(mst) Trust Announce The Return Of Fans Forum

MST

Feedback I've had has been really positive about the quality of the panel and the number of different angles that it covers. A load of the most posted on threads on here are the ones which discuss the media and its treatment of Motherwell/Scottish football in general, the decisions made on the park/off the park by the club and the state of Scottish football/SPL. The majority of these bases are covered.

No one could have predicted what has happened over the last few days and there's a lot of water to flow under the bridge between now and Thursday.

For Leeann -

Why is the club not appealing Jennings straight red card from Tuesday night? Kevin Kyle is clearly seen directing "foul and abusive" language at the linesman. Where is the consistency? if in fact Jennings did indeed use foul and abusive language.

For Neil Doncaster -

Will there actually be an enquiry investigating any inappropriate behaviour regarding Brown and Knoxs move to Aberdeen? Especially considering neither, Browns, Aberdeens nor the agent in questions storys actually match up!

Will Celtics board, management and players ever be punished for all their recent comments regarding bias?

Will Celtic be pressed to make good their promises of banning the fans behind the "Bloostained" banner?

Bill Leckie -

Why do the media only care about any terrible game changing decisions made by referees when it's one of the Old Firm involved?

Why has no-one in the media asked Craig Brown any "difficult" questions regarding his move to Aberdeen? In particular with reference to the very public commital to Motherwell and all the platitudes that went with it.

I didn't go along tonight, although I feel a bit guilty about it. Two things dissuaded me 1) a 120 mile round trip on icy roads and 2) the fact that I'd already driven through to Motherwell this week and I can't justify going through twice.

I know that the Trust organsied the event before the Hearts game was re-arranged but I'm sure a fair few folk are put off going to FP twice in one midweek.

My tuppence worth anyway.

Good night, thanks to all who organised it, quality of questions and responses were really good.

Usual shite Motherwell attendance, apathy also seems to have spread to MST events as well, come on to fuck folks.

Good night. Thought Bill Leckie spoke a lot if sense in respect of the Old Firm and the SPL.

Good to know the managerial vacancy has been popular (over 30 applicants I think was mentioned) and yhat it has been whittled down to the interview process.

Was disappointed about the turnout as well right enough. Maybe be best served to have next years event in September/October so thst Xmas, the weather, etc. isn't a factor.

Thought that Neil Doncaster came across really well, very articulate and able to put across the reasoning behind the Henry McLeish report and recommendations in a very coherent manner.

It makes a lot of sense as to what they are trying to do, just hope that it gets the nod by the teams and we can get moving. At last there seems to be a groundswell of opinion throughout Scottish football from the fans, to the clubs and the people in the SFA and SPL that we have to change things now before our game dies on it's arse for good. Just hope that vested interests are not allowed to get in the way. Not all of the plans will suit every team and some of it Motherwell won't like but it's time to suck it up and do what is best for Scottish football and not just one club. Will be very interesting to see how the vote goes on Monday.

Thought that Neil Doncaster came across really well, very articulate and able to put across the reasoning behind the Henry McLeish report and recommendations in a very coherent manner.

It makes a lot of sense as to what they are trying to do, just hope that it gets the nod by the teams and we can get moving. At last there seems to be a groundswell of opinion throughout Scottish football from the fans, to the clubs and the people in the SFA and SPL that we have to change things now before our game dies on it's arse for good. Just hope that vested interests are not allowed to get in the way. Not all of the plans will suit every team and some of it Motherwell won't like but it's time to suck it up and do what is best for Scottish football and not just one club. Will be very interesting to see how the vote goes on Monday.

But all of the plans will suit two particular clubs.

Good point Fatcalf!! The reform of Scottish Football should in fact be the Reform of the finances of Scottish football!!

10 teams in the league playing each other a minimum of 4 times per season will eventually become the same as the last time BORING PISH :lol:

Neil Doncaster admitted that they way forward should be a bigger league but finances seem to dictate everything these days.

Neil Doncaster admitted that they way forward should be a bigger league but finances seem to dictate everything these days.
That's the short term thinking that will kill our game. An 18 team league would, most likely, be better for 16 of the teams that participate. Certainly, in the longer term, you can see how it would aid the development of the younger players. The problem, as always, is the OF, who want to play each other as often as possible to generate revenue; regardless of the negative impact it has on the game as a whole.

Good point Fatcalf!! The reform of Scottish Football should in fact be the Reform of the finances of Scottish football!!

10 teams in the league playing each other a minimum of 4 times per season will eventually become the same as the last time BORING PISH :lol:

well... aye! Motherwell and most other clubs really struggle to get by. SPL clubs are skint and more games against Ross County instead of more games against Rangers and Celtic just aren't appealing. I know some people will criticise it for being shortsighted but as McLeish said its not financially viable to have more than 10 clubs right now. Teams like Motherwell are working on a season-by-season budget. We don't have the funds to take a hit for a few seasons. We need to maximum funds available every season and right now thats with a ten team league.

