St Mirren Vs Motherwell Nov 20th Thread

David

We were poor today. Good turn out from Motherwell for the game.

Our defence looked incredibly shaky, Hately is a full-back, not a midfielder.

Plus points - Gow is getting fitter and looks comfortable on the ball, screamer of a goal, Forbes and Sutton played well when they came on.

We played our best football towards the end, couple of great moves when Humphrey finally got some service down the right. Could have nicked it, probably should have.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stewarding in the first 15 minutes today was the worst I have seen at any ground in my entire 15 years watching football, "Mark Rodgers" the fat c**t steward that threw a wee boy out for genuinely nothing, no reason at all was shocking. His reasoning? "Because I can". Polis even conceded after half time that it was a joke and there was no reason for it.

Very disappointing about the stewarding mate. TBH incidents like this have been getting talked about recently on our forum, I just posted your comments, not sure what can be done but something should be, it's a disgrace these half wits are allowed to drag a clubs name down. Our stewards are not alone, it seems to be a growing problem. :thumbup:

Wasn't there today but a point in Paisley is a point gained. I've seen some CRAP performances there from us over the years and im delighted we've turned a defeat into a draw. As for our next 2 home games against Hearts and Killie it's a draw and a defeat coming up folks -_- . We're usually crap at home to pish Killie teams includind their reserve team 2 seasons ago who comfortably gubbed us and this team now is not bad and Hearts have got their act together too unfortunately.

The games we have dropped points in this year outside the OF are the bottom four in the SPL, Hamilton, Aberdeen, Hibs x 2 and now St Mirren. These are the games we really should be winning if we want to push for Europe again. We play well against teams that let us play football but any game against a big physically strong team we are struggling.

Hopefully the games against Hearts and Killie will see us back to form and getting results.

Pretty scunnered by the result and it was a draw. Defeat would have been crushing although it felt a wee bit like that. Felt before the game we needed to win and at the end of the match felt we just shaded it. Like last week we were the better team in the second half but didn't trouble the keeper too often. 3rd to 5th in seven days is a wee bit sore especially when every one of our remanining games in 2010 could be a problem. Rightly or wrongly Brown could be entering his first real period of criticism.

You could have nicked it to be honest as the game went on, all in all, not a disaster.

Onwards and upwards, see ya all soon..........good luck in the next few weeks, watch out for Killie, the've found form from somewhere in the last few weeks. -_-

Lennon has turned you into a better side than you had last year imo. Didn't think I would say THAT. Still think it will be between you and Accies for the drop though. In saying that I have seen every team in the SPL thois season and Accies are by far the worst imo.

We were poor today. Good turn out from Motherwell for the game.

Our defence looked incredibly shaky, Hately is a full-back, not a midfielder.

Plus points - Gow is getting fitter and looks comfortable on the ball, screamer of a goal, Forbes and Sutton played well when they came on.

We played our best football towards the end, couple of great moves when Humphrey finally got some service down the right. Could have nicked it, probably should have.

Agreed about Hateley. For me he is on the park because he can play at RB (if required) as well. Will be interesting to see what happens when Lasley comes back. I don't think Hateley willdrop to the bench. Brown will find a way to include him in the centre.

Don't agree about Gow. Just don't see it I'm afraid.

It's his lack of pace that will see him struggle to be a regular in the team though. Quite rightly as well in my opinion. Look at Paddy McCourt. Arguably the most talented player in the league but even when not injured he can't hold down a permanent place in the Celtic team. Pretty much for the same reason as Forbes.....not the best cardiovascular conditioning. I have seen mention on here that Forbes is asthmatic. I have also read somewhere (on here?) that McCourt likes a snout. Whether either is true I don't know.

The first 70 minutes was as good an advert for never going to watch Motherwell at St Mirren as you're likely to see. Absolutely turgid stuff. When oh when are the people in charge going to realise that Hateley CANNOT play in midfield! I honestly believe he is costing us points when he plays there. I thought Craigan had another very shaky game. Fair play to St Mirren. they are pish, but won every 50/50 going and threw themselves at headers and generally looked more "up for it" than wee did. This is an ongoing problme with Motherwell in my opinion. Th game changed on Hateley getting taken out of the midfield and surprisingly Forbes was very good when he came on. Disappointing overall though and yet more points dropped against the teams at the bootom. I can't remember when this wasn't the way though.

I really hope Lasley is back for next week and some of the others give themselves a shake also.

