Season Ticket Sales

Taff

Every season you usually here murmurs about sales being up at this time of the year but crowds don't ever seem to go up so I'd imagine we sold abbut as many as we usually do, and if they are up it because people are being canny and getting the season rather than paying week in week out.

another popoular thread !!! :thumbup:

Probably just down to the fact that folk simply don't know.

In all my time supporting Motherwell I don't ever them releasing an exact figure of season books sold. I've seen the odd percentage increase quoted - like one eaststandfan reports from the half-season sales article on the official but I think you'll struggle to find the club giving out a concrete figure of number of season tickets punted.

there should be a thread on here from last season where leeann dempster outlined the numbers in each stand and how many season ticket holders there were and how many attended one game (i think was the rangers 0-0 last september).

here it is

Many have asked about the home crowd on Saturday so I thought you might like to know some of the numbers. Be clear, I am not commenting one way or the other. What is posted below is a what we have logged coming through the turnstiles.

Cooper normally has 799 season ticket holders - 651 came on the day. In addition to the 651 who came along a further 109 bought tickets

East normally has 1,328 season ticket holders - 1,304 came on the day. In addition to the 1,304 who came along a further 411 bought tickets

POD normally has 386 season ticket holders - 360 came on the day. In addition to the 360 who came along a further 182 bought tickets.

The above excludes hospitality and member tickets in the POD and Cooper - these consist of areas such as the Millenium, Centenary and Cooper Boxes where we have approx 200 members total.

If you took an average of the above then approx 8% or thereabouts of season ticket holders did not attend on the day, the vast majority of which sit in the Cooper.

there should be a thread on here from last season where leeann dempster outlined the numbers in each stand and how many season ticket holders there were and how many attended one game (i think was the rangers 0-0 last september).

here it is

thats brilliant mate. thank you.

here it is

so for that game only 700 ish home fans bought tickets and the rest is season tickets?

Evening,

I am more than happy to answer any questions on ticket numbers directly. The answer to the question regarding number of season tickets sold is as follows:

Just over 3,200 sold this year, up an amazing 13% yoy, much of which is down the the reinvigoration of the cooper and the family deal. I can't remember off the top of my head tonight the split by stand but I will check this at some point next week and post.

Our overall strategy to include supporters, the relaunch of all things community and generally working to bring new supporters (importantly kids) is starting to look as though it is working...

Happy to comment if you want more info.

Leeann

Evening Leeann

The Cooper deal is the best deal the club has launched for a long time for a family and also for everyone who had an issue before with the Cooper being handed over to the old firm, with that happening we were never going to become a family friendly club and now we are heading in the right direction.

I am enjoying taking my girls to the games and sitting in the stand I did with my father, they are slowly becoming hooked on coming to Fir Park on a regular basis and if this scheme was not introduced I doubt they would have been as funds were limited to come to games. I e mailed you last season about the xmas period and the expense, I won't need to worry about it this year with us having our season tickets.

I know it's been discussed before, but wouldn't a deal similar to the one being offered by Clyde be worth looking at for the future?

Today sees the launch of Clyde's season tickets for 2010-11 and it marks the introduction of a remarkable deal for all those keen to follow the Bully Wee.

On price alone it seems that Clyde cannot be matched by any SFL club with the following amazing prices...

Adult - £99

Senior Citizen & Students - £49

Under-18s - £29

Under-16s - £9

However, the good news does not stop there. Each season ticket will also include a series of discount vouchers for kids’ entertainment, stores, a range of restaurants and much more.

18 companies in Cumbernauld and Rutherglen have backed the Bully Wee in trying to bring the best possible value for all those ready to support Clyde in the season ahead.

The deals for Clyde FC season ticket holders are:

• Adventure Planet: 2-for-1 entry

• Bombay Dreams: 15% off a la carte menu all season

• Gala Bingo: Free afternoon or evening session

• KFC: 20% discount all season

• Pro Bowl: Kids Bowl free all season

• Subway*: Save up to £1.50 on 6" meal all season

• Broadwood Farm: 2 courses for £5 Monday to Saturday

• Pizza Hut: 50% discount on take-away as well as 2-for-1 on main meals and FREE kids ice cream all season

• McDonald's: Big Mac or McChicken Sandwich and medium fries for £1.99 all season

• The Smiddy Inn: 25% off all food all season

• Arnold Clark: One free valet and Health Check or an MOT for £35

• Stuart Paton Butcher & Dee's Rolls: 10% discount all season

• Westerwood Hotel: Hotel stays, Weddings, Golf & Leisure discounts all season

• Dovecote Beefeater: 20% off before 5pm & 10% off after 5pm

• William Hill*: Free £5 bet

• The Weavers, Condorrat: Kids eat free

• Access NL Leisure: Save £7 monthly or £55 annual (20%)

• Blockbuster Video: 2-for-1 DVD & Game Rental all season

*Includes Rutherglen

The idea is the brainwave of Clyde fan Derek Inglis who has worked tirelessly to bring his dream to reality: "I’ve personally contacted each business and been delighted with their response to get behind the club. I think it represents a tremendous deal for new and existing Clyde fans and I look forward to seeing more and more people supporting the Bully Wee and giving Stuart Millar and the squad the best possible backing for our campaign in the Third Division."

Club chairman John Alexander added, "I think it is a sensational deal and our thanks go to Derek for volunteering and making this venture become a reality. The challenge is now up to the rest of us to get the news of this deal out to as many people as possible. Pricing football at this rate may be considered a folly by some but, in this day and age, we believe it is the right thing to do. The whole package is a fantastic deal which gives individuals and families great value for money."

I'm assuming that the money that Clyde have taken off the retail price of these tickets is being recouped through the companies involved?

A deal like this would see some local companies and shops getting involved as well, which could only be a good thing.

Something like this would certainly be worth looking at I reckon.

Evening,

I am more than happy to answer any questions on ticket numbers directly. The answer to the question regarding number of season tickets sold is as follows:

Just over 3,200 sold this year, up an amazing 13% yoy, much of which is down the the reinvigoration of the cooper and the family deal. I can't remember off the top of my head tonight the split by stand but I will check this at some point next week and post.

Our overall strategy to include supporters, the relaunch of all things community and generally working to bring new supporters (importantly kids) is starting to look as though it is working...

Happy to comment if you want more info.

Leeann

Thats good news lets hope we continue to "get 'em in".

Thanks for the update.

Thats good news indeed. I'd always thought that we had between 2,000 and 2,500 season ticket holders.

Hopefully a few more will invest in half season tickets.

I know it's been discussed before, but wouldn't a deal similar to the one being offered by Clyde be worth looking at for the future?

I'm assuming that the money that Clyde have taken off the retail price of these tickets is being recouped through the companies involved?

A deal like this would see some local companies and shops getting involved as well, which could only be a good thing.

Something like this would certainly be worth looking at I reckon.

Clyde had to do something. They're probably the worst side in our professional set-up. Two successive relegation, and currently sitting bottom of Division three!