Scottish Cup

gdalli10

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take that I suppose. What's the rest of the draw?

Fourth round draw:

Aberdeen v East Fife

Dundee United v Ross County

Queen of the South v Brechin City or Annan Athletic

Montrose v Dunfermline Athletic

Greenock Morton v Airdrie United or Beith

Falkirk v Partick Thistle

Berwick Rangers v Celtic

East Stirlingshire v Buckie Thistle

Rangers v Kilmarnock

Hibernian v Ayr United

Stenhousemuir or Threave Rovers v Stranraer

Hamilton Academical v Alloa Athletic

St Mirren v Peterhead

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Elgin City

Dundee v Motherwell

Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone

Ties will be played on 8th and 9th January 2011

Awkward one but a winnable one.

There's a wrong to be righted from a couple of seasons ago when they beat us at Fir Park in the Scottish Cup and we just didn't show up. We should be capable of taking enough up to fill that stand behind the goals at least.

Really hope its the Saturday. Third round day (Or 4th as it is now) is one of those few special days of the season for me. Where its all about the excitement and anticipation of knowing you are only a few games away from Hampden. The knowledge that you'll travel in good numbers and it'll be that little bit different from the norm.

It loses something if its not the Saturday - and not just several hours extra bevvying time!! There's a whole different feel about a Sunday game and less folk will go too. It's bit like when you have a game on opening day that gets shunted to an early kick-off or the following day, its still good. Just not as good as it could be.

I would hope that the SFA take into account our Sunday semi against Rangers when the scheduling for this happens.

Dundee should on paper be simpler than it would be today as it looks like a number of their squad will be walking in January. However we may show up without Fitzpatrick, Gow and more importantly Blackman.

Could have been much better, could have been much worse. I have said it before and I will say it again, Killie must have the worst luck going. Always seem to draw one half of the OF. By my calculations the last four teams in the bowl were Motherwell, St Johnstone, Dundee, and Hearts. In that respect we have done ok.

However, and it is a big however our recent record against First Division opposition in the Scottish Cup has been very poor.............and one of those defeats was to Dundee.

Away tie means it will be very tricky. Never been in Dens so looking forward to that at least. Fingers crossed it will be the Saturday and not the Sunday we are playing them.

I thought the rule was first out the hat got the Saturday therefore we'll be on the Sunday? I've assumed we'll be on the Sunday all day but could be wrong. Don't see the Glagow clubs, the Edinburgh clubs, Utd, Inverness or Aberdeen being overly troubled which could be good for us as hopefully they can get each other when we get East Stirling or Buckie in the next round. Maybe. That said eight days into the window they could still have some of their bigger names - this will be tough for us. Also, was it Dundee that gave us their friendly with Chievo for us? If it was would be good if we could give them an extra 10% of the gate or something. Obviously assuming we can afford it.

Interesting to see the United were tossed in with Ross County again today!, Third time lucky for County eh!? :thumbup:

United knocked them out the league cup last season aswell I'm sure. so this will be fourth time lucky :O

That aside, a decent draw and hopefully will be a cracking day out :D

I've been waiting a good few years for this tie. Seen us play at Dens twice in the Cup in 1963 and 1988. Drew the first tie 1-1 with Joe McBride scoring with a late precision free kick and lost 2-0 in 1988. Many posters will recall these games.

This will be a tricky tie though as Dundee have many wrongs to right. The whole of Scottish football, including MFC, is against them and this is their chance to stick one on us. Mediocre first division players could morph into world beaters for 90 minutes. One thing in our favour is that Dundee may be overconfident. Many Dee fans are already looking forward to the 5th round draw.

Lets just accept that Dundee may be favourites and we'll do our talking on the pitch.

Shock horror Motherwell drawn away in the Scottish cup! :thumbup: Never seen that before. Good chance of getting pumped out due to our recent record against first division teams. But could be worse like Kilmarnock & St johnstone's ties.

Have to feel sorry for the non league teams getting shitey draws. A great opportunity for them and their fans to have a great day out & experience the"big" time but instead they got very unglamorous ties.

As a side note does anyone know what happens if Dundee don't exsist by match time? Is it just an automatic bye?

The 1963 Scottish Cup Replay was at Dens Park on the following Wednesday.

But as Dens Park didn't have floodlights, kickoff was at 3pm.

A crowd of us dogged the school, hired a bus and went up only to get beat 4-0.

It was a wee bit different to see a 50 seater bus, full of 'well supporters leaving from a school,the rest of the pupils and a coupla teachers looking on.