A Defenders Dream

the fox

Hmm, perhaps the defence of Inverness and Dundee Utd against whom he scored and St Mirren for whom his introduction cost them at least a point, might disagree with that call.

I quite like Gow actually. He's not going to be every punter's cup of tea and I don't doubt he is really going to try the patience of the best of us at times.

But I do think he's got something about him. There's some craft and trickery in there and an ability to sneak a goal here and there that makes him worth keeping about.

Not quite sure his best position is as a central striker mind you but an ability to play there and wide in our squad can't be overlooked either.

And besides every goal he scores for us is like a dagger through the heart of my Airdrie mates who absolutely idolised him when he played for them.

bad news. he must have woken up to how shite he is.

ALAN Gow wants to sort out his Motherwell future before New Year with the on-loan striker's contract due to expire in January.

The frontman has struck up a great partnership with fellow loan man Nick Blackman to help fire the club up the SPL table and into the Co-operative Insurance Cup semi-finals.

But Gow's Fir Park future remains uncertain. Following his side's 2-1 defeat away to Hibs he said: "I've spoken to the manager but the club will dictate what happens.

"At the moment they don't have much to spend. I am out of contract on January 15, the manager wants me to stay, I'd like to stay but we don't know what the finances will be like.

"Hopefully I can get it sorted. I need to stay fit and play football."

Gow, an ex-Hibee himself, missed a glorious chance to level for Well when his side were 2-1 down but more worryingly he was involved in a sickening clash of heads with Francis Dickoh that saw the African stretchered off. He said of that incident: "I've got a bit of a sore head because I took a whack myself. But thankfully I'm all right.

"The ball was there to be won, it was just a clash of heads and he came off the worst."

Gow was gutted at the defeat and said: "They got a great result against Rangers and we knew they would have more confidence about them but we didn't play well enough.

"We were better in the second half but the difference was Derek Riordan. When he gets a chance he usually finishes.

"We didn't take our chances. We had most of the possession in the second half and the boys are saying Steven Saunders's goal should have stood. It looked onside but that's life.

"There's no point in moaning about it. Hibs are a massive club and will be involved in the fight for third with us.

"We were in that position but we've lost it now. It's up to us to pick ourselves up and make sure we're ready for the next game."

we need at least one midfielder in january. please don't let brown waste all our money on this chancer.

ALAN Gow wants to sort out his Motherwell future before New Year with the on-loan striker's contract due to expire in January.

The frontman has struck up a great partnership with fellow loan man Nick Blackman to help fire the club up the SPL table and into the Co-operative Insurance Cup semi-finals.

But Gow's Fir Park future remains uncertain. Following his side's 2-1 defeat away to Hibs he said: "I've spoken to the manager but the club will dictate what happens.

"At the moment they don't have much to spend. I am out of contract on January 15, the manager wants me to stay, I'd like to stay but we don't know what the finances will be like.

"Hopefully I can get it sorted. I need to stay fit and play football."

Gow, an ex-Hibee himself, missed a glorious chance to level for Well when his side were 2-1 down but more worryingly he was involved in a sickening clash of heads with Francis Dickoh that saw the African stretchered off. He said of that incident: "I've got a bit of a sore head because I took a whack myself. But thankfully I'm all right.

"The ball was there to be won, it was just a clash of heads and he came off the worst."

Gow was gutted at the defeat and said: "They got a great result against Rangers and we knew they would have more confidence about them but we didn't play well enough.

"We were better in the second half but the difference was Derek Riordan. When he gets a chance he usually finishes.

"We didn't take our chances. We had most of the possession in the second half and the boys are saying Steven Saunders's goal should have stood. It looked onside but that's life.

"There's no point in moaning about it. Hibs are a massive club and will be involved in the fight for third with us.

"We were in that position but we've lost it now. It's up to us to pick ourselves up and make sure we're ready for the next game."

hes not on loan.. we signed him on a 6 month contract from being a free agent

Whether or not Gow has skill he obviously thinks a lot of himself how after a gutless display like he had in Leith he has the bare faced temerity to question team mates inability to deny Derek Riordan space.He can eff off as soon as :wank:

very harsh i think he is beginning to come on to a bit of form, he needs games to sharpen up, that said it was a bad miss on saturday but every motherwell player has been guilty of that at some time. Motherwell just need to find a bit of concistency and string a run of wins together we managed it last season about this time, no reason why we can't do it again.

If blackman goes back to blackburn in Jan and we lose Gow then we are in trouble for strikers surely (only really leaving Murphy and Sutton)?

Not heard much of the youngsters coming through for up front. Anyone got any info?

For that reason and the fact that he seems to do well when he comes on I would try and keep him for the rest of the season at least.

i heard broon on clyde 1 earlier saying if blackman leaves in january then hes already got a striker lined up to replace him but his priority is keeping blackman for the rest of the season
In the Evening Times he says:

“But if he did go, it would give the likes of Esteban Casagolda a chance. There are always other players out there that we can look at.”

Some shite posted on here, Gow is a very decent player. Seems a wee bit to likely to do to much by himself but he ap layer I'd be disappointed to lose. Him, Murphy, Blackman are 3 I hope we see playing at least to the end of this season and realisticaly hopefully Gow and Murphy beyond this season.