Ebay

Leeann Dempster

The match sponsorship did not work so we won't try that again.

Some shirts to grab your attention. We have 16 of these available. We have selected Stephen's and Darren's shirts for the live auction. Others available as described.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT

If anyone wants to put a link onto FirParkCorner then I would appreciate it.

LD

To be fair, you were unlucky with the choice of game for the match sponsorship -- I don't expect anybody would want to bid on a match that might well not be happening on the specified date.

For things like the shirts that aren't particularly time-sensitive, you might want to consider more than a 10-day auction to give more people a chance to find them (but obviously that does cost you more).

As another way of getting word out, I presume you still have an email database from the weekly newsletters that stopped being sent out ages ago -- perhaps you could/should publicise the items that way, too? (With appropriate ways to opt-out, of course.)

Was the match sponsorship for the Hearts game not always going to be doomed to failure? Hardly surprising that people will be unwilling to shell out for a match that might not happen. I would have happily shelled out for a few seats for my company if there was a guarantee that there was going to be a game going ahead.

The match sponsorship did not work so we won't try that again.

Some shirts to grab your attention. We have 16 of these available. We have selected Stephen's and Darren's shirts for the live auction. Others available as described.

If anyone wants to put a link onto FirParkCorner then I would appreciate it.

LD

Hi Leeann,

will the rest of the shirts appear on ebay or is there any other way to get them,

Jenny

Surely it would make more sense to run the auction through the official site, or even here? I would grudge bidding £100 (plus 7 p&p) knowing that about a tenner of it isn't getting to MFC. If the club ran it independantly then the option of picking it up at the ground could be included to save postage costs, plus there would be no admin fees.

If admin and resources are the issue, maybe the Trust could help? Surely wouldn't do any harm to try it with a couple of items to see if it worked.

Surely it would make more sense to run the auction through the official site, or even here? I would grudge bidding £100 (plus 7 p&p) knowing that about a tenner of it isn't getting to MFC. If the club ran it independantly then the option of picking it up at the ground could be included to save postage costs, plus there would be no admin fees.

If admin and resources are the issue, maybe the Trust could help? Surely wouldn't do any harm to try it with a couple of items to see if it worked.

Doing both wouldn't be a bad idea Frazzle. That way people who live that bit further away can get their chance to 'win' one through Ebay as well.

Worth a try perhaps, but I'd have thought infrastructure was the main issue. With eBay all the bid management and payment collection is done for you (albeit at some cost). If MFC were doing it on the fishel website, you'd have to pay somebody to add some extra functionality. If they were doing it here, you probably wouldn't be paying much short of a tenner's worth of somebody's time to administer the threads, figure out who'd won what, chase up payments etc. anyway. And a lot of people who might otherwise see it probably never would.

Match sponsorship - accept the comments. We might try a different tact here in future.

Alan has been tasked with putting these items on twitter and facebook as well as online. We will start to promote in the match programme and also make note of the auctions where appropriate. No doubt we'll get better at this as the weeks go on, we don't actively sell on ebay so we are seeing what works. I plan to hand this project over to someone soon to develop.

Some of the items we are considering which would raise more considerable funds are listed below. These are only topline ideas at this stage so don't email me if you don't see all of these through the year!

Mmany more 'iconic' type items are to made available to buy. The rest of the poppy shirts will be available and in general you can make an offer to the club via bids@motherwellfc.co.uk if there is something specific you would like to try and buy.

I think that if we choose well and if managed properly we could generate thousands of pounds across the year, all much needed funds which can go to developing key areas of the stadium and also will help our kit man Alan purchase some items he needs.

In terms of using ebay - you can buy and pick up locally, pay locally etc so avoiding postage and fees. Other options would be cheque or direct card direct to the club. However popular our own website is, ebay is more appropriate and has a bigger reach hence the descision. I have discussed this, looked at the pro's and con's and we think ebay is the way forward.

• Become a registered player amateur player with the club (squad number, website, programme etc) this is dependent on SPL rules but we think do-able
  • Official renaming of a stand (The Robert Smith stand) for a year
  • Train with the team for a day / Be a player for the day
  • Assist the kitman for a day
  • Assist the Press Officer for a day
  • Travel on the team bus to an away game / get hospitality
  • Be a player in the official squad photo in 2011/12
  • Have your own personalised trackside advertising board
  • Be the PA announcer / DJ (I.e. bring your own music / announce the teams etc)
  • Be the very first person to have a new kit
  • Matchday VIP (Ground Tour, meet the players and manager, Meals and Tickets and pick your MOTM)

Match sponsorship - accept the comments. We might try a different tact here in future.

....I think that if we choose well and if managed properly we could generate thousands of pounds across the year, all much needed funds which can go to developing key areas of the stadium and also will help our kit man Alan purchase some items he needs....

....I have discussed this, looked at the pro's and con's and we think ebay is the way forward.

• Become a registered player amateur player with the club (squad number, website, programme etc) this is dependent on SPL rules but we think do-able
  • Official renaming of a stand (The Robert Smith stand) for a year
  • Train with the team for a day / Be a player for the day
  • Assist the kitman for a day
  • Assist the Press Officer for a day
  • Travel on the team bus to an away game / get hospitality
  • Be a player in the official squad photo in 2011/12
  • Have your own personalised trackside advertising board
  • Be the PA announcer / DJ (I.e. bring your own music / announce the teams etc)
  • Be the very first person to have a new kit
  • Matchday VIP (Ground Tour, meet the players and manager, Meals and Tickets and pick your MOTM)

Leeann That list looks a winner there for the local fans, and wont add any extra cost to the club, should work.

But the bottom line is fans turning up at every home game through out the season...that might help Andy with the extra equipment he needs...

re launch the club newsletter.

re launch a MFC membership fan base offering a few discounts, goodies etc.

Lets face it the only way our club will survive is by listening to the fans. We can no longer rely on TV or sponsors money. Connecting with the fans is key to Motherwells future survival. It is our club and we are the people that pump our hard earned cash into it so it is great that the club have realised it and are doing all they can to get us involved again. Well done Leeann and all others involved.

Leeann,

if items are listed on ebay I'd suggest getting the world Motherwell into each items title

Listings always benefit from getting the best search terms in the title, try to think what wifes, husbands, girlfriends, mums, dads, sons & daughters would be typing in to search for gifts for that Dosser relative or indeed what fans themselves would search for?

and as you are looking to reach as big an audience as possible Motherwell would seem to be the primary word and perhaps MFC

and for the current auctions 'SPL' 'matchworn' 'strip' 'signed' 'Craigan' 'Randolph' would be more appropriate than poppy or rememberance to get raise the items profiles given the limited characters allowed in titles