The product will be diluted with weaker teams in the league, with TV money maybe going down, and the TV money will be split among more teams in a bigger league.

Ideally I'd like a bigger league with more teams and stadiums to visit but it seems that it's just not possible for a country like Scotland.

well... aye! Motherwell and most other clubs really struggle to get by. SPL clubs are skint and more games against Ross County instead of more games against Rangers and Celtic just aren't appealing. I know some people will criticise it for being shortsighted but as McLeish said its not financially viable to have more than 10 clubs right now. Teams like Motherwell are working on a season-by-season budget. We don't have the funds to take a hit for a few seasons. We need to maximum funds available every season and right now thats with a ten team league.
That is short sighted though. The question isn't "Will we get more fans through the turnstyles against Rangers than Ross County?". The question is "Will we get more fans in total through the turnstyles every season for the next 3 or 4 seasons with a 10 team league or an 18 team league?".

I reckon you will get more people coming to watch Ross County for there one visit to Fir Park than you will for St. Mirren's 2nd (or 3rd).

That is short sighted though. The question isn't "Will we get more fans through the turnstyles against Rangers than Ross County?". The question is "Will we get more fans in total through the turnstyles every season for the next 3 or 4 seasons with a 10 team league or an 18 team league?".

I reckon you will get more people coming to watch Ross County for there one visit to Fir Park than you will for St. Mirren's 2nd (or 3rd).

It's got fuck all to do with the number of fans coming through the gates, the serious money comes from the TV companies end of, and they won't give us the same or any more money if they aren't getting their minimum of 4 old firm games a year.

Like it or not that is what these companies are interested in. This romantic notion of 14/16/18 teams playing each other twice being the nirvana that will rescue Scottish football by all of a sudden being better for football and the quality of football and the fans will come flooding back is just utter shite. The fans will only come back if the product on the park is worth watching and there is some exceitement back on the park and this will take some decent amounts of cash to get some decent players up here again.

The media companies couldn't give a shit about Scottish football or the state of the game up here, they are in business to make money and like it or not this is mostly generated by the old firm as that is what the majority of the population in Scotland (unfortunately), the UK and the rest of the world want to watch. It's just the unfortunate shite economic reality. The SFA and other teams in the league realise this it's about time that the fans got their heads out of their arses and realised this as well.

It's got fuck all to do with the number of fans coming through the gates, the serious money comes from the TV companies end of, and they won't give us the same or any more money if they aren't getting their minimum of 4 old firm games a year.

Like it or not that is what these companies are interested in. This romantic notion of 14/16/18 teams playing each other twice being the nirvana that will rescue Scottish football by all of a sudden being better for football and the quality of football and the fans will come flooding back is just utter shite. The fans will only come back if the product on the park is worth watching and there is some exceitement back on the park and this will take some decent amounts of cash to get some decent players up here again.

The media companies couldn't give a shit about Scottish football or the state of the game up here, they are in business to make money and like it or not this is mostly generated by the old firm as that is what the majority of the population in Scotland (unfortunately), the UK and the rest of the world want to watch. It's just the unfortunate shite economic reality. The SFA and other teams in the league realise this it's about time that the fans got their heads out of their arses and realised this as well.

I have to agree with that

If the fans get bored watching teams play each other 4 times they aren't going to be watching the games on television either. The TV money is only there because it gets bums on seats. Putting the 4th or 5th meeting of teams on telly doesn't magically make it more interesting to watch.

What we as fans want is entertainment on the park!!! We dont care if players are getting paid a fortune or a working mans wage!! Give us a product thats worth watching!!!

Must be getting old but can remember the good old days of going to Starks Park invading the pitch at the end of the game and swinging on the bar!!!

The days when footie was a day oot and fun <_<

I was depressed by Doncaster and Dempster's view on the current standard of play on the field. They seemed to believe the quality was high and the games were worth watching, with Dncaster saying our game is as good as the Championship in England.

Maybe I am looking back with rose coloured glasses but the football now is as poor as I can remember (although I believe not necessarily from Motherwell).

The focus of the administrators appears to be about bringing in TV and sponsorship money but without considering the product on the pitch. Without tackling both we are finished and heading for the Armagedon Neil Doncaster has predicted.

why? most people got to watch their own team not the opposition. due to the split we play teams at different frequencies, the celtic game in august and the aberdeen game in september were only the 2nd visit of these clubs in 18 months and it didn't boost the attendance at all. i don't think how often we play teams is a huge factor in attendance.

if you look at the problems st mirren and accies have in putting a decent team on the park then you have to conclude that adding another six teams with similar or, more likely, less resources plus cutting the resources of every other team would be madness. more teams in the league would result in more teams playing in the stlye of accies and midden.