Ebay Or Should We Say Mfcbay....

Leeann Dempster

A new idea from the club - not sure if other clubs do anything similar however we intend to set up a trading account on ebay in order for us to auction items of interest to our supporters, money can't buy type items and general memorabilia that is either surplus to requirements or dedicated to raise monies for particular charities (the poppy shirts might be an example of this).

Not only will this raise some much needed funds but it is also a bit of fun and allows supporters who don't live locally and who might not be able to attend events like our end of year kit sale to have the opportunity to buy or bid. We are not sure if this will be successful or not but certainly worth trying out.

As ever I'd be interested to hear your ideas on how we could perhaps develop this and any ideas on what we could offer would be welcome. My thoughts are that we could for example auction off opportunities such as appearing in the official team photograph or the chance be the kit man for the day…these are just ideas that need to be developed.

The monies raised (other than the charity items) will be kept in a separate pot and I will be looking for ideas on how we might spend it.

Look out for items under the banner of mfcbay_officially_motherwell_fc_site

Leeann

I think it is a good idea, speaking as someone who does not live locally to Fir Park. I am always interested in spending my hard earned cash on anything claret and amber, unfortunately it is an illness, so why should Motherwell FC not take advantage.

Could raise many 000's through the course of the season. The official team photo is a crackin idea. When do I get to play in the 1st 11 :wank:

Great idea, though perhaps every now and then a special auction for those of us who can't bid big bucks for things. Perhaps a raffle type auction, fiver a piece, for something special. That way everyone can have a bid now and again.

Get it set up quick and set up an auction for a wean and parent/guardian to join the squad on each of the remaining away games after Christmas. Travel on the team with the team bus, hovver nervously around the dressing room and dugouts pre-match for a bit, before taking your seats thanks to comps provided by the club and back home on the victorious team bus.

Pretty good Christmas present that for your nipper if you managed to swing that one!!

I think this could be a good idea if advertised and marketed properly. Over the years Motherwell have come up with lots of good ideas but have fallen short on what you could say "the final product". If the club do this we must do it really well and really professionally. The raffle option is also a good idea for some things. I would love the chance to spend ninety minutes in the dugout on a match day. How cool would that be. Good to see Leeann running things past the people who matter. US! :evilgrin:

Get it set up quick and set up an auction for a wean and parent/guardian to join the squad on each of the remaining away games after Christmas. Travel on the team with the team bus, hovver nervously around the dressing room and dugouts pre-match for a bit, before taking your seats thanks to comps provided by the club and back home on the victorious team bus. Pretty good Christmas present that for your nipper if you managed to swing that one!!

That's a cracking idea Andy, only thing is, I might need to 'borrow' a nephew now...!!

:(

Get it set up quick and set up an auction for a wean and parent/guardian to join the squad on each of the remaining away games after Christmas. Travel on the team with the team bus, hovver nervously around the dressing room and dugouts pre-match for a bit, before taking your seats thanks to comps provided by the club and back home on the victorious team bus.

Pretty good Christmas present that for your nipper if you managed to swing that one!!

That's a great idea.

As is the eBay profile. I think it makes to just use eBay as it means more exposure and it's likely that most people have access to an eBay and paypal account anyway.

My mate won this for one away game at a raffle at the greatest ever Motherwell team event and he is still waiting on it. :thumbup:

Ok, listened to the comments on names so we have 'rebranded' to MotherwellFCBay

Cheesy but hey, it works.

We are going to try the first item - again not sure how this might work but we are prepared to try it. One of the few games this season where we do not have a Match Sponsor so we have decided to open it up to individual seats. Full sponsor experience only shared...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230552752807

Also, it's our first listing and fairly text heavy. Any ebay fanatics out there who can help make the pages look better then we'd like your advice.

Leeann

Great news! Hopefully a few of those Uncle Phil signature shirts will show up.

Indeed. Those, along with any matchworn 'poppy shirts' on ebay in the next week or so (full advanatge of upcoming Xmas period) and I think the club would do well.

Matchworn shirts, boots, and goalie gloves would be the big sellers outwith the team pic, kitman for the day etc. imo.