Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

This from their forum. The usual provisio of it could be a load of shite of course. If Brown does go, he should take some full stops and commas with him, seem on short supply up North...

I have been informed that our first choice was Craig Brown and Archie Knox but since he knocked it back our main aim is now Billy Stark and its " 95% done deal" with the terms all agreed billy stark is just waiting for stewart milne to complete it however stewart milne is still hanging onto Craig Brown reconsiders and if he does then he will get the job but archie knox isnt to keen on the job and this would mean billy stark as assistant manager and keeps his job with under 21s with jim leighton back as gk coach but stewart milne has lleft craig brown with the weekend to reconsider

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couldnt have put it better myself, had enough of the ifs buts and maybes.

See to be honest, we should really just take Browns latest statement which is he's staying as gospel.

You can't hang the man out to dry on the basis of some guy posted on the internet........

If Brown changes his mind though.....

Quite happy for Archie to stay. Then at least we will still have the same motivation, tactics and contacts behind us, but with a Gannonesque personality to give it to the media/refs/old firm etc etc.

Not a bad shout. Problem is I get the fear when I think back to Malpas. Almost put me off the 'Assistant Manager taking the step up' for life.

When did Archie last manage a team?

Not a bad shout. Problem is I get the fear when I think back to Malpas. Almost put me off the 'Assistant Manager taking the step up' for life.

When did Archie last manage a team?

No idea, maybe we could get coup of the century though and bring in Archies old gaffer when he gives McCoist the keys to Castle Greyskull in the summer.

See to be honest, we should really just take Browns latest statement which is he's staying as gospel.

You can't hang the man out to dry on the basis of some guy posted on the internet........

If Brown changes his mind though.....

i know what you mean but from what brown has said there realy isnt much to hold onto in eather direction. each paper reporting somthing different. he has been rather vauge if you ask me. we need an out right answer so we can have some closure eather way.

here is what i think has happened.. ( slightly different from somones previous post)

broon-" haw boyley baws, aberdeen have offered me a job, go give us some money to make the team better nd ill stay"

boyle-" tell you what craig, see what aberdeen say and then ill see what i can give ye"

broon-" beltin, ill hold you to that"

aberdeen " mon way us craig, were well better"

broon " you gonae give us some dosh to sort out that mess mcgoo has left you with?"

aberdeen " naw you will just need tae make do"

broon " nae chance, yer yerself tae fook"

broon" righty boyle baws, i have knocked back the sheep, gonae give us some cash now?"

boyle" nah, i have though about it nd i just dont wana"

aberdeen" ok craig we have thought about and we can give you some money to spend"

broon " ya dancer, smell ya later john ya prick"

Having committed himself to The Well yesterday, he can't uncommit himself 24 hours later.

Yes he can. No contract equals no real legal committment. I would say the fact (as pointed out above) that the Club has now removed the 'Craig Brown Statement' shows that he is;

a) away

b) unsure if he is away

Lets face it though, we're going to lose Gow, Blackman and Fitzy in January and we've no got the money to replace them, we're doing well just now but after we lose them things are gonna go down hill, Craig would be right in my eyes to leave now, while things are still going well and move to a club where he can only make things better.. Aberdeen is a win win for any good manager like Craig Brown

I wouldn't be suprised if he went