Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

They are going to get shagged up there anyway.

Aberdeen are shite and Craig Brown and Archie Knox will not change that fact.

If they dont finnish 4th or above each season then the fans wont be happy.

A lot of stress for a 70 year old, a lot of work for a 70 year old. Isnt good.

They will have a wee spurt of form and then the honeymoon period will be over, and then its downhill from there on in.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are going to get shagged up there anyway.

Aberdeen are shite and Craig Brown and Archie Knox will not change that fact.

If they dont finnish 4th or above each season then the fans wont be happy.

A lot of stress for a 70 year old, a lot of work for a 70 year old. Isnt good.

They will have a wee spurt of form and then the honeymoon period will be over, and then its downhill from there on in.

Calderwood wasn't bad with his league positions and his Euro record wasn't bad either. If he had the same record with us he'd be a legend. But they fuckers wanted him oot!

I REALLY HOPE THEY GET RELEGATED!!! I hate them more than hibs noo !!!

I'm utterly bewildered. I've every respect for anyone with ambitions at 70. But going to Aberdeen because "they are a better club"????????

Sadly, the history books will now show Broon had a poor sense of judgement when it came to big decisions.

Aberdeen have had a cancerous atmosphere around them for years now. Brown and Knox will fail - even with all their experience.

I think in spite of a lack of cash, there is enough positivity and skills around Motherwell that we will continue to flourish. We are a better club than Aberdeen.

I am totally devastated. First is remain so Brown and Knox will stay and now I read they are going to Aberdeen. The justification "Aberdeen is the better job," That really is ridiculous.

I just feel only disappointment. The anger is probably yet to come.

Desertion .................

You kidding? It has been a regular comment on this board since yesterday and has been hinted at in this thread.

I thought you were getting at the thread from my last post down :lol:

To be honest I have been busy at work so I have not read every post!

Please accept my apologies !!! :thumbup:

Sky Sports News: To recap Brown calls Motherwell "churlish" for complaining to SPL and says despite that they have the best wishes of the players. He has moved on to a bigger club. Hopes the Motherwell fans feel same way as players.

I doubt it, Craig. No way is an experienced football man THAT naive.

I would have been fine with them going to aberdeen ......just 2 things piss me off

1. All that spiel earlier in the week which made me think that at last we had a manager who was going to stay here and build a team. Of course that turned out to be utter drivel.

2. Why do managers move away from mothewell to "bigger clubs" in the SPL If they had an ounce of belief in their own ability as a manager why would they not stay and make motherwell the bigger club!!!

They are gone now so lets move on. I have nothing against aberdeen.

Just have no respect at all for Craig Brown now.

You kidding? It has been a regular comment on this board since yesterday and has been hinted at in this thread.

See im not so convinced. Many average/decent managers have went up there and did feck all.

I honestly believe a large part of our success was the players we have out of a typical starting 11 only Randolph, Backman and maybe Gow are Brown signings, the rest were here before he arrived.

It should also be remembered that Brown has been in charge of 3 league teams in his 70 year life, and he has the reputation of a management god. With these 3 teams he actually hasnt won anything with the exception of a 2nd Division Championship in 1982. The fans up there will expect to finnish 4th or above next season, give it time, it wont happen.

He is not the Messiah, he is a very naughty boy.

Don't get me wrong I was 100% wrong about McGhee.............I thought he was going to do well up there.

I think under Brown Aberdeen wil finish 7th......which is a massive success at this time. Shrewd auld git can hardly fail with Aberdeen this season. 10th will be success.

The problem Brown will have is when he goes to Milne in the summer to replace the players that will leave and Milne gives him a cheque worth about "2 Aberdeen Angus Steaks and a Packet of Crisps" because once again Milne has been forced to go to the bank and put his Construction Business on the line for Aberdeen Football Club.

Milne must have the gift of the gab or Brown is becoming very naive in his old age if he thinks there will be money to spend to bring in a "quality" of player that say we already have never mind a quality better than we have.

We will ultimately see what happens, but over the course of the last 5 years or so, i have formed the opinion that no matter who does what at Aberdeen, its never good enough.

I think Hearts are the strongest team outwith the top 2 at the moment and with Jeffries there, its difficult to see past them as the third force.

Either way, we are going to pick ourselves up and move on as usual. It seems like there are three tiers to the SPL;

1. The top two, Rangers and Celtic

2. The (apparent) contenders, Hibernian, Hearts, Aberdeen and possibly Dundee Utd.

3. The rest, Motherwell, ICT, Kilmarnock, St. Mirren, St. Johnstone and Hamilton.

We seem to get put into the bottom tier by every pundit talking about us, manager or player wishing to leave us for 'bigger things'.

Ah well, McGhee had a good record with us, and look what happened. As I have said before, i think this job (based on fan and board expectation) is simply too much for a 70 year old.

He's been quick enough to sign a deal at Pittodrie but wouldn't sign one at Fir Park.

Thats because he's not daft. He new he wasn't going to get sacked at Motherwell, so no requirement of a contract, a contract would only dissuade possible suiters as they would have to pay compo to get him.

Aberdeen on the other hand are very likely to sack him if things don't go well. Get a contract around your neck and you are protected for the next 2 and a half years. Shrewd operator!