Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

Hello,

Am I missing the point? Why the hell didn't they just pick up the phone to Windy Miller and say, sorry we are happy at Motherwell, now on your way.

Disappointed that they even gave that clown the time of day.

Glad they are staying though that's the main thing.

GIRUYYSSB

Once approached I wouldn't have expected any less from CB & AK than to meet with Aberdeen. These are two blokes from a different generation who are used to doing business face to face and probably wouldn't want to engage over emails/txts/phone etc...

Or maybe they just wanted to get them in a room so they could have a good laugh before telling them to GTF!!

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Gannon and McGhee go talk to other clubs - they're hoorin' wankers

Brown and Knox do it - they're legends

I think the main difference is that Brown and Knox informed Motherwell of the meeting. I’m not sure if Gannon and McGhee did likewise. Can anyone confirm if Motherwell knew of Gannon and McGhees meetings with other clubs?

So Gannon and McGhee go talk to other clubs - they're hoorin' wankers

Brown and Knox do it - they're legends

Aye very good

Messrs Brown and Knox never lied to all of us by denying they spoke with said club

quite a significant difference

as well as the neverending Muttley celtic/bigger job hooring that went on

I think the main difference is that it's conventional wisdom to think one way about one lot and think another way about the others.

Like I've said many many times - there's more to the wee man than the gentlemanly exterior - including the landing of the post at FP

As long as he keeps us going along nicely, he can be the devil himself as far as Im concerned.

Listening to his interview its obvious he's trying to get some more funds out of Boyle and who can blame him.

If Browns still here come the summer, has taken us to Hampden and maybe even into Europe again, then I dont think we can be too hard on him.

Hello,

Am I missing the point? Why the hell didn't they just pick up the phone to Windy Miller and say, sorry we are happy at Motherwell, now on your way.

GIRUYYSSB

Probably more professional to speak 'man to man', rather than say no thanks over the phone. Good old-fashioned common courtesy as Paw Broon says :P

I hate aberdeen more tha the old firm. They just wont have it wil they.

post off there forum.

#121 08 Dec 2010 14:15 Complain | Prev | Next | Quote and reply to userReply to user

Signed: August 2010 re: re: re: re: Brown/Knox have apparently turned down offer ...

Reserves

Reserves

'mackiehero1903' wrote at 14:10 on 08 Dec:

Good interview by Brown on bbc. Says could still go to Aberdeen and not a bigger team outside OF than us.

reply :Coming in the summer then ?

Can anyone provide actual evidence of Gannon's "meetings" with other clubs, rather than hear-say or half-baked media reports?

When quizzed last year at the Well Trust Q&A night, he said we knew mare about these jobs than he did.

And to be fair, ye cannae really blame McGhee for wanting to speak with any of those 4 jobs(maybe Hearts being the exception, purely cause of Mad Vlad's involvement).

If being honest, we'd dae it, if in his shoes.

Hello,

GIRUYYSSB

They met with AFC's people out of courtesy because they are true gentlemen and have principles and manners, the sheep were in town for an SPL meeting.

I'm delighted Broon is staying but recent events underline the reasons as to why he has never signed a contract.

Cleary he still fancies a wee move if the opportunity were to arise. Say a more attractive proposition came in from a well run club like Hibs, would he have moved? Possibly so...

No.

This is how I see it, totally deliberate from CB.

Craig Brown to John Boyle: "John, gonny gies some cash tae hodd on tae big Nick and fur a couple a new players in January?"

JB: "Naw Craig, sorry, we huvvny got much in the kitty"

CB: "Fine then. Me and Erchy are away tae talk tae the Sheep aboot the job up ther"

JB: "Aye, right then Craig. So'n ye are"

Couple of hours later.....

JB:The auld bastards, thuv only went and spoke tae the c***s..... "Haw Craig, 'mere a wee minute, ah've fun some copers doon the back ae the couch fur ye tae spend in January if ye promise us yies'll stay"

CB (sniggering to himself on a job well done...) :"Awwww, cheers John, that'd be luvvly" :P

I'll probably be totally wrong on this, but I think CB is a lot more cunning than his demeanor would suggest. This is a good thing.

Could someone explain to me what this "potential" is that Aberdeen are supposed to have? The way I see it is they have no money and have a sh1t squad minus Hartley and Maguire, so where is the "potential"? Do they have an all conquering U19s or something? :P

The potential comes from the fan base. Motherwell's biggest problem is that even when going well, like just now 5000-6000 a game is all that can be hoped for. Aberdeen can generate 15000+ a week when things are going well. This must be an attraction for any ambitious manager.