A Defenders Dream

the fox

the curse of alan gow strikes again. ever since he came into the team we've been getting worse. some might be impressed with a few nice touches and and dribbles but the end result has been hee-haw and the team as whole are suffering. murphy is the future of the club and a far better all round player than the jonah but he gets stuck out wide and pulled early while gow gets to saunter about doing whatever the fuck he wants.

it's not a co-incidence that our best performance by miles recently came when gow was out of the team. we've got matchwinners already in blackman, humph and murphy, we don't need a guy who seems to think the full point of us winning possesion is so he can run at 4 defenders.

alan gow gtf

the curse of alan gow strikes again. ever since he came into the team we've been getting worse. some might be impressed with a few nice touches and and dribbles but the end result has been hee-haw and the team as whole are suffering. murphy is the future of the club and a far better all round player than the jonah but he gets stuck out wide and pulled early while gow gets to saunter about doing whatever the fuck he wants.

it's not a co-incidence that our best performance by miles recently came when gow was out of the team. we've got matchwinners already in blackman, humph and murphy, we don't need a guy who seems to think the full point of us winning possesion is so he can run at 4 defenders.

alan gow gtf

Perhaps a touch stronger than I would have put it but I haven't been impressed by him. Different player admittedly but I'd have Sutton in the first eleven before Gow.

alan gow gtf

Possibly a hint of truth in that. Especially the part in bold.

Strange how everyone around me at the game yesterday was full of praise for Gow and he created some wonderfull chances in the last 30 minutes when hewas moved to a more natural position. I also thought he helped Ross Forbes to the best contribution we have seen for a while. That wee gobshite Cregg got a roasting from Gow that I have never seen in all the games he has played against us. Lost count of the number of times he was turned inside out.

Gow also released Humphrey to create 2 really good chances as well as playing a sublime wall pass which he shot just past.

What else do some of the people on here want?

Strange how everyone around me at the game yesterday was full of praise for Gow and he created some wonderfull chances in the last 30 minutes when hewas moved to a more natural position. I also thought he helped Ross Forbes to the best contribution we have seen for a while. That wee gobshite Cregg got a roasting from Gow that I have never seen in all the games he has played against us. Lost count of the number of times he was turned inside out.

Gow also released Humphrey to create 2 really good chances as well as playing a sublime wall pass which he shot just past.

What else do some of the people on here want?

A wee bit of stubble

Rugged Good Looks

Wee Short Hairy Legs

Throwin yeself into challenges (not necessariliy winning the ball)

Running round in circles looking busy

That's the template for MFC manlove and acceptance

Gow had a good game yesterday,so much so that i gave him my man of the match vote.

However, i do think that the team is struggling with him in it. As someone else said, i also think it's not a co-incidence that our best performance recently came when Gow wasnt in the team.

I think for the next game, Sutton and Forbes should come back in, and have the option of Gow to bring on from the bench. Harsh dropping him after my MoTM award, but i am sure he'll cope. Its about the team, and the team has played better when he isnt in it.

For me, the problem is Hateley. Great playing as a sitting midfielder in front of the defence, but as part of a 2 man midfield, he hasnt had a good game yet. Was much more to blame for yesterday than Gow

A wee bit of stubble

Rugged Good Looks

Wee Short Hairy Legs

Throwin yeself into challenges (not necessariliy winning the ball)

Running round in circles looking busy

That's the template for MFC manlove and acceptance

You forgot given away needless fouls constantly that always cost us.

Wow, this is Pathetic. All the folks on this forum do is moan and degrade the players. I was at the Hibs Game and Gow did well. in Fact the only bad thing he done was not score from an extremely tight angle with a header.

You might be failing to see some posts containing some sarcastic humour / irony

Wow, this is Pathetic. All the folks on this forum do is moan and degrade the players. I was at the Hibs Game and Gow did well. in Fact the only bad thing he done was not score from an extremely tight angle with a header.

The miss at Hibs was bad, he should have done better from 2 yards out :nod: That said i think he is a good player and given time he will be a real asset to motherwell. The whole team were poor against St mirren, We are missing lasley in midfield, Hatley cannot play there, so until Lasley is fit i would have a middle 4 of Humphrey, Jennings, Forbes and Gow that would give us a bit of pace down each side.

Murphy was poor on Saturday but if Blackman stays beyond January then that could be a good pairing up front, with Sutton as an option.

The miss at Hibs was bad, he should have done better from 2 yards out :wank: That said i think he is a good player and given time he will be a real asset to motherwell. The whole team were poor against St mirren, We are missing lasley in midfield, Hatley cannot play there, so until Lasley is fit i would have a middle 4 of Humphrey, Jennings, Forbes and Gow that would give us a bit of pace down each side.

Murphy was poor on Saturday but if Blackman stays beyond January then that could be a good pairing up front, with Sutton as an option.

re the now legendary Hibs 'miss' - He was wide of the goals not right in front of them - watch it again FFS. He needed to try and knock it sideways, not forwards.

Why does everybody forget that Fitzy came in and ddi 'poster boy's' job pretty well (then gets fuck all of a sniff)

Craig Brown has done really well this year in many many areas.

However I don't think it's perfection.

Allowing the long high punt (particularly vs Hibs twice)

Failing to bring the right players in, in the right positions to cover the odd injury.

Playing players out of position (Gow, Sutton, Hateley (LB), Forbes)

Not changing things in time during a game

Not giving fringe players game time to freshen things up (Hutch, McHugh).

Not rewarding players who have come in and done a job with a starting berth in the next game (Page / Fitzy being 2 that immediately spring to mind)

St Johnstone was a big success then . . . . . . . what?

Time's are good - but they could be even better.

For obvious reasons i don't get to the games these days but by all accounts Hatley is total pants in midfield & unless we have Jennings & Lasley in midfield we struggle. As would appear likely Jennings will be off next year when his contract runs out & Lasley not getting any younger it looks like getting new midfielders for next year will be priority. In that context is Gow an asset?

For obvious reasons i don't get to the games these days but by all accounts Hatley is total pants in midfield & unless we have Jennings & Lasley in midfield we struggle. As would appear likely Jennings will be off next year when his contract runs out & Lasley not getting any younger it looks like getting new midfielders for next year will be priority. In that context is Gow an asset?

The overall performance and 4-0 vs St Johnstone says otherwise Ian

The overall performance and 4-0 vs St Johnstone says otherwise Ian

Can't disagree as i said i can only go on what other people say & the buzz around here seems to be Lasley is the Chosen One. Now i admit i take such views with a pinch of salt but im not in a position to put up a different view. The general opinion is that the whole team played very well against St Johnstone without Lasley so is he as important as people make out? I honestly dont know but im interested if Gow is an asset to what could be an understrength position next year. If he is going to be then we really should be doing our best to keep him.

Should CB put out the team that beat St Johnstone, V Hearts this weekend?

As Ian has said for obvious reasons we don't get to the games these days so we can only go on what other people say on here and that is Jennings & Lasley in midfield seems to work well and Hateley should never play for Motherwell again? a bit harsh as when I can, I listen to the BBC for the 'Well games and it seems the 'Well and these palayers are palying good football...and yet we get the moaning myrtles saying Hateley, Gow Forbes, etc, are crap???

Anyway if the game is played this weekend we get the chance to see it on TV on monday afternoon.