this year and out of all the goals we've conceded I think there were only 1 or 2 he have done something about.

Obviously I haven't seen as many games live as most posters on here. However, from what I have seen, and what I have heard from my season-ticket holding family members, he does seem to be a shade better than Ruddy and, so far, less prone to the odd howler.

The fact that he's on a contract, rather than on loan, makes it all the sweeter.

His performances have been excellent. The only area I'd like to see him improve in is penaltys. Some goalies have a tremendous record i.e. Cerny, McGregor, even Buzz. Right now I'd say he has surpassed Ruddy in much the same way Blackman has a better record than Lukas.....so far. Just haven't attained that 'cult' popularity yet.

His performances have been excellent. The only area I'd like to see him improve in is penaltys. Some goalies have a tremendous record i.e. Cerny, McGregor, even Buzz. Right now I'd say he has surpassed Ruddy in much the same way Blackman has a better record than Lukas.....so far. Just haven't attained that 'cult' popularity yet.

When Blackman hits 20+ goals for us this season, his cult status will be assured!

They are both very good young goalkeepers and it’s extremely difficult to choose between the two. If pushed I would go with Randolph. Ruddy at times strayed a bit too far from his six yard area and despite his height looked as if he could be chipped from range. This is a minor criticism and he was probably only caught out on a couple of occasions.

Here’s hoping Randolph can stay injury free!