Motherwell V Kilmarnock 04/10/10

delboy

I normally wait for someone else to start these kind of threads but I just wanted to be the first to predict the game would be off due to the wintery weather :thumbup:

what do you think?

you're hours too late, milo the meteorological predicted it would be off at 12:56 in the stewards thread

this is fucking shit. all because councils cant do the job we pay them for and a pathetic police force. :whistling::angry: :angry: Its embarrassing how much we let the snow affect our lives. I honestly think most use it as an excuse.

Bit of a bummer to be honest, but it is better to call off now than at 10am on Saturday. Annoying that this weather has directly affected 2 back to back home games. Why could it not have happened when we were due to play DDEE Utd and Aberdeen away :whistling:

Why have we not had a date for the re-scheduled Hearts game?

No doubt will fall w/c 13th Dec when I am away on business.

Ah feck it :angry:

Makes sense to make an early call so people know what they are doing especially since there is no prospect of the temperature rising. I've got to say having battled to work every day this week having the job of battling to the football doesn't really appeal. Probably the right call.

Pish. No doubt won't be re-sheduled until well into the new year and at a date half of us can't attend. I do feel it's a tad hasty calling the Saturday games off on the Wednesday. Main roads were looking absolutely fine this morning and most of us have made it to work along slippy pavements. I'm sure we could make it along slippy pavements to Fir Park also.

The surrounding streets are awful. I can't get the motor out of the street and I'm only five mins away from the ground.

People have been talking about problems with the trains too, which makes it less than ideal for travelling supporters too. I know Killie don't travel in huge numbers but their support would surely have been boosted by their current form?

Right decision I reckon.

If the council when the snow started came round and gritted and ploughed the roads in and around Fir Park then this game would be on.

Total bollocks that they have cancelled all games at the weekend.

Do the councils not realise that by not clearing the roads they are actually costing the country more than by spending a few thousand more on Grit?

Its a fucking joke.

EDIT - and as for the trains. Well I am sure that it could all be sorted out by Saturday. I bet half the issues with the trains are because Scotrail employees can't get to work and they churn out the old 'Points Faliure' - and why can't they get to work, cos the council haven't cleared the road.

BAWBAGS!

Not too chuffed with this game being off. It makes out run off fixtures look pretty bad. 4 out the next 5 games are away from home aswell as the last 2 games being away. 6 out of 7 doesnt look great and could see us slip down the league even further. Our only home game being against Rangers.

Wouldnt mind one of the games being re-scheduled in amongst this run to break things up a bit.