Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Broon in an interview being asked about working at Motherwell with no contract, his answer was that Walter Smith was working at Rangers without a contract because he was a Rangers man, and that he[broon] didn't need one because he was a MOTHERWELL MAN , or words to that effect.

Brown's an Accies man. But I think I remember what you're talking about, did he not say something about being from Lanarkshire and it meant a lot to him to be working for the main club in the area?

I'm beginning to think that he must have had a bad day with the Alzheimer's yesterday, it's the only explanation as nobody in their right mind would join Aberdeen now.

Tuesday

Milne: "Broonie, will you join us"?

Brown: "Naw, don't be daft. We're going for Europe again."

Thursday

Milne: "Broonie, will you join us?"

Brown: "Hiya Stewart, not seen you in years pal, how's it going at Aberdeen? Still challenging for league titles and challenging in Europe?"

Milne: "uhh...eh..um...aye"

Brown: "Where's Fergie?"

Milne: "He's...uh....aff to join Man U"

Brown: "Whit? Daft bastard, he'll never win anything there! Aye, I'll join the mighty Dons"

Friday

Brown: "Shit"

Brown apparently has said on Sky that "there's more chance of winning things at Aberdeen than at Motherwell." What the F*ck makes him think that given they have been going backwards for many, many yeras now? Deluded auld fart.

Brown apparently has said on Sky that "there's more chance of winning things at Aberdeen than at Motherwell." What the F*ck makes him think that given they have been going backwards for many, many yeras now? Deluded auld fart.

Mark McGhee thought the same, Rick. Time will tell.

Hello, by the way. It's been a while.

Mark McGhee thought the same, Rick. Time will tell.

Hello, by the way. It's been a while.

It has! Hope things are well. Brown just does not have a clue what he's going to does he? They are a club massively in debt and going nowhere. Bizarre decision.

It has! Hope things are well. Brown just does not have a clue what he's going to does he? They are a club massively in debt and going nowhere. Bizarre decision.

I'm really not qualified to say, mate, I haven't been keeping abrest of events, but I was surprised at the news, that's for sure, and Aberdeen seem to be a club in big trouble. He will have to live with the consequences, just as McGhee did. I hope you get a good replacement and quickly forget about him.

Things are great thanks, never better.

I keep wondering how long it's going to take before people start to realise that this "potential" that Aberdeen have will never be realised while they persist with the core squad, chairman, board and director of football that they currently have. The only way for them to gain success is to either invest a shed-load of money into the club, which they can no longer afford and just isn't sustainable anyway or redevelop the entire club from the ground up, which the fans won't allow the time to do.

Given the proper time, investment and restructuring, I'm sure Aberdeen could grow in stature again but certainly never to the expectations of the fans. No team outside the Old Firm can ever win the SPL without somebody throwing money at them Man City style and even then, there's no guarantee.

To be perfectly honest, I think relegation would be about the only thing that would give those fans and that club the kick up the arse they need to revive themselves even to the level of a team like Hibs.

I keep wondering how long it's going to take before people start to realise that this "potential" that Aberdeen have will never be realised

The problem with "potential" clubs now is money. In the 80s yir Dons and Hibs could compete because it was about talent and football, now, as the Auld Scum and the Premiership have shown, it's about buying your way into comps.

Aberdeen don't have much more money than us, so it IS all about the football and the players there. Who are, in no way, any better than Motherwell.

Aberdeen MIGHT have been a big club at one time, but, fuck, how many are languishing in the bottom of the lower leagues, both here and in England, that used to be too... Leeds? Nottingham Forest? QP?

Tonnes.

Couldn't agree more. Certainly relegation put a rocket right up the Hibs' backsides. Came back a more challenging side.

I keep wondering how long it's going to take before people start to realise that this "potential" that Aberdeen have will never be realised while they persist with the core squad, chairman, board and director of football that they currently have. The only way for them to gain success is to either invest a shed-load of money into the club, which they can no longer afford and just isn't sustainable anyway or redevelop the entire club from the ground up, which the fans won't allow the time to do.

Given the proper time, investment and restructuring, I'm sure Aberdeen could grow in stature again but certainly never to the expectations of the fans. No team outside the Old Firm can ever win the SPL without somebody throwing money at them Man City style and even then, there's no guarantee.

To be perfectly honest, I think relegation would be about the only thing that would give those fans and that club the kick up the arse they need to revive themselves even to the level of a team like Hibs.

Maybe that's part of the manager training programme we put these young guys on.

We give them the experiance and the knowledge and tell them that if they do well a big club will come in for them. :thumbup:

I take it some clown has replaced Manchester Utd with Aberdeen as an example.

The auld erse says.... "

But explaining his change of heart, he told BBC Scotland: "It's being a bit selfish but, when someone offers you a better job, I think it's understandable that we would be tempted.

"Impulsively, we said no because of the fantastic response from the staff, players and fans at Motherwell.

o.gif

"But when asked to reconsider, we did. And I believe everyone has a right to change their mind."

Lies, damned lies, and just complete fibs.....

Lies, damned lies, and just complete fibs.....

He's just a smarmy, lying, two faced old c**t basically. His cuddly I'm a nice old bastard that thinks the best of everybody, general I'm one of the good guy personna has been shown up for what it is a lot of shite. Looks like there basically isn't anybody that can be trusted in football anymore.

The thing is, is keeping a mediocre and apathetic Aberdeen squad away from relegation a better job than trying to guide a committed and talented Motherwell side to their 4th consecutive season in Europe?

People keep describing the Aberdeen job as a step up but the truth is that in footballing terms, it hasn't been a step up since Malpas and even then they were underachieving given their resources at the time.

Found this, pretty much says what I thought......

COMMITMENT OF A CONTRACT

Under Scots law, a contract is an agreement between two or more parties that is enforceable by law. There is no fundamental difference between a “purchase”, an “agreement”, or a “contract”.

A contract can be deemed to have been made by word of mouth, or implied by the action of the parties, even though no formal written contract exists. If the contract contains the essential elements of a legally binding agreement then neither party can escape from its contractual obligations and responsibilities except by mutual consent.

Consequential costs when contracts go wrong can far exceed the “contract value” in some circumstances. Care is therefore required to ensure that contracts are not entered into prematurely or by accident.

Had a wee peek at the Aberdeen forums. They basically amount to saying we didn't sign them, so ha ha. Fair dos, but the annoyance isn't so much at the legality of this situation is it?

So Craig Brown signing for Aberdeen is a major coup in there eyes. Fuck sake how the once (very briefly) great standards have fallen. He will be lucky if he makes his 72nd birthday rather than do anything with that pile of absolute shite that he is going to.

So the lying two faced auld B*st*rd thinks its a better job at Aberdeen, :wallbash: he has not even started yet and he is as dellusional as their fans who think that because they won a few things 30 years ago, they should be title challengers and European contenders.

We heard all this guff when McGhee took over and look how that turned out so lets hope the pair of old arseholes get all that's coming to them. If ever a Motherwell team should be up for a game its next week up there, lets hope we get it right up them.

broon has got his work cut out big time aberdeen are in turmoil and if he doesny get some serious money to play with then hes gonna achieve nothing.theres always a bit of panic when we lose a manager but weve got better players than aberdeen thats a fact so if we can appoint the right manager and keep the squad together and maybe add 1 or 2 in january then theres nothing stopping us having another good season