Two other talking points. Firstly Higdon should've went after he chopped Murphy could've had no complaints. Secondly, the stewards. We all saw how the entire Celtic support were allowed to stand and belt out their usual shite plus about 20 invade the pitch last week. Obviously smarting from being told to let them do as they wanted, they seemed determined to make up for it today. Constant harrassment of the singing section, all of whom were just young guys, and whilst some were clearly no angels, they were singing supporting their team. Not content with finally throwing one of them out, they then took it in turns to speak to various other fans for apparently no reason. What a bunch of double standards shitebag bastards.

We struggled for most of the 1st half although could have taken the lead when a free kick took a deflection and hit the Midden post. The cross from McGowan for their goal was a peach, but as usual our defending at cross balls left a lot to be desired.

St Mirren had a couple of chances to score a second but big bad Nick scored an effin beauty. From there on in we could and perhaps should have shaded it. For me Higdon should have walked earlier but as usual the ref bottled it.

Other plus points were Forbes when he came on and Gows performance in the last 30 mins. Yes he was gash for the 1st 60, but showed glimpses of why he is/was a talented footballer. Craigie Broon got his subs right and whilst I groaned at seeing Forbes come on, he really was a useful addition and looked an accomplished footballer.

I will take the point after being 1-0 behind, but folk are right to point out that we are dropping points to teams that are average at best if not pretty woeful. Hamilton look like they may not win another game this season yet won at Fir park. Hibs lost again today but have beaten us twice and as for Aberdoom......these lapses could and probably will come back to haunt us.

Tom Hateley yet again nearly sold the jerseys, clearly never a midfield player in a million years as evidenced with Forbes cameo, he was fantastic. Changed the game, if we can get a good hour of him in centre mid most weeks, we'd do just fine.

Thought everyone had a poor game today, Blackman's goal aside, he was woeful and had a Clarkson-esque first touch on more than one occassion where he could have scored. A poor day at the office which i'll put down to it being St Mirren we were up against and them always having our number.

HUGE game next week and three points is a must.

Hitlers like that will drive more folk from the game than bad results, or poor football. Those in power really need to sort this crap out now.

Without making this into a soap I have made similar posts on our site. The behaviour of stewards in most grounds leaves a lot to be desired. There seems no common set of rules and selective action being taken.

Lets not forget, every club has supporters who are, at best, best left in the pub, ( os shouldn't be allowed out of the house) and the stewards have a difficult job but inconsistant behaviour leaves them wide open to criticism.

Time all clubs had an agreement that all stewards followed and a method of monitoring these people.

Without making this into a soap I have made similar posts on our site. The behaviour of stewards in most grounds leaves a lot to be desired. There seems no common set of rules and selective action being taken.

Lets not forget, every club has supporters who are, at best, best left in the pub, ( os shouldn't be allowed out of the house) and the stewards have a difficult job but inconsistant behaviour leaves them wide open to criticism.

Time all clubs had an agreement that all stewards followed and a method of monitoring these people.

Spot on... for an away fan! -_-

the stewards were dicks the day and the fat guy was out of order but..

if you want to see the full game then it's not hard to make sure you don't get chucked out. the lads in the singing section seem to enjoy a bit of a clash with the stewards and there will always be a couple of unlucky people that get fucked out. i don't like seeing anyone getting chucked out at fir park but when you go away it's their t and c you're agreeing to going in which is nothing to do with us and if you noise up the stewards your running the risk of being fucked out.

the boys down the front right gave the team a cracking support today though and big nick clearly appreciated it. the folk sitting behind them greeting about the standing need to get a grip, why sit there to begin with if that bothers you?

The stewarding in the first 15 minutes today was the worst I have seen at any ground in my entire 15 years watching football, "Mark Rodgers" the fat c**t steward that threw a wee boy out for genuinely nothing, no reason at all was shocking. His reasoning? "Because I can". Polis even conceded after half time that it was a joke and there was no reason for it.

As for the game, shite. Nick Blackman won us a point today with an absolutely wonderful goal, theres no chance hes going to be here beyond his initial loan.

The wee guy that got chucked out was my mates son, The fat wank told them to sit down and then we got a free kick when loads of people stood up and he picked on him. The police told us they won't be charging him with anything as they didn't see anything wrong but when they are asked to remove someone by the stewards then they will very rarely refuse.

I even spoke to this Mark Rodgers at half time and suggested to him that he be more aware of his body language which was aggressive and confrontational and guess how he reacted..............by being aggresive and confrontational. Go figure

So Ross Forbes comes onto a game and plays in his natural position and plays well..... shock horror. He wasnt stuck out on the wing have to track up and down not throwing himself into tackles and subsequently getting hassle from the East Stand thereby losing confidence.

