Motherwell Memories Thread

underboyleheating

We've had mixed results against the Jambos during the December months. I certainly hope there is no repeat of the 3-1 defeat we had on the 14th Dec 1974 (Nice white away kit!). We also lost 2-1 on the 12th Dec 1970. Not all bad as we did thump them 3-0 at Fir Park on the 12th Dec 1959.

Fingers crossed for December the 14th 2010!

n351n7.jpg

thats my brother in the last prog :cheers:

• 8 years later...
9 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Unbelievably, it is TWENTY FIVE YEARS to the day since this game.  My first Euro away trip, and even though we lost it is right up there with my favourite ever Motherwell games

Happy days, it was a great trip still can't believe Tommy Coyne missed that chance,  1 on 1 with Klos and he blew it.  :doh:

It's easy to forget that this was in the days before budget flights and most of our support went by bus. I was on one of the buses that left Fir Park at 11pm  - seemed like a good idea at the time! Cracking trip and Dortmund had some set-up and they've kicked on since then. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daver said:

It's easy to forget that this was in the days before budget flights and most of our support went by bus. I was on one of the buses that left Fir Park at 11pm  - seemed like a good idea at the time! Cracking trip and Dortmund had some set-up and they've kicked on since then. 

Yip - Liz Mullen ran 4 buses, left from the Town Hall, first stop Abington to wait on some idiot who had forgotten their passport - ooops that would have been me :doh:. What a trip it was unforgettable :cheers:. What made it more memorable was the stop at Calais to stock up and someone finding the French equivalent of MadDog 20:20. Watching the guys get more and more drunk, only to find out is was actually Orange Cordial - 0% Alcohol :D.