Murphy, Humphrey & Reynolds - Out, Saunders In

Guest 'Flow

Could possibly go in the Tartan Army section but...

No 'Well players in the Scotland squad (for the game against the Faroe Islands) is a wee bit dissapointing given how well we have been playing no!? :thumbup:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time someone from the club said something.

The reward for excellent endeavours at club level should be an international call up. players performing at this level at any club deserve a call up

There's something wrong when this isn't happening given the options available.

It's not right/

I don't mind. Mean's they'll be fresher and fitter for the next game. It's just a diddy friendly. If they keep playing they way they are and the club keeps performing the way it is, it's inevitable that there'll be a call up in the offing for one or more of them.

I don't mind. Mean's they'll be fresher and fitter for the next game. It's just a diddy friendly. If they keep playing they way they are and the club keeps performing the way it is, it's inevitable that there'll be a call up in the offing for one or more of them.

that's a fair point to an extent Gaag - i know what you're on about - it's always great to see one of our own pull on the dark blue jersey when it's merited though.

Time someone from the club said something.

Nah, not sure about that Steve!

Craig has always said, time after time, that he wouldn't ever force his players on the Scotland manager as he hated when managers did it to him. There's got to be a respect for the National team coach and his decisions even though it leaves us a wee bit disappointed (more so for the players who were absolutely busting a gut to be involved)...

Maybe next time....

Like you thouugh, I am desperate to see our guys pull on the dark blue!

get one of said players to write "Levein's a banger" on their Twitter or whatever... sure it'll be picked up on soon enough :D

There's nothing better than seeing one of your own pulling on that dark blue jersey and wearing it with pride. I remember when Clarkson scored that goal against the Czech Republic, was over the moon :) And well, faddy will always be one of ours :)

Yep - I've heard him say that a couple of times 'Flow - The wee man is capable of framing it right though.

"While we support the national manager - I've got some gutted players in that dressing room"

These opportunities sometimes only come around for players fleetingly - you never know with form, injuries etc.

it's not right that when it should be happening - it isn't

Nah, not sure about that Steve!

Craig has always said, time after time, that he wouldn't ever force his players on the Scotland manager as he hated when managers did it to him. There's got to be a respect for the National team coach and his decisions even though it leaves us a wee bit disappointed (more so for the players who were absolutely busting a gut to be involved)...

Maybe next time....

Like you thouugh, I am desperate to see our guys pull on the dark blue!

Even when the guy is a total wank??

Whilst I'm not totally sure that any of our players are currently good enough for the squad, I'd have thought that someone like Mark Reynolds must be ahead of Danny Wilson in the pecking order, given that he has actually played fitba' this year, Stevie Hammell could have been an option at the problem left-back, Humphreys could prove to be a real find for someone so would a friendly against Faroes not be an ideal, danger-free opportunity to 'tie' him down, and if Jamie Murphy isnt a better player than Kevin Kyle then we're fucked, I would also suggest that wee Jamie is better than Goodwillie, but yet again the token United player gets a call-up.

I really hate that fucking speccy wanker!!

Very disappointed. Dont get me wrong there is still time as I have every faith that there will be about 7/8 calls offs from that squad. Cant see Fletcher, Dorrans and few of the other EPL based players heading to Shittodrie for a wet wild wednesday night against the Faroe's.

P.s what do we expect Levein is a banger and doesnt respect or rate Motherwell, never has, never will do.

That really shows that Levein has no respect for the SPL, with Motherwell sitting top 3, he would still rather play players who are on the bench in the EPL, and not playing week in week out, this was the chance to show our talent we have north of the boarder less those from the Top 2 clubs, really gutted that none of our players got a look in.

The players deserve a chance. Gutted.

How the fuck can Kyle get a call up infrom of Murphy, oh thats right he's a jambo arsehole and so is Levein.

The guy hasnt got a fuckin clue. Reynolds, Murphy and Humphrey deserve a chance to play for the country based on merit, Levein seems to pick his team based on players who have either played for him or who play for his former clubs. Havind said that he will probably set the team up to play an attacking 10-0-0 formation again and make an arse of it again.

what more can reynolds do? he's played in 40 matches for us this year in which we've had 19 clean sheets, that's some achievement but he's been overlooked for danny wilson who has done the square root of he-haw in his career and if i had to wager i'd say he's much more likely to go down as another liverpool transfer fuck up than become an epl regular.

murphy is a class act and it won't be long until it's impossible to leave him out the squad, it tells you all you need to know about the scotland manager that jamie was selected ahead of goodwillie in both u21 play off games, scored in one and hit the post in another but the DAB thug gets the nod from levein. humphrey has been in great form recently but so have burke and commons and they deserve to be in before chris.

on the one hand i'm gutted for jamie and especially mark but on the other i'm quite happy that our players are staying well clear of that speccy jambo cu.nt.

he definitely deserves the chance. craigan has been a great servant for northern ireland and has put in great performances against italy, spain, england, sweden and others. surely if craggs can manage it mark can as well?

darren barr got a chance ahead of him which was a joke. babyheid getting a call up ahead of him was a joke and now danny wilson :)

if anyone can explain why wilson deserves to be in the squad can they please enlighten me?

To see Kevin Kyle get a call up over Murphy is very very disappointing!!

Surprised Murphy hasn't been given a chance. Not saying it is right or I agree but not shocked in thw slightest Reynolds and Humphrey haven't been included. Reynolds will no doubt be in like a shot as soon as he gets his move :)