The boy is clearly a central midfielder who given the right position could change/win games with his technical ability. If he was playing in La Liga or Serie A he would be well at home due to his style and ability on the ball. Give him a run in the middle and I think we would reap the rewards.

So Ross Forbes comes onto a game and plays in his natural position and plays well..... shock horror. He wasnt stuck out on the wing have to track up and down not throwing himself into tackles and subsequently getting hassle from the East Stand thereby losing confidence.

The boy is clearly a central midfielder who given the right position could change/win games with his technical ability. If he was playing in La Liga or Serie A he would be well at home due to his style and ability on the ball. Give him a run in the middle and I think we would reap the rewards.

You could easily change Ross Forbes for Charlie Adam and that paragraph would also ring true! Stuck on the left at Rangers,ridiculed by his own fans,got hassle cause he was too slow/lazy/unfit and can only hit a free kick. Now he`s playing in his actual position,is a regular in the Permiership,regular for Scotland and worth in excess of 5 million quid. If Brown would play him in his best position instead of trying to shoehorn his flavour of the month in when he`s clearly a right back we might see a proper return on Forbes

The wee guy that got chucked out was my mates son, The fat wank told them to sit down and then we got a free kick when loads of people stood up and he picked on him. The police told us they won't be charging him with anything as they didn't see anything wrong but when they are asked to remove someone by the stewards then they will very rarely refuse.

I even spoke to this Mark Rodgers at half time and suggested to him that he be more aware of his body language which was aggressive and confrontational and guess how he reacted..............by being aggresive and confrontational. Go figure

Find out who the chief steward was and make a complaint against it. Customer service is always meant to be number 1.

You could easily change Ross Forbes for Charlie Adam and that paragraph would also ring true! Stuck on the left at Rangers,ridiculed by his own fans,got hassle cause he was too slow/lazy/unfit and can only hit a free kick. Now he`s playing in his actual position,is a regular in the Permiership,regular for Scotland and worth in excess of 5 million quid. If Brown would play him in his best position instead of trying to shoehorn his flavour of the month in when he`s clearly a right back we might see a proper return on Forbes

This would allow hateley to play RB he's never a centre mid thats for certain, we play so much better when we have the link up play through the middle.

We can all see it so the manager must also see it. Also why oh why is Humphrey left isoated on the wing so often it happened with Jim O Brien also, players are toiling in midfield when the player is open on the wing and we don't send the pass.

Same old same old. Our inability to keep a clean sheet, especially against some teams who couldn't score a slate is continuing to kill us.

IMO the main reason for this is our two centre backs Craigan and Reynolds. Stephen Craigan should have been thanked for his valuable contribution to the club and then replaced at least a couple of seasons ago and Mark Reynolds has shown no real improvement in two seasons now - as witnessed by the fact that nobody has shown the least interest in signing him.

Two soft goals lost at Easter Road last week and another one yesterday. Its high time Craig Brown got the defence sorted because its putting too much pressure on the other end of the team.

It pisses me off big time that he's twice had a go at Nick Blackman despite the fact the guy's goals record is second only to Kenny Miller and the main reason we have been picking-up points and yet Craigan and Reynolds never get mentioned for the shite performances they are turning in.

Been battling the flu all week so decided not to go yesterday which is very unlike me, however from what I gather we didn't play as we can and got an away point. We've done very well away from home so far but I'll never sniff at an away point against anyone. We've got to accept that Motherwell are not going to play at their best every game and the difference between top six and bottom or 3rd and 5th will be how many points we nick when we're struggling. And yesterday's was a biggy. And have we ever had anyone who has scored in SEVEN away league games in a row before.

It pisses me off big time that he's twice had a go at Nick Blackman despite the fact the guy's goals record is second only to Kenny Miller and the main reason we have been picking-up points and yet Craigan and Reynolds never get mentioned for the shite performances they are turning in.

Good point. We do have options for defence on the bench aswell. Can't see Craigan or Reynolds ever being dropped though.

Same old same old. Our inability to keep a clean sheet, especially against some teams who couldn't score a slate is continuing to kill us.
St. Mirren have scored more goals at home this season than Accies, St. Johnstone, Hibs, Dundee Utd and the same number of goals as ICT. So, I think we are kidding ourselves if we think they can't find the back of the net (at least in Paisley).

Agree with the rest of what you said though.