Craig Brown Statement

Guest 'Flow

Aberdeen won't give a fuck about any SPL complaint by Motherwell and neither will the SPL. Everyone will just point and laugh at the club and then decide what players they will get for next to nothing as the board will do their usual and sell them for way under their value or let them get poached for bugger all.

I can see half the team in Aberdeen strips already...fuckin depressing...!!

That statement is more for the fans than any effectual effort at getting any satisfaction from the SPL or Aberdeen

Where will the sheep shaggers get the money for that? I'm pretty sure McGhee will have max'd out their budget on his squad and they'll be stuck with most of them for the forseeable future.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply am dumbfounded and very, very angry! Just came in from work and happened to log on here to see this. I feel that MFC has been raped yet again and I am becoming sick and tired of supporting a team for over 40 years for the same old same old to happen time after time. How much more can Motherwell fans take? Does the Board not understand this is breaking point? I better not say anything else right now............... :wallbash:

Brown is off his head if he thinks this is a good move. It's easy to forget that before we gave him the job he was hardly the respected elder statesman of Scottish football than he seemed to become. We gave him a chance to regain some respect, he did that, and then has gone and made a total arse of himself.

I simply am dumbfounded and very, very angry! Just came in from work and happened to log on here to see this. I feel that MFC has been raped yet again and I am becoming sick and tired of supporting a team for over 40 years for the same old same old to happen time after time. How much more can Motherwell fans take? Does the Board not understand this is breaking point? I better not say anything else right now............... :wallbash:

aye i fear some of us might turn to drink!

you've got to roll with punches mate, it's good to keep things interesting.

who exactly? Sir Alex?

Hibs fans were raging when we got Gannon and they got Yogi. Especially when Gannon looked like Hibs new manager at one point.

They have snaffled our manager twice in a year and a half. You telling me there isn't a younger manager out there that would come to us that WOULDN'T have them thinking that they could have had him instead? Course there is.

They have just poached a manager they will need to replace in two years MAXIMUM no matter how successful he is. Good luck with that Aberdeen.

Hibs fans were raging when we got Gannon and they got Yogi. Especially when Gannon looked like Hibs new manager at one point.

They have snaffled our manager twice in a year and a half. You telling me there isn't a younger manager out there that would come to us that WOULDN'T have them thinking that they could have had him instead? Course there is.

They have just poached a manager they will need to replace in two years MAXIMUM no matter how successful he is. Good luck with that Aberdeen.

Do you really think that there are many managers out there that would take the motherwell job and do better than them two have?

Brown is off his head if he thinks this is a good move. It's easy to forget that before we gave him the job he was hardly the respected elder statesman of Scottish football than he seemed to become. We gave him a chance to regain some respect, he did that, and then has gone and made a total arse of himself.

A bit like Terry Butcher and Mark McGhee and .........

Truth is and someone else said it, when we have a successful player or manager they are usually gone within a year or two. Thing is I genuinely believed that Brown at 71 would not follow in that fashion. How wrong was I.

My main concern is that the wee pr1ck manages to persuade Blacburn and Blackman to move to Aberdeen.

Right I am off to bed now...honestly. When I wake up I expect to see Jose mourinho being unveiled at Fir Park.

This might sound a bit mad but is it possible that motherwell have told CB and AK to bolt, and now all they are left with is knowing that they are in contention for the aberdeen job? or is it confirmed that they have 100% got that? I would pish myself if they ended up with neither

He better not take any of our players. Prick!

From In's and Out's

Steven Hammell - 30/03 - 2 years (2012)

Keith Lasley -15/04 - 2 years (2012)

Stephen Craigan - 16/04 - 1 year (2011)

Steven Saunders - 21/04 - 1 year extension (2013)

Steve Jennings - 14/05 - 1 year (2011)

Jamie Murphy - 19/05 - 2 year extension (2013)

Jonathan Page - 21/05 - 1 year extension (2012)

Marc Fitzpatrick - 27/05 - 1/2 year extension (Xmas 2010)

Robert McHugh - 02/06 - 2 year extension (2013)

Tom Hateley - 09/06 - 3 years (2013)

If he takes any of them apart from Fitzy, Jennings and Craigan he'll be paying us good wedge.

I'd also echo claretbandonambershirt comments fully.

I hope we go innovative again and give them a Bullseye "look what you could have won" moment with an inspired manager to push us on for the next few years. Water-tight contract please.

Finally with respect to the SPL rules, yeah go after them but don't waste too much time (remember 18 home games last season opposed to 19). I imagine they weren't paid daily so it would either be monthly or weekly, if that's the case that is a contract of sorts and if approached before receiving their last payment then we do have a leg to stand on.

Shallow lack of ambition from Aberdeen and their chairman, see who else is doing well in our 12 team top league and poach them even if they only have another 2.5 years max in them.

This might sound a bit mad but is it possible that motherwell have told CB and AK to bolt, and now all they are left with is knowing that they are in contention for the aberdeen job? or is it confirmed that they have 100% got that? I would pish myself if they ended up with neither

Did cross my mind too, but I don't see why the club wouldn't just have said so in the statement. Wouldn't have reflected at all badly on us, given they way they've arsed us around the past couple of days.

Do you really think that there are many managers out there that would take the motherwell job and do better than them two have?

They got us to 5th and left us in 5th. Last time I checked 4th and 3rd were still better than 5th. We finished 3rd with the manager two before Brown so yes I think we could get someone that could do a better job.

A bit like Terry Butcher and Mark McGhee and .........

Truth is and someone else said it, when we have a successful player or manager they are usually gone within a year or two. Thing is I genuinely believed that Brown at 71 would not follow in that fashion. How wrong was I.

My main concern is that the wee pr1ck manages to persuade Blacburn and Blackman to move to Aberdeen.

Right I am off to bed now...honestly. When I wake up I expect to see Jose mourinho being unveiled at Fir Park.

Agree with that.

Reynolds - Possibly though he might get a better offer.

Gow - Every chance.

Blackman - Aye, probably.

Sutton - Don't think so. Not the type of player they need right now.

Murphy - Aye, where are they getting the truckload of cash...?

will be the truck load that sealed the deal for them to move.

They got us to 5th and left us in 5th. Last time I checked 4th and 3rd were still better than 5th. We finished 3rd with the manager two before Brown so yes I think we could get someone that could do a better job.

McGhee had a much better squad back then than we have now. We'll do well to find a manager who can take us into europe next year

McGhee had a much better squad back then than we have now. We'll do well to find a manager who can take us into europe next year

Lets not kid ourselves here. That might be down to the fact there is fewer backdoors. 5th IIRC won't get us in Europe next season and we still have a good chance of finishing in that position.